The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Heavy Rain was so much better than Beyond 2 Souls.
yep. my biggest gripe with Beyond 2 Souls was it's story jumping around all over the place. had no idea what was going on when you played her as a kid then jumped to her being an adult. if it went in chronological order i would've enjoyed it a lot more 

Sony confirms PS2 emulation on PS4

Sony is working on bringing PlayStation 2 titles to the PlayStation 4, the company confirmed to WIRED Thursday evening.

“We are working on utilizing PS2 emulation technology to bring PS2 games forward to the current generation,” a Sony representative told WIRED via email. “We have nothing further to comment at this point in time.”

It seems as if the first PS2 games using this emulation software to run on PS4 are already out: a bundle available now at retail that includes a PS4 console and the Star Wars: Battlefront game also includes a selection of bonus classic games: Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

The latter three games, according to the Digital Foundry, as reported by Eurogamer, aren’t simply ports of old code to the PS4. Instead, there are a number of signs indicating that they’re running on proprietary emulation software.
Source: http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playsta...sony-confirms/
Battlefront 2 included? 
nerd.gif

Not quoting your novel.

But I played the game completely, you barely made it past the beta if you only played to mars. But you are comparing two different styles of FPS, they aren't comparable. I understand Tek's frustration with the game, it common amongst a few of us who played the game fully. I've been seeing your posts since yesterday on the matter, just confused why you are going to hard to discuss Halo and Destiny.

Destiny is more comparable to Borderlands, just because Bungie developed both you are stuck on a game with a liner campaign and competitive multiplayer compared to another FPS where you are hunting for weapons, completing raids and quests. They play different, I will party up and play a competitive match on Halo, Crucible has no real benefit to care or go hard in. However I've raided mad times with folks, after I beat Halo on legendary that's it. That's why you're Goldeneye to FF7. just because you shoot in both games, they aren't comparable. That's like comparing COD to Rainbow 6.

I'm not gonna say Destiny is better than Halo because I like both games, had fun with friends on both and got a different experience from both titles. You failed to realized that's an option.

You have something to tell us? We don't care if you enjoy anal sex bruh, this is a video game thread not a coming out the closet party.

only part that matters.

I am not taking your opinion personally but at least have logical reasoning instead of filling the thread with garbage.

"Destiny is trash because I had more fun on Halo 1"

Bruh no one cares.

very obvious you care a great deal.

enough to keep responding with more whining.

you defending tek saying the game is gabbage, but when i say it's trash it's because i didn't waste enough of my life on it? LMAOOOOOOOOO

still can't say destiny is better than halo 1, because it isn't....which was the original statement i made.

you agree with it, but are such a fan, you just want to have a back and forth with me.

again, i forgive you, fan.

LMAOOOOOOOOO

"mars was the beta"

LMAOOOOOOOO

the entire game was a beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
The level design in Halo 1 was absolutely horrible. Every level was literally the same rooms with the same designs and textures repeated over and over again, game was like a giant maze because everything looks the same.

even tek agrees with me, and he hates me.
incorrect. i dont hate anyone. i dont care about most of you enough to hate you. no offense to anyone. but to hate someone u really gotta care.

also, saying halo 1 gave a better experience is really misleading. it was a gamechanger for shooting games, much like goldeneye was. if Halo 1 was that great an experience, then when it got remastered and re-released it shouldve still had a great experience right? Surely with better graphics and a vastly superior online network the halo 1 remaster mustve been AMAZING then?

cuz... it wasnt. and dont say remasters don't count, cuz the TLOU remaster is a work of art and is giving people even better experiences than it did the first time around.

destiny, even though i cant stand the game anymore... is the best multiplayer game ive experienced in a long time. the argument can be made that its the best one ever. COD MW and MW2 are the only competition imo for games that brought people together and gave an incredible online experience. but while we all know how repetitive COD was.... Destiny hit you from all sorts of different objectives, missions, raids etc etc. We spent hours when the game dropped just talking **** shooting into the loot cave. people were literally brought TOGETHER by this game. So now after factoring that in, destiny is the best time ive ever had in a multiplayer. ever.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah yeah. You played halo 1 for 4 years and destiny for 2. I don't see how y'all played the same raids over and over and over. I was bored by the third replay.

I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking about destiny. It would have been the most disappointing game in recent memory but gta v will prolly go down in history as the most disappointing game ever

Lol@ saying a re-master should be as good, a decade later. TLOU was meh. They remastered it for next gen, when it was the opus of last gen, apples to oranges. Halo was the launch title for of Xbox.

Either way, change the subject.

I liked that the story jumped around. On minute you were a kid, next minute you when are an honorary native american.
Couldn't ask for more.

I liked that the story jumped around. On minute you were a kid, next minute you when are an honorary native american.
Couldn't ask for more.
to an extent it does make it more unique but it led to inconstancies in tone and plot with some moments just feeling like filler and lack of context. i like the one mission in Africa tho i thought that entire chapter was cool

to an extent it does make it more unique but it led to inconstancies in tone and plot with some moments just feeling like filler and lack of context. i like the one mission in Africa tho i thought that entire chapter was cool
i understand, but I prefered that it you had to connect the pieces yourself.
Made the story a little more interesting, even though the story wasn't that interesting.

The africa chapter was my 2nd fav. Behind the chapter where she makes shop with those homeless people.
That chapter was heavy rain quality.

i understand, but I prefered that it you had to connect the pieces yourself.
Made the story a little more interesting, even though the story wasn't that interesting.

The africa chapter was my 2nd fav. Behind the chapter where she makes shop with those homeless people.
That chapter was heavy rain quality.
i liked putting the pieces together as well but i wish it didn't have to jump around every chapter since it did hurt the plot (wasn't the strongest to start with) thats pretty much just preference tho

yeah the entire part with the homeless people is probably my favorite part too. i wish the game would've let me stay with them more definitely one of the best moments in the game. i actually went back to the homeless girl and her daughter in my ending when i had to choose 

i liked putting the pieces together as well but i wish it didn't have to jump around every chapter since it did hurt the plot (wasn't the strongest to start with) thats pretty much just preference tho

yeah the entire part with the homeless people is probably my favorite part too. i wish the game would've let me stay with them more definitely one of the best moments in the game. i actually went back to the homeless girl and her daughter in my ending when i had to choose 
i see. I can't pinpoint what I felt the plot lacked, david cage gon david cage. I like memento, so if detroit is like b2s, I'll be ready for cage's
"Innovation."

I didn't know you could go back. I was thinking about replaying b2s. When i saw the launch trailer, I realized how boring those aiden sections were.

Detroit just have to be heavy rain quality. All I hope for.

So with this PS2 emulation, we could theoretically get SOCOM 1-3 back online with increased resolution and a cleaner image.

That would be cool.

Last edited:
i see. I can't pinpoint what I felt the plot lacked, david cage gon david cage. I like memento, so if detroit is like b2s, I'll be ready for cage's
"Innovation."

I didn't know you could go back. I was thinking about replaying b2s. When i saw the launch trailer, I realized how boring those aiden sections were.

Detroit just have to be heavy rain quality. All I hope for.
i can't pinpoint where the plot was lacking exactly either lol. i feel like the whole spirit stuff is where it loses interest especially toward the end. the concept itself just wasn't strong enough in the story at times and it just wasn't as interesting compared to the more somber moments of the game imo. the native american section was damn good too i wish they would've approached the spirit stuff from that view more in the game

the aiden sections are pretty boring i see them as being more of a chore to get through although taking over people is pretty cool besides that i dont like him for much else 

i think Detroit will be good i think the concept is really cool and a lot can be done with it. so hopefully its around heavy rain status. id deff buy heavy rain again for the ps4 to play. i just wish they could've came out with more DLC for it i would've loved to know more about Scott Shelby's past or Norman Jayden

:pimp:

EA needs to put the nail in the coffin on NBA Live and bring NBA Street to current gen. consoles.

It's a no brainer and their only option at this point and one that would probablybe successful.

But this is EA we're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom