The overweight epidemic vol. Yes it is an epidemic

I was talking about the same thing this past weekend. My friends and I went to the club and there were numerous women with muffin tops and sloppy bodies. We on the other hand are in shape guys that have put in the work in the gym and our diet. However, women aren't being held accountable for their appearance. There's always some thirsty man out there that will be willing to gas her up just to get his off. It's a shame but that's messing everything up, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

we need diversity.

your opinion is irrelevant.

fat, skinny, short, tall, Big, small.

That's right.  I don't want all the women to be fat. 

i'll never forget what this one fat girl said to me a couple of years back.

"its 2008, big is IN."

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

big will never be in.

Ever.

I'm starting to like big girls...
grin.gif

I have yet to lay one, but the more I think about it the
pimp.gif
they seem. I guess you could say I just like all types of fine women, and eventually you develop a taste or at least a curiosity for what you have yet to experience. Hey, some big chicks ARE fine. Most are horribly unattractive, but a lil weight ain't $#!# to a real man IMO.. no one is perfect. "Good" is good enough for me
grin.gif
. It's only fair.... I'm aaaaaight but women ain't choosing me and Denzel Washington for the same reasons
laugh.gif
. I'm just a cool guy with good wordplay... so yeah, I smash off character too fat mama
smile.gif
. Come holla..

- Two questions for OP:

1) Are we talking black females in particular?

2) What section of Philadelphia were you in when you encountered these overweight females?

- Most of the women I've seen this year are in decent shape, but I frequent more desirable areas in the city (Manayunk, Old City, Rittenhouse Square, Midtown Village, Art Museum, University City, , Chestnut Hill, Fairmount Park, South St., etc.) so that might skew the results.  I haven't seen as many blimps as in past years, but the big girls I have seen were enormous.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Some of y'all think you are God's gift to women though ... you claim there are only "10 women" ...

How do you even know those 10 women will find YOUR %#% attractive?
laugh.gif
So out of all of this, THIS is what you decided to focus on? The more I read your posts, the more I am convinced that you are in fact the type of woman we are speaking of in this post. Not attitude wise, weight wise. If you lived in DC I would work out with you
pimp.gif
(No disrespect)
Eh fat? Nah. Didn't know this was fat.

I'm a fit young gal, so stop it.
laugh.gif

women have no excuses to have big @#$ bellies. even from a biological standpoint, thats not where females primarily store their fat, so you know they're @#$@%@ up. I wont lie, i've found SOME sliiightly chubby chicks cute before (and i mean SLIGHTLY), and none of them had beer bellies, cellulite, etc.

even as a dude (men store fat primarily in the abdominal region), its not even hard to get a flat stomach. During december I ate more pizzas than I ate throughout the entire year and got a beer belly (imagine a skinny dude with a beer belly
sick.gif
) and I worked it all off by doing cardio 3x a week for a month. I know some NTers are gonna be like "oh so youre bragging now", but come on...if you go to Europe, where majority of the people walk all the time, you'll NEVER see fat people in the streets. Even the slightest daily walk and modification of your diet can keep you in shape

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

women have no excuses to have big @#$ bellies. even from a biological standpoint, thats not where females primarily store their fat, so you know they're @#$@%@ up. I wont lie, i've found SOME sliiightly chubby chicks cute before (and i mean SLIGHTLY), and none of them had beer bellies, cellulite, etc.

even as a dude (men store fat primarily in the abdominal region), its not even hard to get a flat stomach. During december I ate more pizzas than I ate throughout the entire year and got a beer belly (imagine a skinny dude with a beer belly
sick.gif
) and I worked it all off by doing cardio 3x a week for a month. I know some NTers are gonna be like "oh so youre bragging now", but come on...if you go to Europe, where majority of the people walk all the time, you'll NEVER see fat people in the streets. Even the slightest daily walk and modification of your diet can keep you in shape
laugh.gif
Well, if you go to Ethiopia I doubt you'll see many overweight people either, but has nothing to do with obesity in America.  It's kind of simple minded to assume "Hey, if I can do it anybody can."  Maybe young children don't have a structure based on healthy whole foods and they depend on convenience.  A lot of Americans work longer hours than Europeans so they don't have as much time to prepare meals.  It's not that simple.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

sick.gif
laugh.gif
Well, if you go to Ethiopia I doubt you'll see many overweight people either, but has nothing to do with obesity in America.  It's kind of simple minded to assume "Hey, if I can do it anybody can."  Maybe young children don't have a structure based on healthy whole foods and they depend on convenience.  A lot of Americans work longer hours than Europeans so they don't have as much time to prepare meals.  It's not that simple.
of course, diet plays a huge role. Thats why i mentioned it with the daily walk suggestion. The convenience of fast foods isnt that much of an excuse. If you go to Mcdonalds, you can get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo.  subway, a footlong club with honey mustard. I could go on. As a college student I rely on fast food alot of the time but you can cut down the amount of fat and sugars in your food just by looking up the nutrition values of the food being offered

I mean for example if you like chips and sodas like I do, you can switch to baked chips (which have about 1/6th of the total fat of regular chips) and diet drinks. It's not perfect but even these small switches help alot

sick.gif
laugh.gif
of course, diet plays a huge role. Thats why i mentioned it with the daily walk suggestion. The convenience of fast foods isnt that much of an excuse. If you go to Mcdonalds, you can get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo.  subway, a footlong club with honey mustard. I could go on. As a college student I rely on fast food alot of the time but you can cut down the amount of fat and sugars in your food just by looking up the nutrition values of the food being offered

I mean for example if you like chips and sodas like I do, you can switch to baked chips (which have about 1/6th of the total fat of regular chips) and diet drinks. It's not perfect but even these small switches help alot

most people skinny or fat couldn't read a nutrition chart if their life depended on it...

i'm all for schools cutting out soda machines or at least being held responsible for what they serve to children...if they aren't gonna get it at home they could at least get some nutritional education at school...

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, thats all good and well for an adult, but like Myt said, even they don't understand calorie intake and nutritional values of the food the consume.  So what do you expect for 5 to 13 year olds, where the majority of the rise in obesity cases are being reported?  People don't wake up one day obese and overweight, it's a process.  

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

sick.gif
laugh.gif

most people skinny or fat couldn't read a nutrition chart if their life depended on it...

i'm all for schools cutting out soda machines or at least being held responsible for what they serve to children...if they aren't gonna get it at home they could at least get some nutritional education at school...
I agree. They started cutting out soda machines when I was in high school (i went to a private high school so it didnt apply to us
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
), and back then I thought it was going too far. But seeing how out of shape and fat kids are these days cause of the lack of education on nutrition is just embarassing. What happened to their parents? When we were kids, our parents had strict rules on how much soda we could drink a day, and getting a McDonalds Happy Meal used to be a reward for getting a good grade on a spelling test or something. Nowadays it seems like parents dont give a @#$%
tired.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, thats all good and well for an adult, but like Myt said, even they don't understand calorie intake and nutritional values of the food the consume.  So what do you expect for 5 to 13 year olds, where the majority of the rise in obesity cases are being reported?  People don't wake up one day obese and overweight, it's a process.  
agreed, I was just speaking about people our age becoming obese. I don't put any of the blame on obese children, 100% of the blame goes to their parents
mad.gif

Originally Posted by methedy23

- Two questions for OP:

1) Are we talking black females in particular?

2) What section of Philadelphia were you in when you encountered these overweight females?

- Most of the women I've seen this year are in decent shape, but I frequent more desirable areas in the city (Manayunk, Old City, Rittenhouse Square, Midtown Village, Art Museum, University City, , Chestnut Hill, Fairmount Park, South St., etc.) so that might skew the results.  I haven't seen as many blimps as in past years, but the big girls I have seen were enormous.
1.  It's definitely a bigger problem among Black women, that's why I asked whether we were partly to blame because of our emphasis on Mass.

2.  I see them everywhere.  Most of them are huge.  Yea, you see less blimps in the nicer areas but I still see them. 

cguy610 wrote:1.  It's definitely a bigger problem among Black women, that's why I asked whether we were partly to blame because of our emphasis on Mass.

Black and Latina women tend to eat more unhealthy foods (although their food>>>>>"white people food") which results in larger overweight populations

Back
Top Bottom