The RETRO Gaming Thread!

image.png
Amazon prices

have no idea

never seen it before :ohwell:

they go for $20+ used on ebay & that model gets 3.5/5 stars on amazon

...as you can see :lol:

is the original Wii considered retro yet? So my old college roommate (the 1st time I went to school) spent his financial aid on lavish laptops, tv monitors, and other expensive electronics. Anyways he was like the 1st person to own a wii and Zelda.

I was a broke boi at the time so I never got one, but I peeped him playing Zelda and it looked fire. Life got in the way, and I stopped gaming all together, so I never played myself. Then Xbox happened and call of duty and anyways I never actually owned a wii.

long story short: bought a Wii the other day for $30 at a pawn shop. Copped Twilight Princess for $15 from game stop. This game is legit :lol:

check the actual reviews tho! 8)

its only 3.5 cause one person gave it a 1/5 only because it was out of stock after they ordered

its more like a 4.5/5 without that

but like i said, i've never seen it before
Maybe I go have street fighter for ps2..I have too much **** lol

bought a projector for the bedroom

dog it's a must have

played turtles the arcade game on an 100" plus image

cold blooded

Has anyone greased up their dreamcast ?..when I originally had a dreamcast I remember it being loud, the one I currently own is no different

Also this might sound like a dumb *** question but what causes scratches on discs? I feel like my dreamcast is gonna scratch all my discs with how loud it is lol I remember my original sonic adventure being scratched but I don’t remember what caused them

Also read about burned discs wear the laser outs, also read dreamcast games can’t be resurfaced ?

My marvel vs capcom 2 shows plenty wear still plays all game modes but I’d like to not add anymore small scratches to it. Cause I only paid 18$ and would love to keep it in playable condition for the future

Has anyone greased up their dreamcast ?..when I originally had a dreamcast I remember it being loud, the one I currently own is no different

Also this might sound like a dumb *** question but what causes scratches on discs? I feel like my dreamcast is gonna scratch all my discs with how loud it is lol I remember my original sonic adventure being scratched but I don’t remember what caused them

Also read about burned discs wear the laser outs, also read dreamcast games can’t be resurfaced ?

My marvel vs capcom 2 shows plenty wear still plays all game modes but I’d like to not add anymore small scratches to it. Cause I only paid 18$ and would love to keep it in playable condition for the future

it's loud cause the fan it uses is loud

you'd have to switch the fan to a quiet one

as far as discs being scratched I'd say it's from vibration or moving the system around while playing which also goes back to vibration

I've have disc games from when they first came out and all my games are without scratches, when people see it they think I don't play em

also how you store the discs when not in use and how you put it in the case

it's loud cause the fan it uses is loud

you'd have to switch the fan to a quiet one

as far as discs being scratched I'd say it's from vibration or moving the system around while playing which also goes back to vibration

I've have disc games from when they first came out and all my games are without scratches, when people see it they think I don't play em

also how you store the discs when not in use and how you put it in the case

the gears is what’s loud as I’ve cleaned the fan of all dust I do hear it but it’s not bothersome while the system turns on loads the discs makes all this noise I seen a video about greasing the gears wondering if anyone has ever done it and got a smoother working dreamcast

Most of my dreamcast games are in great condition but I want to keep it that way since dreamcast imo is hard to find games for and pricey

To join in on the wrestling game talk man I remember wcw vs nwo and coming home to my ps1 ended up buying wwf attitude thinking it would be fun....WRONG I was completely disappointed lmao

Games disc maintenance is like shoe keep you gotta clean em. A sure fire tested way and cheap is to clean them with toothpaste. No lie. I'd go with the old school classic white paste colgate and apply with a microfiber cloth, rinse and dry. it'll help remove light scratches and keep it polished.

Back
Top Bottom