The pair that started my obssesion !

Originally Posted by vanitysim

Me this one
smile.gif

Nike Air Max 2 CB 94

nike-air-max-2-cb-94-610x441.jpg

Is there anywhere I can get this shoe right now in a 10 or 10.5.... Need them ASAP

Originally Posted by Griff

For me it was definitely the black Nike Air Zoom Turf aka Barry Sanders sig shoe back in '96. It was the first shoe I actually had to hunt for and it felt like I'd struck gold when I finally had them in my possession. That feeling plus all the attention I got when I rocked em to school the next day sealed the deal for me.

Got these in the 5th grade, and I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I had to get the Black/Silver ones though cuz I was a Raider fan.  PROBLEM is, I had to kiss a few frogs before I met my prince...or princess in my case.  Growing up, I was only allowed 1 pair per year, so the decision on which shoe to purchase was huge and gut wrenching.

I can go back to the 3rd grade for my obsession of shoes.  I had older cousins who had Deion Sanders and Pennys, so my choices were pretty limited at the time.  In chronological order, from when I was 8 till I was 10, was the first time I got into the game of sneakers.

3rd grade:

4th Grade battle:
          VS.          

I went with...

Yes..I know.

5th Grade:

I was on and off 6th grade to 10th, because I didn't have a job, and my feet transitioned into Mens sizes at that time.  (My parents weren't crazy about buying me 150 dollar shoes back in those days, I don't blame them either.)  Now that I'm 24, my feet have stopped growing, and I've been able to catch up on all the kicks that I've wanted
smile.gif

Awesome post btw, I like reading different people of different ages.  I laughed so hard at the guy who bought Retro XIV's in an outlet in the 8th grade...because I was in the 8th grade when the ORIGINAL 14's came out...makes me feel old lol.

Originally Posted by Griff

For me it was definitely the black Nike Air Zoom Turf aka Barry Sanders sig shoe back in '96. It was the first shoe I actually had to hunt for and it felt like I'd struck gold when I finally had them in my possession. That feeling plus all the attention I got when I rocked em to school the next day sealed the deal for me.

Got these in the 5th grade, and I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I had to get the Black/Silver ones though cuz I was a Raider fan.  PROBLEM is, I had to kiss a few frogs before I met my prince...or princess in my case.  Growing up, I was only allowed 1 pair per year, so the decision on which shoe to purchase was huge and gut wrenching.

I can go back to the 3rd grade for my obsession of shoes.  I had older cousins who had Deion Sanders and Pennys, so my choices were pretty limited at the time.  In chronological order, from when I was 8 till I was 10, was the first time I got into the game of sneakers.

3rd grade:

4th Grade battle:
          VS.          

I went with...

Yes..I know.

5th Grade:

I was on and off 6th grade to 10th, because I didn't have a job, and my feet transitioned into Mens sizes at that time.  (My parents weren't crazy about buying me 150 dollar shoes back in those days, I don't blame them either.)  Now that I'm 24, my feet have stopped growing, and I've been able to catch up on all the kicks that I've wanted
smile.gif

Awesome post btw, I like reading different people of different ages.  I laughed so hard at the guy who bought Retro XIV's in an outlet in the 8th grade...because I was in the 8th grade when the ORIGINAL 14's came out...makes me feel old lol.

Although I've always loved kicks, the pair that really got me into collecting and the limited sneaker game was a pair of red and gold canvas Vandals (wish I still had 'em). I bought them from Livestock and I remember being so stoked on the whole vibe of the shop and the people working. Owe those dudes a lot for getting me into the game/making me poor!

Pretty sure they were these, would never wear them now, haha:

Nike%20Vandal%20High%20Canvas%20red%20yellow%20308852%20671_a-500x500.jpg

Although I've always loved kicks, the pair that really got me into collecting and the limited sneaker game was a pair of red and gold canvas Vandals (wish I still had 'em). I bought them from Livestock and I remember being so stoked on the whole vibe of the shop and the people working. Owe those dudes a lot for getting me into the game/making me poor!

Pretty sure they were these, would never wear them now, haha:

Nike%20Vandal%20High%20Canvas%20red%20yellow%20308852%20671_a-500x500.jpg

Originally Posted by chrischen

I bought them from Livestockhttp://www.deadstock.ca :
Dude, enough of this already. Ive seen at least 4 post from you the past day that mention you getting your kicks from Livestock. We get it- you work for them or own them. But you aren't fooling anyone by 'casually mentioning' them in your posts.

To stay on topic, Jordan black/red 7s did it for me back in the day. As crappy as the re-release was in the 2 pack, it did get me back into buying sneakers.

Originally Posted by chrischen

I bought them from Livestockhttp://www.deadstock.ca :
Dude, enough of this already. Ive seen at least 4 post from you the past day that mention you getting your kicks from Livestock. We get it- you work for them or own them. But you aren't fooling anyone by 'casually mentioning' them in your posts.

To stay on topic, Jordan black/red 7s did it for me back in the day. As crappy as the re-release was in the 2 pack, it did get me back into buying sneakers.

This is what started my love for sneakers in general. Just a smooth, clean colorway when I was in preschool size 11C (I'm only 12).

But for some strange reason, this is the sneaker that made me want to start collecting (Started in 3rd grade with a size 1.5Y, now a size 9:

This is what started my love for sneakers in general. Just a smooth, clean colorway when I was in preschool size 11C (I'm only 12).

But for some strange reason, this is the sneaker that made me want to start collecting (Started in 3rd grade with a size 1.5Y, now a size 9:

Back
Top Bottom