The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My list is long in what I traded in yesterday and it's mainly because with PS5 launch coming up and a lot of the physical copies I had will be in the PS5 PS+ collection and also what is already in my PS+ library from the 2 monthly free games and having been subscribed to PS+ since it started 10 years ago on PS3 era.

But here is my list

-Uncharted 4 : $6.50
-God Of War: $13.00
-Days Gone: $13.00
-Ratchet & Clank: $13.00
-Devil May Cry 5: $15.60
-Devil May Cry HD Collection PS4: $15.60
-Bioshock HD Collection: $13.00
-LA Noire: $13.00
-Rise Of The Tomb Raider PS4 copy: $6.50
-Rise Of The Tomb Raider XB1 copy: $3.90
-Far Cry 5 XB1 copy:$13.00
-Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order XB1 copy: $19.50
-GTA IV Complete Edition XB1 copy: $6.50
-Resident Evil 2 remake XB1 copy: $13.00
-Control PS4 copy: $15.60
-The Last Guardian: $9.10
-GTA V PS4 copy: $13.00
-The Last Of Us Remastered: $13.00
-Red Dead Redemption II XB1 copy: $19.50
-Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy: $19.50
-Crash Team Racing Nitro: $15.60
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 PS4: $2.60
-Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter PS4: $3.90
-Bloodborne: $13

I have the Gamestop yearly pro membership which costs $14 a year and it kicks in another 10% on all game trades in. Also the girl working the counter at my local GS was nice enough to get another 20% added on by pre ordering Crash Bandicoot: It's about time and Star Wars Squadron for the minimum $5 each which I'm not interested in either game at launch. I went back to same GS store and canceled my pre orders on those 2 games with no problem and got my $10 pre order money back and added to my store credit pre paid card.

Walked out with $289.90 in GS store credit which is all they offering right now and store credit is always higher than cash value from them. Digital downloads once you buy a game wether on a dope PSN flash sales or even worse at full retail it's done and you can't trade anything back or get any money back. All that money you spent went to Sony and all of the devs & game publishers.

So yeah that's why I'm not about that only digital download life :lol:

Everyone of those games over the past 3 to 5 years I've bought at at the $19.99 to $29.99 range and was even better and cheaper back when Best Buy GCU membership was around.

Plan now is to buy from Best Buy for the rewards zone certs: a extra Dual Sense controller, The new PS5 pulse headset, dual sense charging station, and the PS5 media remote controller.

Use GS store credit money on Spidey PS5 ultimate launch edition, and Demon Souls. Might pick up Cyberpunk. Will get Devil May Cry 5 special edition when the physical edition eventual comes out, will get Hitman 3, Ratchet & Clank PS5, Horizon Forbidden West, God Of War Ragnarok next year.

You got took for a little money. If those preorders were on PS5 games, it would have been +$5 per game (with at least a $5 base) rather than 20% [this promo shows on the PS5 game pages rather than the weekly ad]. For example, God of War would have netted you $16 ($10 base + $1 PRO benefit +$5 PS5 trade-in bonus) instead of $13. So it looks like you might've left around $50 on the table, fwiw.

You got took for a little money. If those preorders were on PS5 games, it would have been +$5 per game (with at least a $5 base) rather than 20% [this promo shows on the PS5 game pages rather than the weekly ad]. For example, God of War would have netted you $16 ($10 base + $1 PRO benefit +$5 PS5 trade-in bonus) instead of $13. So it looks like you might've left around $50 on the table, fwiw.

Yeah I know. I was reading on the reddit PS4 deal page.

Man made almost $300 in store credit and y’all saying he a fool. I’ll take that convenience over meeting some random stranger who shows up and hits you with the “say bruh, I only got $20 on me (even though we agreed on $30), is that cool?” :lol:

Yup. I won't deal with weird people or risk my life with people off CL, offer up and other seller sites. Ebay you have to pay fees and a lot of buyers will flake and file claims through ebay or paypal.

I’m saying give it away to a kid not meet a pervert in a parking lot late at night

there’s plenty of 10-12yr old kids in your area who that’d be a huge come up for
1C18CE1C-39E1-4308-B6FC-DAB89A90DEF3.png

crash bandicoot is full $60 for a platformer in 2020. I'm good.
star wars squadrons on the other hand looks good at $40. reminds me of ace combat. will pick it up this thursday to pass the time in between gen.
I was just talking with my brother about this the other day. I feel like we get less and less types of games like this because people think anything that doesn’t have multiplayer, not open world or have 60+ hours of content is not worth the price. Y’all want AAA games for the price of an indie :lol:

I’d much rather pay $60 for Super Mario Odyssey compared to $60 for AC Odyssey (w/ DLC).

*this wasn’t a shot at you, I’m not paying $60 for Crash either :rofl:

Check your local mom and pop game stores too. They’re not much better than GameStop, but they usually are better with Cash.

I agree with either not trading games in at all or giving them to some kids. Still keeping my old stuff because I know I’ll never get the true value for them. $6 for a PS2 is down right disrespectfull.

I was just talking with my brother about this the other day. I feel like we get less and less types of games like this because people think anything that doesn’t have multiplayer, not open world or have 60+ hours of content is not worth the price. Y’all want AAA games for the price of an indie :lol:

I’d much rather pay $60 for Super Mario Odyssey compared to $60 for AC Odyssey (w/ DLC).

*this wasn’t a shot at you, I’m not paying $60 for Crash either :rofl:

I'd pay $60 for a mario game any day, but crash??? nope. will get it on a eventual psn holiday sale for half maybe more off

Honestly all of you dropped the ball not selling your system a month or two ago when used consoles were going for new prices in the after market. I mean I got $325 cash for my One X on FB marketplace and it wasn't on there for long. Also got over $300 for my Taken King PS4. My only regret is not selling my Switch when I could have got like $500 for it... might still sell it if I can get $330 for it.

However... I keep all my last gen consoles. I just upgraded to the Cyberpunk X1X, Death Stranding PS4 Pro (got a great deal on it but kinda wish I had waited on the Last if Us 2 console but I wasn't about to be bothered with switching my 2TB HDD and reinstalling everything again), and I just managed to get one if the Animal Crossing LE Switch consoles... though this girl I just started talking to is practically begging me to sell it to her... we'll see if she acts right).

I still have my MGS4 PS3, Silver Slim PS2, and my original PS1 from 1997. **** I still have my OG Dreamcast from 99 and my OG SNES. The 360 is one of the few systems I never bothered upgrading to the slim version, though I did like that Star Wars LE.

Last edited:
console gaming should have been completely digital with the introduction of the pro and one x. no valid reason for physical games anymore besides being collectible.

console gaming should have been completely digital with the introduction of the pro and one x. no valid reason for physical games anymore besides being collectible.

I buy 4k movies so having a player is nice because standalone they can be pricey. I'm getting a Series X so I'm going digital for the PS5 but if Series X was digital only I would of bought the disc version.

PSA:

A friend and I got to discussing controller latency. He said he never unplugged his because he thought the wired connection would provide less latency, but I always thought there was no difference because the Bluetooth connection always over-rode it.

Turns out we were both a bit right and a bit wrong; I did not know about this.

If you own a newer PS4 DS4 controller (CUH-ZCT2), for best result set it on USB connection instead of Bluetooth. Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

o7rpe2y.jpg

There's plenty of reason... you've obviously never lived in a rural area when broadband internet is very expensive or non-existent.

internet in nyc isn’t the greatest either. You're not getting top speeds in most neighborhoods. (Mostly Latino and black zip codes but that’s another argument for another thread) And I pay spectrum a grip for it since Verizon fios is not available in every neighborhood even tho nyc payed them a ton to have fios all over the city.

Well have fun managing your digital library with a relatively small amount of storage space and slow internet speeds...

Don't have a PC to play among us, but have watched people on twitch/youtube play it for like the past 2 weeks. **** is funny as hell to watch honestly. I've been watching DrLupo/courage/marcel etc...****s so funny

bruh Courage and Marcel are comedy :lol:

Valkyrae tho:pimp:

Well have fun managing your digital library with a relatively small amount of storage space and slow internet speeds...

No such thing as small amount of storage space when they sell external and internal hard drives at your desired capacity. The case for physical disc gaming is vanishing if it hasn’t already.

Back
Top Bottom