The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Acme-All-Stars-Sega-Genesis.jpg

^ never played it but if i was a bit younger i probably would have played it a lot
graphics look cool
wile e coyote with the fresh kicks :lol:

8F053EB2-0D50-433D-9789-3292862744D1.jpeg

Spent my Saturday night attempting to refurbish a nes for the first time also disabled the 10 nes chip, hope it works!

The Nintendo entertainment logo will come off with a soapy wipe haha found out the hard way

Yeah it’s pretty relaxing, did you reuse the original 72 pin or just replace it with a new one ?

Definitely has a calming effect, haha.

I ended up reusing the og 72 pin connector for all of mine. My friend got an aftermarket pin connector from eBay and I can't see a difference in performance. Both work fine and on the first try when the games are clean.

Ended up with no more blinking red light but an all white screen, I guess I’ll try and bend the pins tomorrow I just cleaned it credit card method and toothbrush with alcohol and got whatever debris out or maybe the nes is done? At best I got a green screen haha Now i remember the nes struggle, it was probably the only reason I got a sega genesis because my nes didn’t work all the time back in the day

Try to bend the pins back in place but also be sure the games are clean too. I usually use metal polish to get them looking and performing new.

Yeah. I'm pretty bummed they let a third party make that. SEGA doesn't want to make hardware anymore. |l

Agreed on this but they've been whoring out the Genesis/Mega Drive since the late 90s. Another thing regarding the crummy audio is that SEGA themselves made it worse with some variations of the Model 1 and officially worse with the Model 2. The third parties likely give no damns about the audio and use the models with the incorrect audio as a reference point.

for those asking for a mini Sega Genesis, I found these at Frys.....
picked one up but haven't even opened it.
i just though it looked dope as hell.
better than the other one posted.

dont know how to add pics but heres the link:

https://www.frys.com/product/9256349?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Those mini Genesis mentioned earlier in the thread were actually a joke, fam. They are real, but my suggestion for them was actually a joke.

In truth, they are trash........we have all tried them (and I never even owned a mini Genesis) AND they are pure trash. You may as well return it now and get your money back while you still can

Minus whale get an og genesis.

Agreed 1000%. Get an OG Genesis with the cables below (when they're back in stock) and you're better off than that AT Games trash. Genesis games are quite cheap in comparison to SNES games so it's quite affordable to build up a game library.

http://www.hdretrovision.com/genesis/

SEGA needs to revoke AT Game's license and spend a little money on a half decent OFFICIAL product.

Back
Top Bottom