The RETRO Gaming Thread!

giphy.gif

A neo geo would be dope. I don't wanna know what they go for though smh
They are worth a few hundred to say the least. I remember I knew one guy who had one, I couldn't put the controller down. He said he would give it to me when he outgrew it, lies. It was a side scrolling fighting game along the lines of Golden Axe.

A neo geo would be dope. I don't wanna know what they go for though smh

The hardware isn't priced too steep but it's the games that are ridiculously overpriced for what they are. You'd have to be a 'collectard' with significant disposable income or a SNK purist to justify dropping coin on them.

What are some good Neo Geo games?

The system was known primarily for its fighting games (Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown) which were identical to their arcade counterparts. There were a few shoot-em-ups and the side scrolling platform/shooter Metal Slug was popular.

The system was known primarily for its fighting games (Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown) which were identical to their arcade counterparts. There were a few shoot-em-ups and the side scrolling platform/shooter Metal Slug was popular.
These have ported to PSN as well

Favorite 16-bit JRPG? Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Beyond Oasis, Final Fantasy II and III, A Link to the Past, Phantasy Star III and IV,
Breath of Fire, Lufia II, Shining Force II... That's a tough one.

Neutopia on the TG16 (if you count that as 16 bit)

It's like playing what Zelda II should have been like imo
Awesome game!!!

Back
Top Bottom