The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Yea, I saw some at my local GameStop going for $40 but I don't feel it's worth it with such a small screen.

I get that the gameboy screen was small but it was a different te then :lol:
It has an HDMI out :wink:. Not sure how quality is though.

1604636670575.png

I see that walmart sells the neo geo mini with 2 controllers for $100. Then I see that there's a US version and an International version.

Last edited:
TURBO UNO TURBO UNO

I was looking into a Neo Geo and read that it is the best console for fighting games.

Then I saw the prices :smh:

Maybe one day they release a Neo Geo mini. Would not bother at all with that small arcade cabinet they released.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee You can grab either of these items, although the Arcade Stick Pro is the far better of the two:

Amazon product ASIN B07D1KN661
Amazon product ASIN B07XR9V88V
If you're willing to get your hands dirty and don't mind tweaking with electronics, the MiSTer FPGA is the best alternative:

Best YT channel that talks about the history of consoles has to be Top Hat Gaming man.

Some consoles I have never heard of.

There are consoles that he discusses that only cam our in either europe or asia.

With the old school Pokémon card craziness going on I checked out offer up in my area and came across all these for $100. All the cartridges are damn near mint, have all inserts,maps, etc for each and there’s a box protector on each. Plus all the saves work on the cartridges. Not sure if I paid more then I should but the nostalgia feels def hit me😂 cool to have Green since it was the first and was only released In Japan since there was a bunch of bugs and the sprites were all different !
D0876A75-7FCD-48EE-A5AA-F7D5A6E1CB3D.jpeg

IMO Dreamcast is the "king", but Saturn is cool

+1

i cant think of a better console for fighting games than the dreamcast...i bought an aes a few years ago but i rarely play it...but i never really got into kof or fatal fury as a kid...i enjoyed street fighter and tekken over the snk fighters

I was more so thinking about the Non-Vs series of Capcom games that weren't even released on DC.

Alpha Series
DarkStalkers

Especially.

I hated the Dreamcast's controller for FIghting Games though.

But Dreamcast has Super Turbo, Darkstalkers, and Alpha 3 :lol: The first two released only in Japan but yeah.

Weirdly enough the controller wasn't too bad for me at the time. I was able to do some nice MVC2 combos with it but looking back now it wasn't that great.

Attachments

• 1605038783602.png
    1605038783602.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1605038819764.png
    1605038819764.png
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • 1605038864965.png
    1605038864965.png
    814.8 KB · Views: 8
...uhhh...i hated console controllers since street fighter 2 on the snes...i rarely used the buttons on the top of the controller...

fightsticks made console fighters super fun...ive got my eye out for a good deal on the agetek dreamcast fightstick...but i was using this PS360+ setup with Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu buttons before i got my arcade setups...gonna fire up the dreamcast tonight!

20201110_123123.jpg
20201110_122921.jpg

Back
Top Bottom