The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I traded in my broken 60gb for $70. They would've given me up to $140 if it was working.

Fat or slim?

I have this 40GB Spiderman fat with a 500GB hdd, modded (can easily go with officialFW)

How much can I get?

Edit: PERFECT working condition, has a second (SixAxis) controller somewhere :nerd: :lol:

It was fat. the OG. It was backwards compatible so I think that's why it was worth more. Gotta call your local gamestop.

I have a OG fat 60G anyone know how much those are going for now. I am really tempted to sell off and just put the moneydown on a preorder.

$140.

Sony to GameStop: "The Flood Gates Are Open for PS4 System Reserves"

In a memo given to GameStop stores this morning, Sony has given the go ahead to take an unlimited amount of preorders for the PlayStation 4.

Here is the information GameStop stores received today.

1. PS4 Reservation New Information
Starting now, through this weekend and until further notice, Sony has allowed us to take unlimited preorders beyond your current allotments. In other-words, the flood gates are open for PS4 system reserves, we will let you know when to stop preordering based on limited quantities.

URL]

A source gave us this information and has been verified with a second source. We've been told that many GameStop locations weren't close to fulfilling their PS4 preorders due to a high allocation count. One store was cited to have initially 24 PS4's allocated for preorders, which then increased to 138 systems throughout the week. Currently that location has 66 preorders for the PS4. In contrast with the Xbox One, there's 12 preoders with an allocation of 18.

Last week, Andrew House, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, told The Wall Street Journal that "demand may outstrip supply," after Sony raised their internal sales projections for the next-gen console. Jack Tretton from Sony was told by GameStop executives that the chain would buy "every single unit" that Sony can produce if they could.

According to this leaked memo, it seems like GameStop may just be doing that. Either Sony has just given GameStop a huge supply of PS4 systems or this is a push to fulfill their previous allocation numbers. Either way, this seems like out of the norm for a console that is expected to be in short supply.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1288128

I remember seeing a quick vid of that when they showed off the ps4 at E3 and thought the concept was cool with the camcorder but forgot the name of it, looks pretty good so far

I've seen at least 3 ps4 dates accidentally released. None of them matter til Sony or someone with a source from Sony says it.

I hope so too. If they aren't able to meet all the preorders, it's going to be a nightmare come release day. :smh:

I had a nightmare last might that my preorder had been canceled and my amazon account had been closed down.

I woke up in panic,

I'm ready as well..  ps2 was the only system i ever had at launch,  then i moved onto the 360.. now i'm going back to ps, and i'm excited.. amazon has me covered for day one hopefully 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I hope so too. If they aren't able to meet all the preorders, it's going to be a nightmare come release day. :smh:

Well it seems pre-orders are running slow. I read that some stores had not max out there og allotments and subsequent allotments. Sony may be in a situation where supply may out strip demand. Sony may be seeing pending a surplus.

Not sure if posted... But I read somewhere that Sony told GameStop to take however many preorders through the weekend guaranteed for day 1 in response to GS asking for all the PS4s. It's out preordering XBone something like 60 to 15.

So I think I am going to cancel my BB preorder since their employees were acting like clueless ***** and stick w GS.

Some of y'all know this by now.........

If You Haven't Pre-Ordered An Extra Dual Shock 4, Do It Now

The PlayStation 4 is guaranteed to be a hot item this holiday season, but don't forget about one very important component: That extra controller.

The PS4 only comes with one Dual Shock 4, of course, and you're bound to want an extra. Personally, I definitely need an extra so that I can always be charging one while playing with the other. However, you might not be able to just grab a Dual Shock 4 on day one.

GameStop has been warning customers that their initial allotment of Dual Shock 4s won't be very large. In fact, most stores around me are saying they're only expecting between 15 and 25 on launch day. Most are telling people that if they haven't already pre-ordered a controller, they can't guarantee you one come launch. I'm not sure about Amazon or other retailers but it definitely seems as if GameStop won't have many. Of course, they could get more; Sony may respond to the demand before fall arrives, but there's no guarantee.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1287751
Would be dope if the DS3 would work on the PS4, even if it required a special connector.

Anyways, gonna grab an extra DS4 when they come out with different colors, I want white, just like my DS3 :evil:

Remembering that PS2 launch. Smooth pickup at EB. PS3 was also a smooth pickup at GS.

PS4 shall be the same, hopefully.

Did they ever say anything regarding the battery life of the DS4?

Last edited:
View media item 463525
Idk if ya seen this, I think that "rumored" release date is true..

If that's the date I think it is (can't really tell on my phone) Aisha Tyler named that as the current gen date on Fallon the other night. Although I can't imagine the new consoles would be too far behind. I keep thinking its 11/13 or 11/20 (day before thanksgiving) at the latest.

If that's the date I think it is (can't really tell on my phone) Aisha Tyler named that as the current gen date on Fallon the other night. Although I can't imagine the new consoles would be too far behind. I keep thinking its 11/13 or 11/20 (day before thanksgiving) at the latest.

Day before thanksgiving is the 27th.

Back
Top Bottom