The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I stopped watching movies about black oppression a few years ago and never looked back.
I didn't even know Kathy Bates was in a movie till the noms came out. Same with Laura Dern, I didn't know she was in Marriage Story. I don't even know how the movie was but I suspect the Laura Dern hype of the past couples years put her over the top.

There was a laura dern hype?

she's was always a good actress but she definitely experienced a boom in visibility after the first season of Big Little Lies. She was almost the Academy president a few years ago too. I'll be shocked if she doesn't win it,
I didn't really see what was so great about the role in A Marriage story, she was just Laura Dern...

Little Big Lies was really good. If she was hyped at that time then probably she wasn’t even aware of it. Sometimes actors get a cluster of work released around the same time.

she's was always a good actress but she definitely experienced a boom in visibility after the first season of Big Little Lies. She was almost the Academy president a few years ago too. I'll be shocked if she doesn't win it,
I didn't really see what was so great about the role in A Marriage story, she was just Laura Dern...

Team Florence checking in

This year's Oscars is a bit too predictable for me to bother even making predictions.

Another weak year but not as weak as last years. Its just this go around there's not a lot of good competition.

Seems like Parasite, 1917, Phoenix, Pitt, Zellweger, Dern, etc. got this.

Pitt vs. Pesci is what I'm interested in. I absolutely loved Pitt's character but I would go with Pesci.

I'd also take Leo over Joaqin all day long. Joker sucked.

I honestly dont remember if I was ever this interested in the Oscars as this year.
I really like 3 movies that got a lot of noms. Joker, Parasite and Once upon a time in Hollywood
Joaquin has to win best actor, Joker should win best movie, Parasite should win best directing and best international film

Best supporting actor is gonna be the category that has all the buzz. I think Pesci deserves it hands down but Pitt in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was amazing.

Just got done watching 1917. Outstanding film. It should definitely clean up for the technical awards it's nominated for. Wouldn't be surprised if it snagged "Best Picture".

Janelle booty
997CD882-BFAD-4E6F-BEAD-D4577C30536E.gif

Back
Top Bottom