The Real Meaning of Christmas Vol. Hark!!!

king lincey

Banned
This is my first Christmas on NT, and I have a couple of things I want to say to you guys:

All of ya'll know that Christmas is a few days away. This year is my favorite time of year, and it boggles my mind how so many people forget the realmeaning of this joyous holiday. Besides all of the gift-giving, last-minute shopping, and tree decorating, do you guys know the REAL meaning of Christmas?

JESUS CHRIST (don't mind me putting HIS name in all caps. I always do this to show HIM the utmost respect.) came to the earth through the virgin Mary toprovide a way for sinful humanity to regain fellowship with the MOST HIGH. This was the day that HE was born in a manger, with three wise men looking on atthat beautiful star hovering above Bethlehem over 2000 years ago. That fateful day is the reason we have so many songs singing HIS praises. This is the day that the RULER OF THE UNIVERSE came to the earth as a human being, and the first day of 33 long years all dedicated tosaving us.

When you sit around all of your Christmas trees, or whatever it is you're doing on that day, remember what I said above. Be cheerful, be thankful, andmost of all, love one another. Appreciate everything you have, and don't complain about the things you don't have. I guarantee there's millionsof people 6 ft. under who wish they still had the chance.

I'm praying for you all, and I wish you the best throughout the holidays.

If I don't say it to you in the coming days, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2mr8etc.jpg

8b4pac9.gif

pimp.gif

^^I never get tired of that movie. I just watched it the other day...did you know that whatever network this first aired on wanted to take this segment out?

Can someone explain to me the belief that Jesus wasn't born on christmas and it is sometime in Jan or Feb?
I think Orthodox Russians belief that or something...

^^ I know what you're talking about, but you know about as much as I. I don't care about the date, as long as people get the message.
pimp.gif

Can someone explain to me the belief that Jesus wasn't born on christmas and it is sometime in Jan or Feb?
I think Orthodox Russians belief that or something...

Yeah, it's common knowledge that he wasn't born on December 25th - it's just the date that has been taken on to celebrate his birth.

Some denominations have other ideas and do it at a different time.

i thought the origin of christmas stemmed from the roman holiday Saturnalia which involved a village indulging small groups of men and women in homosexual andheterosexual sex and gluttony and sacrificing them to rid the area of evil.

i thought the origin of christmas stemmed from the roman holiday Saturnalia which involved a village indulging small groups of men and women in homosexual and heterosexual sex and gluttony and sacrificing them to rid the area of evil.

I was waiting for one of these posts - the Christmas is actually a pagan festival...

Maybe the 25th of December was - but that's not the origin of Christmas. It doesn't matter if people hundreds of years ago used another convenientholiday to celebrate what they wanted to.

^^ Right. A lot of those pagan festivals and rituals stemmed from Christmas. Rumor has it (or history) that these pagan practices are what'sresponsible for decorating trees, Santa Claus, and other things that are common to America.

Besides all of that, I just hope this thread doesn't turn into a "debate about where Christmas came from" thread. With that said, I'm nothating on what you said at all, KampoutKid. I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas without some of the immature NTers flaming and trolling for once.

Merry Christmas again, guys.

pimp.gif

Maybe the 25th of December was - but that's not the origin of Christmas. It doesn't matter if people hundreds of years ago used another convenient holiday to celebrate what they wanted to.
whatever helps you sleep better at night... Christmas has it roots in pegan rituals...
and your a dam fool to ignore facts...

The Russian Orthodox Church still celebrates their holy days according to the Julian Calendar and not the Gregorian. It makes their Christmas fall on Jaunary7th. And Christmas was really just used as a thrown in holiday on the same day as a big paegan festival so that more people would join the religion and theycould still go wild around the end of December.

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Maybe the 25th of December was - but that's not the origin of Christmas. It doesn't matter if people hundreds of years ago used another convenient holiday to celebrate what they wanted to.
whatever helps you sleep better at night... Christmas has it roots in pegan rituals...
and your a dam fool to ignore facts...

Come on man, can't people just say Merry Christmas and keep it movin?

Originally Posted by kdwallace

i thought the origin of christmas stemmed from the roman holiday Saturnalia which involved a village indulging small groups of men and women in homosexual and heterosexual sex and gluttony and sacrificing them to rid the area of evil.

I was waiting for one of these posts - the Christmas is actually a pagan festival...

the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Saturnalia is one of the more likely origins of christmas although it hasn't been fullyproven. this was later followed by the overfeeding of jews for the pope watch them run naked through the city while. i'm a catholic by the way

edit-merry christmas
happy.gif

I guess not...
smh.gif

I already know this thread is about to FAIL miserably. (To self) What the heck was I thinking posting this on NT? (To self)

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

the coca cola corporation i responsible for the creation of "Santa Claus" as we know him today as an obese elderly caucasian male in a red andwhite suit for use as a marketing device in the early 1900's

Back
Top Bottom