The RETRO Gaming Thread!

tumblr_p6a9tup6iE1s3uawvo1_400.gif

Hornets were unstoppable in this game. Glenn Rice, Bobby Phils, and Dell Curry literally could not miss from 3-Point range.

I don’t like how they use to always do this with us. They always try to guide us to “the Black game” because back in the day we couldn’t like the fantasy or anime games. After the man already said “I liked the Zelda game a lot!” “Did you try NCAA?”

Maybe I’m over reading it. I did experience this when my brother went to pick up Rival Schools back in the day. The EB Games clerk straight said “We got the new Wu Tang game,” to his face. I hate the “blacks only play sports games” stigma. The “Oh he a Madden N***a” syndrome when they see me(us).

EDIT - Apologies on the first part, I didn’t see Jazzy Jeff’s comments when I read it on another publication. I still stand by the second part of my statement though. I’m sure we’ve all experienced that.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO Wouldn't have paid a cent more for any of those joints but worth it if you got them in mint condition.

Yeah man, $1 was the most I’d spend. I cared more for the posters inside and the clean game cases. Probably swap out the cover art for my better games.

Found most of those Genesis/MD racing games aged poorly. Exceptions being the top down or iso multiplayer games like Micro Machines and Rock & Roll Racing.

Found most of those Genesis/MD racing games aged poorly. Exceptions being the top down or iso multiplayer games like Micro Machines and Rock & Roll Racing.

Agreed. They didn’t age well at all, lol. Oddly enough, these are the only racing games I own for the system as it was never my type of game. I loved Road Rash but that was a little different with the fighting element. My favorite were fighting games and Basketball games.

If you can score the Micro Machines games as well as a somewhat obscure European game called Street Racer you'll have a blast playing multiplayer with your nephews.

Loved Road Rash 2 & 3 to death. Fired up Road Rash 3 split screen with my brother last year and we were struggling to understand how we enjoyed playing the game. It was damn slideshow in split screen mode, must've been running at 10FPS. :smh::smh::smh:

If you can score the Micro Machines games as well as a somewhat obscure European game called Street Racer you'll have a blast playing multiplayer with your nephews.

Loved Road Rash 2 & 3 to death. Fired up Road Rash 3 split screen with my brother last year and we were struggling to understand how we enjoyed playing the game. It was damn slideshow in split screen mode, must've been running at 10FPS. :smh::smh::smh:

Will keep an eye out for those titles. I do have Micro Machines but for the NES. Man, the split screen of any game was tough to do. Need those young eyes and lightning fast reflexes! Brutal :lol:

fave Genesis games for me were Altered Beast, Sonic 2, and the 1st Mortal Kombat. Couldnt believe I knew how to do the fatalities first time my cousin let me borrow his system.
Good titles. I had to rent those many times over back in the day.

Some of the better Genesis games imo...
flashback.png
Never played Flashback but I remember seeing this poster pinned up at my local mom & pop rental store. They never had it for rent though.

Definitely getting the mini for future use. Just in case my back up og Genesis consoles crap out on me. They’re super old now so gotta think ahead.

Not I.
When I got rid of all my original systems & games - I promised myself that I'd never buy a retro/mini system...or repurchase the originals...
which hasn't been a problem for me...yet...

Emulators only? Or you don’t care to play those games anymore?

I’ll get a mini, I’m hoping to get one at a $60 sale over the $80 retail...but if it’s received well I doubt there’s a sale

Back
Top Bottom