****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

i'm watching fox philly on my slingbox....they started a mini fire in the streets
roll.gif

2008 phillies * rainout champs deserve an astrisk

relax phillie fans im just joking with you about the astrisk part, your team won and deserved to win.

while its obvious i don't like the phillies, the guys on that team deserved to win and it was good seeing guys like moyer, lidge, rollins, howard, utley,and charlie manuel win. cole hammels is a beast and if you guys make it back to the playoffs next year, you guys have a pitcher that can shut other teams downwhen it counts.

with all that being said, i can't wait for the 2009 season.

Congrats Phil fans... got nothing against the Phillies.. if it were eagles or Flyers it'd be another story.

im hardly a baseball fan, but just the excitement in philly is amazing and made me get down
at temple when they got to the WS, my whole street was shut down, that was however nothing compared to the march to center city
me and my boys went outside and just ended up walkin down, center city was wild, people were uprooting trees and starting bonfires and climbing lamp posts andtaking down the phllies flags ahah
someone however fell thru a bus stop from a balcony like, 2nd or third story, it was wild, i guess he was ok tho
amazing experience, and the phils arent even my team, i hope the knicks can do this in my lifetime

Congrats to the Phillies and all of their true fans.
smokin.gif

However I almost feel bad for you guys because of the circumstances surrounding how this World Series ended. And as an unbiased fan (Angels fan), I think youguys had a number of calls in the World Series go your way that were pretty big.

But none of that will change the record books, which will show that you guys are the champions of the 2008 MLB season.
smokin.gif

Just got back home from hanging around Broad and Walnut. I was at a bar on South Street when they won the game. My group just walked to Broad and it wasmayhem. The official parade is this Friday and I already took the day off. GO PHILLIES

I gotta hit up modells and buy some of the Championship gear. It's a wrap for the stuff I wore today.

^The whole city is going nuts...I was on Frankford Ave and it's just so lovely...

PS...Ska stop...there were questionable calls for both sides...

Came back home and my neighbors are still outside yelling and screaming. Everyone is still honking their car horns. I LOVE IT

my fam are gonna attend the parade
pimp.gif
i'm debating whether or not toskip class and head up to philly for a weekend
smokin.gif

Kayway8:
Ska stop...there were questionable calls for both sides...
Not as major as the calls for the Phillies. The opinions of Rays fans, Phillies fans, Rays haters, and Phillies haters don't count.

I'm none of those 4 things.

And nearly everyone else who is not one of those things agree that both teams got questionable calls (happens in every game, in every sport),, but during theWorld Series, nearly all of the big time calls that went the wrong way benefited the Phillies.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kayway8:
Ska stop...there were questionable calls for both sides...
Not as major as the calls for the Phillies. The opinions of Rays fans, Phillies fans, Rays haters, and Phillies haters don't count.

I'm none of those 4 things.

And nearly everyone else who is not one of those things agree that both teams got questionable calls (happens in every game, in every sport),, but during the World Series, nearly all of the big time calls that went the wrong way benefited the Phillies.

I will admit I was rooting for the Rays just b/c of their story and I liked their style of play.. and i was pretty casual with following thisseries.. but i specifically remember 2 or 3 big calls during games 1 and 2 which went the Rays way. So I'm not sure it was as one-sided as you'remaking it.

But it doesn't matter - don't spoil this for Phils fans by nagging... i remember when you people tried to ruin my steelers SB victory a few years backwith nonsense like this. The better team won then and now, as they almost always do when it counts.

Back
Top Bottom