The pair that started my obssesion !

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

My fam was broke back in the day and I remembered a lotta kids rocked these in grade school..I wanted them BAD. Moms wasnt havin it lol Got some reeboks on clearance or somethin instead.

But as I got older, got a job, started getting whatever.

It was the penny II for me also.  the Commercials with lil penny made me want a pair in 6th grade and once i got them it was my favorite shoe ever

My fam was broke back in the day and I remembered a lotta kids rocked these in grade school..I wanted them BAD. Moms wasnt havin it lol Got some reeboks on clearance or somethin instead.

It was the penny II for me also.  the Commercials with lil penny made me want a pair in 6th grade and once i got them it was my favorite shoe ever

white/red 12 and 13's for me when I was in 4th grade.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DirtyDan86

These for me too. Neighbor had them way back when but I never got them until '08.

Originally Posted by DirtyDan86

These for me too. Neighbor had them way back when but I never got them until '08.

I have some family pics of me wearing fire red 3s and blk/slv 5s from back in the day...

But what really really had me preserving my shoes and stacking boxes and actually giving a f***, were the Royal Penny Foam 1s.

The fact that they were so damn expensive I had to have em. No question. My gear was not even tight... But my shoes were always fresh since then.
I used to get props from old heads which led a kid to have a huge ego and it just became a lifestyle.

Game ain't the same for sure but man..... I still hold those memories.

I have some family pics of me wearing fire red 3s and blk/slv 5s from back in the day...

But what really really had me preserving my shoes and stacking boxes and actually giving a f***, were the Royal Penny Foam 1s.

The fact that they were so damn expensive I had to have em. No question. My gear was not even tight... But my shoes were always fresh since then.
I used to get props from old heads which led a kid to have a huge ego and it just became a lifestyle.

5th grade, watchin Jordan rock the VI infared's vs Magic. Had to have 'em.

5th grade, watchin Jordan rock the VI infared's vs Magic. Had to have 'em.

I bought the fab five barkleys in 92 but i didn't get started till 95 on the air penny 1 orlando. That will be my all time fav just because for me it's better than most jordan shoes, and it started my collecting craze.

I bought the fab five barkleys in 92 but i didn't get started till 95 on the air penny 1 orlando. That will be my all time fav just because for me it's better than most jordan shoes, and it started my collecting craze.

Hmmm.. I think the Reebok Pumps were the first shoe I ever longed for.  Then it was the Jordan VII back in 1992.  I never got either pair because my parents would never think about spending $100 on a pair of shoes for me.  The first ones I ever wanted and got were a pair of suede Ewings back in 4th grade. 

Thank goodness for whoever came up with the idea of retro'ing shoes because now that I am working on my own I can go back and buy all the ones I never had.  Oh and thanks to Ebay too.

Hmmm.. I think the Reebok Pumps were the first shoe I ever longed for.  Then it was the Jordan VII back in 1992.  I never got either pair because my parents would never think about spending $100 on a pair of shoes for me.  The first ones I ever wanted and got were a pair of suede Ewings back in 4th grade. 

Thank goodness for whoever came up with the idea of retro'ing shoes because now that I am working on my own I can go back and buy all the ones I never had.  Oh and thanks to Ebay too.

It all started with a pair of Red/Whit !2's back in kindergarten in the suburbs of Maryland. And my first real pair as a paying adult copper foamposite one. I carry that shoe like my first child

It all started with a pair of Red/Whit !2's back in kindergarten in the suburbs of Maryland. And my first real pair as a paying adult copper foamposite one. I carry that shoe like my first child

My obsession started with the royal foams. I will never forget when they dropped and one of my friends in middle school had them walking down the hall way. I mean they literally broke my neck. I looked @ them with such love. Back then i couldnt afford 180 dollar shoe
frown.gif
. I ended up copping the 07 which are still ds .

Fast forward to 10th grade in hs.

The gold fight posite ones dropped. I was in the mall with my parents and i begged moms to buy them for me. She saw the price tag and was like
grin.gif
.  I continued to beg so she put them on lay away. 20 days later i was rocking my flights. I remember holding them in my room just staring at how beautiful they were
embarassed.gif

Tragedy struck:
I was walking to a friends house and stepped on glass
sick.gif
!

The glass cut underneath my shoe. I was so pissed but said f**k it and still wore my flights. Needless to say they started to flap
tired.gif

I send them back to nike and they send me back the jordan xv
sick.gif

Talk about being pissed , hurt and just plain un happy.

I cried that day and from then on i swore i would get my flight again
smile.gif

Recently won a pair on ebay.

I told the guy the story and he had to sell them to me . Very nice seller
happy.gif

BTW he wasnt a reseller so he felt my nostalga.

Back
Top Bottom