The Real World: DC

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Originally Posted by Im Not You

They wont be going out in Georgetown, Im sure with the trash that will be on the show...they will hangout where the trash of this city goes to hangout. Adams Mo, U Street, H Street, 14th Street. Bars in G-Town wont let them film inside of there or bring that kind of nonsense into the bar.

And the new housewives? Who knows, anyone who gets on any of these shows will bring all kinds of unneeded attention to there families and most likely spouses business. With that said, I would expect some new money trash from Potomac MD, Great Falls VA or Bethesda MD to be on it.
You might as well say what you really wanna say
What? Oh you're insinuating that I am a racist...hmmm what do I really want to say....ok, ill go ahead and be blunt...

I hate stupid hipster trendy trash that frequents areas like U Street, Adams Morgan and H Street. People act stuck up more so then people in Georgetown, yet they live at home with there parents and wait to see what the latest indie band or newest trend is going to be or how tight of pants they should get before they go to Cafe St. EX or Black Cat.

Want examples? Go to:

brightestyoungthings.com

there ya go.

Stop the intolerance of hipster hate!
laugh.gif

What? Oh you're insinuating that I am a racist...hmmm what do I really want to say....ok, ill go ahead and be blunt...

I hate stupid hipster trendy trash that frequents areas like U Street, Adams Morgan and H Street. People act stuck up more so then people in Georgetown, yet they live at home with there parents and wait to see what the latest indie band or newest trend is going to be or how tight of pants they should get before they go to Cafe St. EX or Black Cat.

Want examples? Go to:

brightestyoungthings.com

there ya go.
I must co-sign.

But the city has changed drastically since the 80s/90s.

It is what it is.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

They JUST started a Real World DC Thread in the General Forum....

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

AIDS edition?
smh.gif

These bammas...
that was me...
damn i was late..... smh.... i slept on this thread big time

Originally Posted by Savonne

I bet they will be at LOVE an IBIZA every weekend..But its a good look for DC to finally see this happen..Next BET will bring College Hill to Howard..
roll.gif

before...i would say not even...but now that swygert is gone ho knows. im still gonna vote no tho.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

They JUST started a Real World DC Thread in the General Forum....

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

AIDS edition?
smh.gif

These bammas...

They always takes shots @ DC and Bmore.....
smh.gif

85% of them #+%$#$ is ({}) IMO

Exactly, DC is at the center of everyone's attention, people always want to pass DC over as an actual City and more of a place where people work. I havebeen all over the country and I cant think of a better place to live.

I know I wouldn't trade this urea in for ANY other place WITHIN the US...

Until I retire in St Martin..

Lots O pink toes visit there year round.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by B Fresco

They wont be going out in Georgetown, Im sure with the trash that will be on the show...they will hangout where the trash of this city goes to hangout. Adams Mo, U Street, H Street, 14th Street. Bars in G-Town wont let them film inside of there or bring that kind of nonsense into the bar.
Ok, Mr. "Cooler-than-the-average-NT'er"..

Where do cool guys like you to go hang out, since all of your aforementioned spots are "TRASH"(and by extension the folks that frequent these areas must by "trashy")?

I'm just curious, so I can avoid having to run into YOU, LOL!
Dont worry where I go, you wouldnt be able to get in anyways....

And Rhino may, but Rhino isnt the end all to be all in Georgetown, its a sub-par Georgetown Bar.

And Modern is awful and a disgrace to Georgetown and I dont know anybody who goes there aside from dudes with gell in there head and aggressively stripped polo's

I swear....
smh.gif

Please do tell the name of this exclusive spot....

Is white pointy hats apart of the dress code?
No, actually not acting and looking like a douche bag and having a job that actually means something or being one of the power players in DC. Some of the more powerfull African Americans in the under 30 DC scene are staples there.

Varisoxfan, are you a D.C. power player? Where do you work? Please me kind, I actually want to know.

varisox fan...wonder where you been hanging out. we dont see you in S&T anymore. pretty sure many in S&T know where you work.

Sort of shocked there is no topic about this, filming starts in 2 weeks and the house is apparently in Dupont Circle...(New Hampshire) from what I have read...

grossness.

roll.gif

its on the wrong channel then...

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Sort of shocked there is no topic about this, filming starts in 2 weeks and the house is apparently in Dupont Circle...(New Hampshire) from what I have read...

grossness.

roll.gif

its on the wrong channel then...

lmfao
cant wait to ruin someones night on national tv!!! lol

housewives will probably have a bunch of white women who live in georgetown and are married to millionaire business owners, maybe they might have some *******sor wizards wives. some of these dudes are gonna go broke if they dont control their wives spending habits. and real world fell off 5 or 6 years ago, they willprobably just hang out at gay clubs in dupont circle, tour museums and intern at an office building.

[h1]D.C.'s World Is About to Start Getting Real[/h1]

"The Real World" begins filming in Washington this week, which means the new cast of twenty-somethings will soon be invading our streets and nightspots with their drama and camera crews. For plenty of people hoping to make a token appearance on the show, this means a shot at 15 seconds of fame. But not everyone -- say, the next generation of politicos -- is going to want the spectacle that comes with this particular show. If you're captured drinking and partying in the background of a shoot, you know that footage could show up again someday when you least want it.

Any place MTV is filming will have to post a sign outside, so you'll always know before you enter a club what to expect. But I wanted to know: would there be any place that would outright ban cameras from coming in? I checked with some people who run bars and clubs near the "Real World" house to find out how they'll be handling the MTV blitz.

Currently in the Keep-Out Camp (At Least When the Bar Is Open)

Black Cat
"It's not really our thing, so no," says owner Dante Ferrando. "We're not really an MTV-style club. We don't even let people take pictures of people they don't know inside the club. I'm not crazy about a lot of release forms, and it doesn't fit with what we do. It could be good PR and draw people to certain types of places. But whenever film crews come in, it's a pain. People come here to hang out and have a drink or see a concert, not be bothered by film crews."

Wonderland Ballroom
Owner Matt McGovern was on the fence when I called him. "Honestly, I watch almost no TV at all," he admitted. "I don't know if I'd let them film here." So he put my question to a vote of the patrons present, shouting "Should we let 'The Real World' film in here?" Audible groans and murmurs of dissent could be heard on my end. "I guess the answer's no," he said. "We almost run the bar like a democracy, and certain things have to be put to a vote." He paused for a minute. "If they want to come when we're closed, like a film shoot, then I wouldn't object. It's probably all staged anyway."

The D.C. Bar Scene Will Be Televised

Cobalt
"We're in no way going to promote invading anyone's privacy, especially in this scene," says general manager Mark Rutstein. When there are photographers in the predominantly gay bar, whether they're working for Cobalt or shooting for the Scene page of Metro Weekly, they are required to approach everyone and get permission before taking a snapshot. Rutstein, who has experience working on reality series like "Get It Sold," doesn't think his customers would stay away if MTV posted notices at the door. "Maybe 10 percent wouldn't want" to come in if there were cameras, he speculates.

Cafe Saint-Ex and Bar Pilar
Owner Mike Benson says he understands there are people who won't want to be filmed, "but there are people who are, 'Oh, look, a camera. Let's go see what it is." Saint-Ex is already packed on weekends, with lines out the door, and if MTV showed up, they'd be welcomed in as long as there was room, he says. It's not just the cast members who come in, Benson points out -- it's the lighting and the camera crews and the handlers who try to keep the public from interfering with the production. "That's the concern -- people feeling like they're being hassled at the bar." At the same time, he adds, "for posterity, it would be cool to TiVo an episode and say, 'Hey, look, that's our bar!'"

Russia House
The "Real World" house sits at 20th and S streets NW, so this is one of the closest places to get a drink. The richly appointed four-level bar and restaurant is known for having the largest selection of vodkas in the city and for attracting regulars like Washington Capitals stars Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin and Sergei Fedorov. Owner Aaron McGovern said that he'd "absolutely" welcome the cast to come in.

Gazuza and Chi-Cha
If the cast decided to swing by these popular lounges, "of course" they'd be welcome, says Jessica Gibson, communications director for the bars' parent company, Latin Concepts. Does she think that customers would mind the commotion? "I think that 100 people would tweet that 'The Real World' is shooting at Chi-Cha and 500 people would show up in five minutes." Fair enough.

Town
Management at the city's largest and best gay dance club "used to be really concerned about filming and privacy," says owner Ed Bailey, "but now everyone who walks through the door has a camera in their pocket." He thinks his crowds will see both sides: there are "people who would be turned off by it, but it's a situation that I think a lot of people would like to be a part of," he says.

Shadow Room
"I'd definitely allow it," says Swaptak Das, who owns this upscale Foggy Bottom lounge where you can order drinks from your iPhone. "In my industry, it's all about vanity." People want to be on TV, he explains, and besides, "I think my business could be helped" by the exposure.

-- Fritz

Back
Top Bottom