The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

How soon are you looking to get one ? If in a few months I would wait because I'm pretty sure they're gonna be bundles for those games and system, if like next week or sooner just cop one of those hdd off amazon and follow the YouTube vids instructions
I planned on getting one towards the beginning of fall since thats when alot of those great titles would be dropping
 depends on the game...

get one whenever,its easy to upgrade the hard drive when you want.
Do i get a specificly made for ps4 hard drive or will the ones for a computer storage work

That THPS gameplay vid is a joke.  Looks like they just reskinned the same engine from the old games too.

I was literally about to type that I don't care as much about graphics if the gameplay is tight, but then I actually watched it...
sick.gif

So Xbox came out with "backwards compatibility" at E3, do you guys think Sony will come out with that feature eventually?

I wonder what that means for the PSNow pricing model.

p.s. I just finished GOW 1 Remaster yesterday on PSNow. One of my most favorite games ever

So Xbox came out with "backwards compatibility" at E3, do you guys think Sony will come out with that feature eventually?

p.s. I just finished GOW 1 Remaster yesterday on PSNow. One of my most favorite games ever

Backwards compatibility will be tough as the processor runs with different coding language than the old PS3 one if I'm not wrong. It's why coding for PS3 was so difficult for many developers which resulted in bad ports. It might even be impossible hence why they did the streaming services.

Sony won't and it means nothing for PS now. It wasn't aimed at being a BC solution. It's aiming for the Netflix type model which is why it's on smart TV's with more devices to follow.

Can someone help make sense of this Final Fantasy VII Remake? is this the port that was announce last year that had everybody pissed? Is this a revamped remake? Will it have the same turn-based gameplay?
No, it seems this will be a brand new re-make of the OG film. When they announced FF7 last year, it was simply a port from the PC version that was released, only in HD. lol. That's why so many people were so upset at the announcement last year.

Maybe Square felt the pressure and backlash from that announcement and decided it would be smart to re-make the entire game? My goodness I cannot wait. I wonder if they'll change the fighting interface and make it more like a third-person POV like the more recent FF games.

Just happy that the remake is being made...I just hope it doesn't take forever to release
frown.gif
I wonder what happens to that PS4 FF7 PC port now?

I planned on getting one towards the beginning of fall since thats when alot of those great titles would be dropping

Do i get a specificly made for ps4 hard drive or will the ones for a computer storage work
1tb hgst

http://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travelstar-2-5-Inch-Internal-0J22423/dp/B00B4QESVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433446195&sr=8-1&keywords=1tb+hgst

or 2tb seagate portable

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STEA2000400/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433446225&sr=8-5&keywords=2tb+seagate

You'd have to pry open the seagate, but it's pretty easy.

Sony won't and it means nothing for PS now. It wasn't aimed at being a BC solution. It's aiming for the Netflix type model which is why it's on smart TV's with more devices to follow.
That's why they turned down ea access right?

"bad value to gamers."

Last edited:
A crack in time is a must play.

I've still got Into the Nexus to play but to be honest the one coming out is a reboot so its a good starting point.
My guess 2017 since that would be the 20th anniversary.

So 2016 FFXV, 2017 FFVII - Re and 2018 KHIII

Sweet. I was under the impression they were remaking the first game but where going to continue from where the PS3 left off for the rest.

I'll have to check them out

Yea. It was supposed to be the netflix for video games, but has it been widely successful/embraced by gamers? I did a 3 month trial for $45 but I'm canceling once it's up. I figured I'm better off buying/selling the games used for like $5 each. I just realized I pretty much spent $45 to beat GOW 1, most likely beat GOW 2 and hopefully Arkam city by the time my 3 months are up. And then I will no longer own the games if I want to play them again.

Which brings my point, as a consumer, if Msft and Xbox are offering something like that for free, no way am I spending $15/month on it.

Last edited:
Yall dudes hyped for FF VII are selling your self's short.
VI, VIII, IX are all better and get no love

Tony Hawk looks fine. Graphics could be a little better but gameplay looks fine. It's always been an arcade game. And that's how Tony Hawk wants it to play. Fast paced, same old controls, and ridiculous strings of tricks. Tony himself said he didn't want the feel to chance.

You want realistic well then go play Skate.

FTR, Skate >THPS.

I love VIII, that's still my game to this day. I was running through it last year for a little.

honestly the best gameplay wise for me is X. I love the sphere grid system.

Back
Top Bottom