The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

This.

4k with ray tracing vs near 4k at a locked 60 is going to be tough one.

60FPS all day everyday. Nothing tops a smooth gaming experience.

The ray tracing stuff might be fine for cats who play 'super easy/story' difficulty levels and want to take in their 'virtual' surroundings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Considering how popular Bloodborne was/is along with the fact that it's a 'Greatest Hits' joint I can easily see the business case for From Software releasing a 60FPS version as a PS5 'remaster'.
Yea there's been a few rumours of a remaster coming to PS5/PC.

If FromSoftware or Sony Japan is not currently working on it then BluePoint can after Demon's Souls

But I also won't be surprised to see a patch since a lot of the 1st party titles in the PS+ collection got patches.

4k ray tracing is 30 FPS or 60?? Will always play the game at higher frame rate when available.
Fidelity mode is Native 4K with Ray tracing at 30fps
Performance mode is Dynamic 4K at 60fps

Looking at the Digital Foundry comparison, there's hardly a dip in IQ for the performance mode.
But Ray Tracing looks really good though.

Might as well do 2 playthroughs.

GIF-06-11-2020-15-39-08.gif

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

4k ray tracing is 30 FPS or 60?? Will always play the game at higher frame rate when available.
4k with ray tracing runs at practically 30fps (fidelity mode in miles).
Without ray tracing runs at nearly 4k but a locked 60fps (performance mode in miles).

I'll also take a locked 60fps any day but the fidelity mode and reflections in buildings look unreal. The video DDouble posted shows the differences well.

aint this bout a B i just got an email from the retailer i ordered from saying they are not sure i will receive my console on release day wtf damn fingers crossed.

Yea there's been a few rumours of a remaster coming to PS5/PC.

If FromSoftware or Sony Japan is not currently working on it then BluePoint can after Demon's Souls

But I also won't be surprised to see a patch since a lot of the 1st party titles in the PS+ collection got patches.

It's cool that there are patches but I get the business case for remasters also.

For games like 'Days Gone' or 'Death Stranding' which were not that great to begin with, there's no business case to release a remaster - the patch might actually move the physical PS4 copies in addtion to some digital sales. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4k with ray tracing runs at practically 30fps (quality mode in miles).
Without ray tracing runs at nearly 4k but a locked 60fps (performance mode in miles).

I'll also take a locked 60fps any day but the quality mode and reflections in buildings look unreal. The video DDouble posted shows the differences well.
They look insane I’ll play with ray tracing on when I’m just messing around casually not if I’m trying to complete anything serious.

30fps is the biggest problem with days gone at the moment. What the hell were they thinking making a game with hoards of enemies chasing you at the same time only 30fps

30fps is the biggest problem with days gone at the moment. What the hell were they thinking making a game with hoards of enemies chasing you at the same time only 30fps

Never played it at launch since it was so close to TLOU2 but I'll probably try it out since they recently patched it to run at 60 on the ps5.

Dynamic 4k at 60fps it is. Can’t believe some of ya trying to still play at 30fps when giving the chance.

For some people immersion is more important and I get that.
Also some are more sensitive to dips in framerate than higher framerate so they will be happy with a locked 30 than fluctuating between 40 and 50.

I most definitely will be getting a feel for both modes when the game comes out and if both are really good then it's a case of 2 playthroughs :lol:

Same with the Spiderverse suit. That runs at like 12fps but just because I love the animation style, Imma mess it with it and see how it goes.

It's cool that there are patches but I get the business case for remasters also.

For games like 'Days Gone' or 'Death Stranding' which were not that great to begin with, there's no business case to release a remaster - the patch might actually move the physical PS4 copies in addtion to some digital sales. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Release date also affects it because Bloodborne came out in 2015 so there was no mandate for a PS4 pro version at the time and by the Pro's release FromSoftware had probably moved on to Dark Souls 3.

Bloodborne is a perfect candidate for a remaster. 1080p/30 to 4K/60 would fly off the shelves and Sony know it :lol:

Hardware limitations. You have to remember the weak CPU in the PS4. It was the only option at the time and would not have been capable of that game in 60.
Another reason to be excited for next gen is because we now have desktop class CPU's in the consoles. Lower clocked yes but not generations apart like on the PS4.

Here's some more screens of Miles Morales Fidelity(4k/30/ray tracing) vs Performance (dynamic4k/60/no RT) modes for comparison

fidelity1.png

fidelity2.png

fidelity3.png

fidelity4.png

performance1.png

perofrmance2.png

Back
Top Bottom