The RETRO Gaming Thread!

you should get one of those retro gaming systems, they're cheaper and easier to find than the OG systems

i got my buddy one for a gift exchange last year, it played NES and SNES games. cost about $70

Got a link? And are they as reliable in terms of long-term usage?

Got a link? And are they as reliable in terms of long-term usage?

i just saw one on ebay for $30 before shipping. in regards to the reliablity, i cant really say. im sure its more reliable than the OG systems since its newer. cant really go wrong with that price though. im thinking grabbing one for myself now.

I got all my consoles late in their lifespan when I was a kid. I got the NES when the SNES and Genesis were out. Didn't matter though. I got to play video games and was appreciative of everything I was able to get.

I got all my consoles late in their lifespan when I was a kid. I got the NES when the SNES and Genesis were out. Didn't matter though. I got to play video games and was appreciative of everything I was able to get.
Same. My mom got me a SNES when the PS1 was already out.
mean.gif

I think the original nes system is not out of reach. I've seen them go for $60 with a few games. The culprit of the blinking light is usually just changing the 72 pin connector which is very easy to swapt. Secondly, the games need to be taken apart and cleaned. You'll never have to blow air in them ever again. In fact, blowing air can corrode
the contact pins due to the moisture from our breathe.

If you still want to get newer hardware then I suggest the Nes clone Gamerz Tek ($16 + free shipping) on Ebay. It's the best so far since it has the best compatibility and plays all the Nes games. He also sells the SNES version as well for cheap.

As for me, I've been playing my games on an old school crt TV that I found in the street! That sucker is a 36inch and 164 pounds. Seriously :lol: Nothing beats playing these old systems on OG tv sets.

Man I remember tagging along when my mom would go to the supermarket JUST so I could play that Simpsons arcade :lol:

The problem with old cartridge games is that when the internal battery goes you lose your save files. Happened with GoldenEye.
mean.gif

By the way, if you love retro games, you NEED to get Super Mario Maker. Was just playing the 100 Mario challenge at a friend's house and it is amazing fun.

The Simpsons, X-Men, and TMNT I always use to hit up at Chucky Cheese

Last edited:

Same. My mom got me a SNES when the PS1 was already out.
mean.gif
Me and my boy were deciding whether to get PS1 or Sega Saturn for that Christmas around which time both came out. He went with the Saturn because it came with three free games
laugh.gif

Would I need to buy a converter if I bought any of these old systems? I saw some videos on Youtube and it seems I have to drop money to ensure a decent resolution.

Have any of you guys copped an RGB modded SNES mini and a framemeister?  It seems really costly, but kind of worth it you really want to get into retro gaming. 

Back
Top Bottom