The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PS3 was 600 launch price so they could get away with it, but they shouldn't. The precedent was set to eat some of the hardware costs.

IMO, $50 will be the retail for it.

I could see them make up for it bt having a launch title that we thought wouldn't be out day 1.

D Double D Double didn't Sony let MS have Xmas to themselves with the 360?

I don't think it will be an issue. Alot of great games coming this year, too.

Look how that turned out.

360 had a head start, a price advantage and was easier to develop for.
That made third party games sell better on the 360 so more more money for MS.

Developers couldn't ignore the 360 sales so Sony lost a lot of their PS2 exclusives like Final Fantasy and GTA.
360 ended up getting exclusives of its own like Mass Effect and Gears.

Even though the PS3 outsold the 360 every year after it released, it was still a moving target that took them until the end of the gen to catch up and they lost billions in the process to make that happen. Wiped out all their PS2 profits.

These days its all about ecosystems. Sony makes money when you buy games, buy DLC, sub to PS+ and stream from PS Now.
There's a lot more money to lose if your competitor steals your customer so you can't let them have it all to themselves, especially at launch near Black Friday and Christmas.

D Double D Double You make valid points and I was a huge XBox 360 fan, however I'm on the PS4 camp presently.

I personally don't think that MS has that killer app that will make the masses (not early adopters) race out to grab the XSX on launch.

Bothy SONY and MS will make their money this Christmas on discounted current gen hardware.

Launch hype is contagious, especially around the holidays. Demand is high and supply is usually low.
Xbox One outsold the PS4 Dec 2013 because PS4's were supply constrained even with the $100 price difference.

There are also gamers who don't really care for first party titles like that.
For many people their console is just a Fortnite, COD, FIFA or Madden machine and will go where their friends go.
For people like this, it will be natural for them to get a PS5 if they had a PS4 but if only the Xsex is out then they can jump ship.

Is FF7 Remake still only part of the game or is it the complete game on release day?

IMO, $500* will be the retail for it.

I could see them make up for it bt having a launch title that we thought wouldn't be out day 1.

Yeah, I see that happening too. Especially with the PS5 manufacturing cost coming out to $450/unit, there is no way I see Microsoft pricing their "Series X" to anything lower than that.........since there is now way that "Xbox GAMING PC" costs anywhere below $450 to be made.

The most I'll see Microsoft doing is matching the PS5's price for their Xbox Series X (PC) and taking a profit loss just to compete with Sony in the first year.

The major question is...........will this affect overall launch sales of Next Gen. Consoles with both Playstation and Xbox possibly going to $500 at release? OR will this force more people to "stay on the fence" with their current gen. PS4 Pros and Xbox 1 Xs for the first year and a half of the next console generation instead?

I’m running through RDR2 again
Captured this gem
F7864D8B-07B3-4320-A4D2-79174FD1E396.jpeg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom