The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Wait one cotton picking minute. ... "Us/Lupita Nyong'o" doesn't get nominated for anything, but they nominate "Harriet/Cynthia Erivo"? What type of foolishness is that?

Horror movies rarely fare well in the Oscars. That's one of the things that made the Get Out nomination :nthat:

So the academy are a bunch of old people that are scared they might wet their pants? Funny how they love these dumb *** slave movies.

The academy doesn't watch or even acknowledge horror movies like that unless they're tricked in to it.
Get Out was nominated for 4 oscars. It's not like Us/Jordan Peele isn't on their radar, horror or not.

I do think Lupita got snubbed though.

Yea Ton hanks was def the supporting guy.
movie was about a journalist who does an article on him.
totally caught me off guard. Thought it was gonna be all Mr. Rogers.

Get Out was nominated for 4 oscars. It's not like Us/Jordan Peele isn't on their radar, horror or not.

I do think Lupita got snubbed though.
Jordan Peele tricked them dudes by making Get Out much more than a horror flick.

The academy eats all of that racial issues social commentary stuff up..

Lupita got snubbed but the problem was the movie wasnt as good

Best supporting actor will be the biggest thrill of the night. Pesci has it locked but Pitt in Once Upon a time in Hollywood is outrageously good. So good that Leo is gonna get Best lead actor because of it.

i want to see parasite but ill pass cuz im to lazy to read subtitles lol... i might try to watch 1917 even though im not big on war movies

Best supporting actor will be the biggest thrill of the night. Pesci has it locked but Pitt in Once Upon a time in Hollywood is outrageously good. So good that Leo is gonna get Best lead actor because of it.

Best category but Pitt has it locked, Pesci and Pacino are 2a/b

and neither deserves to be in it.

You can say Adam Sandler, but not the movie overall.
they have 10 spots and only used 9, ford vs ferrari is better than us and uncut?

show can't even find a host anymore

it's no longer relevant, only streams and box office dollars are, these shows were more meaningful in the video sales day when people would buy more physical copies of movies that fared well

I liked Uncut Gems a lot. Haven't seen NY on a street level like that in a long time. Having grown up around fiends and gambling, it rang pretty close to home too. I don't know about best picture, but it deserves some type of recognition. A lot of people complain about the invasive or panicky nature...but I thought that was the whole point. I don't think it was intended to be a popcorn have a good time at the movies type of watch. It was supposed to effectively put you directly within Howard's F'd up world. I thought they did a good job in that regard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom