The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Oh you got one!

so what is the situation with Canada (pricing, availability, etc.)
Nightmare. :lol:

We had close to a record snow storm here on the weekend, so that will 100% delay shipments. I called Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Super Store, and EB Games and asked how they could justify their September pre-orders delivering later than the day-of, in store pick-ups that needed to be ordered online on the release date. They all said, "Sorry, but just how it is".

So theoretically, Jim could wake up on the 12th, jump on Walmart.ca, catch a PS5 for pick-up, and head over to Walmart to get it. Meanwhile the system I preordered in September is set to deliver November 16th. EB Games and Shoppers I couldnt get a preorder, while Superstore confirmed my order back to me, but then said it was a "glitch" and that it sold out before mine was processed.

All told, for the disc-based PS5 plus an additional controller (because Walmart ONLY offered bundles for preorder), I will pay $755 CAD, or roughly $580 USD for the honor of getting my system almost a week late. Almost no digital PS5's were made available anywhere in western Canada to my knowledge. Maybe Calgary, maybe Vancouver.

As I said, I am not too worried. I'll be playing old games on it until probably December anyway. But the mismanagement by so many parties and the lack of customer service by all involved was a little jarring.

Nightmare. :lol:

We had close to a record snow storm here on the weekend, so that will 100% delay shipments. I called Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Super Store, and EB Games and asked how they could justify their September pre-orders delivering later than the day-of, in store pick-ups that needed to be ordered online on the release date. They all said, "Sorry, but just how it is".

So theoretically, Jim could wake up on the 12th, jump on Walmart.ca, catch a PS5 for pick-up, and head over to Walmart to get it. Meanwhile the system I preordered in September is set to deliver November 16th. EB Games and Shoppers I couldnt get a preorder, while Superstore confirmed my order back to me, but then said it was a "glitch" and that it sold out before mine was processed.

All told, for the disc-based PS5 plus an additional controller (because Walmart ONLY offered bundles for preorder), I will pay $755 CAD, or roughly $580 USD for the honor of getting my system almost a week late. Almost no digital PS5's were made available anywhere in western Canada to my knowledge. Maybe Calgary, maybe Vancouver.

As I said, I am not too worried. I'll be playing old games on it until probably December anyway. But the mismanagement by so many parties and the lack of customer service by all involved was a little jarring.

I believe that the Jim scenario is what the stores want because Jim may feel inclined to purchase something else from the store.

Amazon playing games I hope they don’t send out those delay emails tomorrow like they did for the Xbox. Talking about between launch and December 31.

Keep in mind that 2K vid is in 720p unless you go to YouTube and adjust the quality .

at least it was that way for me

Target.png

Finally got my Target red debit card and the $40 coupon and put my buy 2 get 1 free order in.

Will probably end up returning Godfall for something else later.

COD Black Ops: Cold War and Assasins Creed Valhalla pre orders are sold out on target.com. Good luck to anyone trying to get what they want in store starting this Thursday.

Last edited:
2K looks like it plays exactly the same as the current gen :lol:

Besides the colors looking more natural and not as bright as the past gen consoles, gameplay looks identical. I expected more flow in the jerseys or uniforms in general, the movements of the players look identical. They basically went with the graphics that NBA Live was putting out in the past.

Back
Top Bottom