The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yeah the PS5 showcase wasn't great but it had way more exclusive games I want to play.

Plus I'm going to be playing a good deal of recent gen games anyway.

Last edited:
We gotta keep it a hundred, Sony showcase wasn’t that much better. They both had some nice AAA stuff to show but also a lot of questionable stuff. Y’all not convincing me that y’all hyped for Bugsnax :lol:
They was equal in my eye to be honest. I wasn’t expecting much from either due to their tight lipped ness.

just got done with the wedding for Sleeping Dogs
Had to get the massage, energy drink, and pork bun before it though
I remember first time I played it I was :wow::wow::wow:

Started working for the impound dude and I'm pretty close to running jobs for Ricky(vaguely remember his storyline having to do with his girl)
I be feelin myself with the face time missions, gettin giddy whenever somebody is like
"Wei can you help?"

I swear SpiderMan stole the animation/mechanic where Wei jumps onto the cars to hijack them then throws the driver out.

One thing I never liked about Microsoft presentations (games aside even though... yea :lol:) is they seem so cringe. Like, why is Geoff Keely hosting your presentation (which was supposed to be the most important showing XBox has ever had)? Why do we have to cut to him after every game is shown? Why do we need these random streamers and influencers here? Just show us the games bro lol! Speaking of games, why does every trailer need to lead with “World Premier”? How you call Watch Dogs: Legion a “World Premier” when we’ve known about this game for over a year? People have played it already and given their impressions on the game. How is it a Premier?

With a gaming pc and an nvidia shield I can stream to if couch gaming is needed, I don't need an xbox at all.
Honestly, Microsoft should just drop the price so we can get the ball rolling already. They don’t even seem interested in selling people the new box so why the procrastination?

427AE90A-E10F-461A-8C13-61C0A550E5F3.jpeg

beat Ghost of T with liberating the whole island and doing all side missions. Here’s my quick review:

Beat Ghost of T. Here’s my quick review:

8.9/10

I don’t know if this is a fair comparison, but ghost of t is better than any assassins creed game I have played (AC Origins being my favorite)

this game is what many AC fans have been asking for. An open world game that took place in Japan or even China. Sucker Punch really did there thing here.

Pro: game mechanics, customizations, and even story. The main story started off boring but it takes off near the second act. There are some great side stories as well. My favorite being the archer sensei with his traitor student (the ending was perfect imo) and the side mission with Yuriko. When she starts talking to you believing you are your dad and confesses her love and you realize she has dementia. If anyone had to deal with family who’s mind is slowly degrading, you know how painful it is.

I also loved the 1v1 duels. Esp the side mission where you have the fight the 5 ronins and the setting was 🔥

Cons:

-Enemy AI is too easy and dumb even on a harder difficulty. With all the Ghost weapons, you’re pretty much unstoppable.

-Voice acting in English was bad besides Jin’s voice. The fake Asian accent doesn’t help either lol. Had to switch it to the Japanese dub and i enjoyed it more regardless of the lips not following the words exactly.
-too many mini cut scenes. Hated seeing one every time I uncut someone’s hands.

Overall this was an amazing game and worth the hype for sure. I hope Assassins Creed Valhalla delivers cause Ghost of T just set the standard for this genre.

We gotta keep it a hundred, Sony showcase wasn’t that much better. They both had some nice AAA stuff to show but also a lot of questionable stuff. Y’all not convincing me that y’all hyped for Bugsnax :lol:
You Talking bout Bugnsax :lol:

Like I said in my other post the games are subjective. I liked Everwild and The Gunk but as a showcase for next gen it didn't do much.

Halo didn't look good graphically. You can't stick Optimised for Series X then show an early build like that with pop-in for your flagship franchise and then promise ray tracing as an update.
Ray tracing was meant to be one of the biggest next gen upgrades.
They should've merged this with their last show and got third parties to pad it but then if they did that then that would've diluted their Gamepass marketing which is why I think this was a Gamepass show. They decided to give screentime to tell us Hellblade is set in Iceland. Nothing basically but because it's a gamepass game it adds to the overall message. Same thing with showing those games far out.

I feel like with Sony's conference you could see the next gen upgrades :

Spider-Man shows the upgrades to Miles,
Horizon showed the upgrade from current gen,
Demon Souls showed the upgrade from the PS3 game.
Ratchet showed you what the SSD could do and also had Ray Tracing.
GT7 showed gameplay with Ray Tracing.
Resident Evil showed the upgrade from current gen

Then they topped it off with the reveal of the new hardware.
It's interesting to see the divergence in strategy from both camps and I'm definitely interested to see how things play out.

Thinking about it more:

Fable is just called Fable and is rumored to be an MMO.
Forza is just called Forza Motorsport, no sequel number.
Halo Infinite is a platform that the intend to build on and no game after this according to 343.

Microsoft is definitely switching a lot of their games to GaaS models.
Makes sense that they will lose money from Gamepass offering all those games on day 1 so this will be the model to recoup that money back and then some from DLC, expansions and micro transactions.

With this model, getting your games on more platforms will be important which explains them making a cheap model like the Series S and putting every game on PC and even older Xbones if they can. On the other hand It also means less single player games and potentially older hardware holding games back like we saw with Halo.

I'm definitely team Generation. I like my games to use the full potential of the hardware with all the bells and whistles. I'm not trying to be held back my previous gen. Generations are already 7 to 8 years long. I also like the tight knit single player games too that we got this gen. Sony do need some

Anyways in PlayStation news :lol:

No more SMS verification which was also less secure and slow.
Hopefully I can use Microsoft's authenticator app and get the push notification.

Last edited:
Ima say, and I mean I with extreme prejudice;
Whoever gets me a game like Def Jam: Fight for New York is automatically the "winner".
No bs. And M$ presentation was boring af! (Even Masterchief had me snoozing).

• TLOU Part II : 4M in 3 days
  • Spider-Man : 3.3M in 3 days
  • God of War : 3.1M in 3 days
  • Ghost of Tsushima : 2.4M in 3 days
  • Uncharted 4 : 2.7M in 1 week
  • Horizon Zero Dawn : 2.6M in 2 weeks
  • inFamous SS : 1M in 9 days
  • Bloodborne : 1M in 12 days
  • Detroit Become Human : 1M in 2 weeks

And looks like we have another potential 10Million seller. Way more than my estimate of a million yesterday.

Should have legs as well on PS5.

For the Jet Set Radio fans.

Last edited:
427AE90A-E10F-461A-8C13-61C0A550E5F3.jpeg

beat Ghost of T with liberating the whole island and doing all side missions. Here’s my quick review:

Beat Ghost of T. Here’s my quick review:

8.9/10

I don’t know if this is a fair comparison, but ghost of t is better than any assassins creed game I have played (AC Origins being my favorite)

this game is what many AC fans have been asking for. An open world game that took place in Japan or even China. Sucker Punch really did there thing here.

Pro: game mechanics, customizations, and even story. The main story started off boring but it takes off near the second act. There are some great side stories as well. My favorite being the archer sensei with his traitor student (the ending was perfect imo) and the side mission with Yuriko. When she starts talking to you believing you are your dad and confesses her love and you realize she has dementia. If anyone had to deal with family who’s mind is slowly degrading, you know how painful it is.

I also loved the 1v1 duels. Esp the side mission where you have the fight the 5 ronins and the setting was 🔥

Cons:

-Enemy AI is too easy and dumb even on a harder difficulty. With all the Ghost weapons, you’re pretty much unstoppable.

-Voice acting in English was bad besides Jin’s voice. The fake Asian accent doesn’t help either lol. Had to switch it to the Japanese dub and i enjoyed it more regardless of the lips not following the words exactly.
-too many mini cut scenes. Hated seeing one every time I uncut someone’s hands.

Overall this was an amazing game and worth the hype for sure. I hope Assassins Creed Valhalla delivers cause Ghost of T just set the standard for this genre.

damn g much respect you must have been grinding your *** off. Just got done with Act 1 yesterday with all side quests and territories completed and that alone felt like it took forever

Ima say, and I mean I with extreme prejudice;
Whoever gets me a game like Def Jam: Fight for New York is automatically the "winner".
No bs. And M$ presentation was boring af! (Even Masterchief had me snoozing).

You're never getting another Def Jam game.

Today's rappers are too "soft" to form a roster and no one's gonna make a wrestling game with a roster of 40-50 year old rappers without hits from the last decade+.

Today's rappers are too "soft" to form a roster and no one's gonna make a wrestling game with a roster of 40-50 year old rappers.

You telling me you won't get hyped for Young Thug vs Tekashi69.

Today's rappers are too "soft" to form a roster and no one's gonna make a wrestling game with a roster of 40-50 year old rappers without hits from the last decade+.
Not even that tho. The main reason it wasn't remastered was the licensing.
The music biz so fickle EA couldnt pull it off.
I assume it only gotten worse.

Sony started off strong with Spider-Man: MM, Ratchet & Clank, Kena looks interesting, then there was a lot of mid and finally they finished strong with Horizon Forbidden West.

Now with all that said:

3b022188e48b07c24f527eb0e38b264d15da2855.gifv

Any slander (both direct and implied) of easily the magnum opus of the PS4 era that is Bugsnax will not be tolerated in this thread. :emoji_rage:

Cease and desist immediately. :emoji_triumph:

Last edited:
Hopefully we get some news regarding Sony’s next SoP. It seems like people were really underwhelmed yesterday with the MS showing. Sony might as well put the nail in the coffin. Drop that release date, open pre-orders, announce enhancement patches for key titles and then announce Bloodborne II :smokin

just got done with the wedding for Sleeping Dogs
Had to get the massage, energy drink, and pork bun before it though
I remember first time I played it I was :wow::wow::wow:

Started working for the impound dude and I'm pretty close to running jobs for Ricky(vaguely remember his storyline having to do with his girl)
I be feelin myself with the face time missions, gettin giddy whenever somebody is like
"Wei can you help?"

I swear SpiderMan stole the animation/mechanic where Wei jumps onto the cars to hijack them then throws the driver out.

Reading you posts talking about your enjoyment playing Sleeping Dogs has me like:

1595598371221.png

Back
Top Bottom