The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I agree some people got snubbed like jlo and Sandler... they really did act well in their roles imo...I just feel like the academy doesn't reward those type of movies....they are selective and pick certain movies to get nominated... kinda messed up but it's expected

I liked Uncut Gems a lot. Haven't seen NY on a street level like that in a long time. Having grown up around fiends and gambling, it rang pretty close to home too. I don't know about best picture, but it deserves some type of recognition. A lot of people complain about the invasive or panicky nature...but I thought that was the whole point. I don't think it was intended to be a popcorn have a good time at the movies type of watch. It was supposed to effectively put you directly within Howard's F'd up world. I thought they did a good job in that regard.

yeah that NY street level felt right at home. Loved it.

the most ridiculous thing is Margot Robbie getting a nom for Once Upon a Time
she was barely in that movie. JLo def could've had that spot and no one would be saying she shouldn't be there

watched Parasite a few nights ago, loved it

ya man here gets whatever they're giving for best supporting actor portraying a snuff :lol:

source.gif

all i talked about :lol: :smokin ....

Need to see Parasite I guess and 1917.

My favorite was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and Pitt was great as best supporting actor. Really great... but I gotta go Joe Pesci all day on that.

she was barely in that movie. JLo def could've had that spot and no one would be saying she shouldn't be there

Yeah it weird with Margot. She's been pushed a lot since she started acting. Imo she's not that good of an actress but always gets oscar noms and stars in big movies.
I dunno who she sold her soul to but must be someone powerful with strings all over Hollywood

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous, since it was Bombshell

they have 10 spots and only used 9, ford vs ferrari is better than us and uncut?

show can't even find a host anymore

it's no longer relevant, only streams and box office dollars are, these shows were more meaningful in the video sales day when people would buy more physical copies of movies that fared well

If it's not relevant, why are you discussing it and complaining why a movie wasn't nominated?

I liked Ford vs Ferrari better. I've actually seen everything besides Little Women.

Hell, they had numerous movies like Lighthouse, Knives Out and Just Mercy that didn't get nominated

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous, since it was Bombshell
lol, I thought it was once upon a time, same difference though. She did nothing in that movie too, more lines and a bad performance in an even worse movie. She was a caricature of a girl fresh off the bus from the sticks falling into a big industry. the only thing remotely interesting in that movie is Charlize embodying Megan Kelley completely

it's the Bafta's i'm thinking about were she got nommed for Hollywood and Bombshell

lol, I thought it was once upon a time, same difference though. She did nothing in that movie too, more lines and a bad performance in an even worse movie. She was a caricature of a girl fresh off the bus from the sticks falling into a big industry. the only thing remotely interesting in that movie is Charlize embodying Megan Kelley completely

it's the Bafta's i'm thinking about were she got nommed for Hollywood and Bombshell

I didn't think the performance was bad at all.

I just don't think it was Oscar worthy. I didn't think Kathy Bates was Oscar worthy either or chick who played Harriet. [shrug]

I stopped watching movies about black oppression a few years ago and never looked back.
I didn't even know Kathy Bates was in a movie till the noms came out. Same with Laura Dern, I didn't know she was in Marriage Story. I don't even know how the movie was but I suspect the Laura Dern hype of the past couples years put her over the top.

Last edited:
If it's not relevant, why are you discussing it and complaining why a movie wasn't nominated?

I liked Ford vs Ferrari better. I've actually seen everything besides Little Women.

Hell, they had numerous movies like Lighthouse, Knives Out and Just Mercy that didn't get nominated
I really really enjoyed the light house.

Feels like the show has seriously lost touch. I made the mistake of recording the golden globes. I won't set my dvr for academy or watch any of it. Maybe it will go away in a few years.

Yeah it weird with Margot. She's been pushed a lot since she started acting. Imo she's not that good of an actress but always gets oscar noms and stars in big movies.
I dunno who she sold her soul to but must be someone powerful with strings all over Hollywood
Better than JLaw constantly getting nominated.

Can't even agree with you here, nothing was interesting about Bombshell not even Charlize as Megan.

Movie got nominated cuz of what its about not cuz of the quality. Movie wild mediocre.
I didn't think the performance was bad at all.

I just don't think it was Oscar worthy. I didn't think Kathy Bates was Oscar worthy either or chick who played Harriet. [shrug]
Think about it then though, who gets nominated for supporting actress? :lol: Older lady in Parasite, probably whoever in Little Women (didn't see it), and then?

I look at that category and I can't say any woman nominated was any better than Brie Larson in Just Mercy who didn't get nominated and its not like any of the performances were that impressive.

All kinda supports my claim its been a pretty weak year for award worthy movies and performances.
I stopped watching movies about black oppression a few years ago and never looked back.
I didn't even know Kathy Bates was in a movie till the noms came out. Same with Laura Dern, I didn't know she was in Marriage Story.
Just sounds like you didnt watch a lot of movies this year.

Back
Top Bottom