The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I think it’d be pretty dope if a lot of developers could have day one enhancement patches ready for PS4 titles day one of PS5 launch.

Also, been playing MW2 Campaign Remastered. Imiss old COD. I hope one day we do get that MP release.
If BC is only for PS4 games..............
That’s most likely what we’re getting. Don’t get your hopes up.

Ready to preorder
#ganggang
daquan-20200524-0001.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything before PS4. PS3 will never happen.
Slim chance for PS1 & 2.

It'd be quite a feat. I got a bunch of OG PS games around doing nothing.

Wont get my hopes too much.

PS4 doesn't even play CD's so even if there was PS1 BC for PS5, it will be the PS1 classics on the PS store that worked on PSP, PS3 and Vita.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything before PS4. PS3 will never happen.
Slim chance for PS1 & 2.

Add to the fact they are seeing increasing PSNow subscriptions, hard to believe they would cannibalize it.

Holding on to hope they are going to remodel it to make BC happen.

I should say I hope we get BC for PS1-PS3, mostly PS3 for me but I just don’t see it happening. I think at best we’d get PS1, PS2 Classics w/ trophy support, 4K enhancement etc. but they would require you to purchase them. Of course that would piss people off more :lol:

That's fine. If all PS1-3 games were digital only, it would be perfect.

Only issue with that is someone or a team will have to test all those games to make sure they work properly and a lot of old games have expired licenses which means they can't even be put on the store.

FF7: Crisis Core is stuck on the PSP all because of one song used in the game. Couldn't even get it on Vita.
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, well loads of Marvel games just get delisted when their license expires.
Driveclub is gone from the store because Sony didn't want to renew the licenses for the cars.

For PS1 and PS2, I think the future for BC is a curated list of PS1/PS2 classics on the store and on PS Now that have been upressed to 1080p or higher, have wide screen support if possible and have trophies.
I know that's been done for some PS2 games but It's still a small amount. However, I expect them to add more over time for games with no licensing issues. The PS2 classics you can download on PS4 so I don't see any reason why they won't work on PS5 since they're both using the same architecture unlike the PS2 classics on PS3 which are stuck there.

For PS3 games, though, keeping your PS3, streaming or a remaster are most likely the only choices.

Dudes in 2020 worried about playing outdated games from yesteryears can’t make this up. Just give me new games with better graphics and performance.
eh i wanna play my marvel vs capcom 2 game i bought digitally
and that capcom origins which had marvel vs capcom 1 in it

Games tomorrow.

Console reveal, price reveal and Pre-order info at the next event.

What I think will happen.
I really doubt they have an hour's worth of trailers and gameplay to show off and then have another event just to show what the console looks like?

Nah, I think we will get the console and price reveal tomorrow along with launch window games and previews of games to come in the first year. If they are still on track for holiday 2020 its only 6 months away. The ps4 and ps3 were shown almost a year prior to release. They will still keep it to Holiday 2020 and pre-orders will probably start in August along with a final release date. Most likely November.

Back
Top Bottom