The RETRO Gaming Thread!

My cousin had a Sega Saturn. He's probably the only person I knew that had one. 
laugh.gif

The Saturn had some pretty good 2D games for it though.

A few people had the Saturn.

I think I remember playing Virtua Fighter on that system. I really enjoyed that game...kind of prototype for Tekken imo.

Last edited:
Yea Comix zone was a fun but hard game. Still remember playing this all night with a buddy on the Sega Channel. Who remembers that?

Been collecting way too much gaming related stuff lately...

I got Persona 5 early and it's a nice NEW RPG that makes me love and appreciate the old Revelations: Persona and SMT games much more. Fans of Japan should dig it.

Yea Comix zone was a fun but hard game. Still remember playing this all night with a buddy on the Sega Channel. Who remembers that?
Loved the Sega Channel. Way ahead of its time man. Was introduced to some solid games thanks to the Sega Channel.

Dinos for Hire
Comix Zone
California Games
Mutant League Hockey/Football
VectorMan

Last edited:
general chaos
road rash
skitchin

sega channel was ill

I was really that dude in the streets with the games lol

I miss the days when SF and MK at the arcades was LIT..I wouldn't dare play anyone there lol

I used to only play fighting games at arcades against people I knew. Those random people that come up when you're running solo can be savages. Not fun when they got a nearly full bar and you just lost every round with an audience behind you. :lol: :rofl:

Running The Simpsons or X-Men with a group was always a blast though.

Last edited:
I miss the days when SF and MK at the arcades was LIT..I wouldn't dare play anyone there lol

I remember one time I beat like four five computer opponents in Tekken and then some guy comes along and beat me handidly lol. I was not happy.. Do miss the days of arcades being big. SF2 was what started it all for me.

I remember seeing Street Fighter II at every laundromat, bodega, pizza place and bowling alley. 
laugh.gif

I was washing people at an arcade in NYC's Chinatown when SFIV first came out. Then some dude looking like Lei from Tekken 3 beats me and goes right back to chilling. My friends were convinced he was an employee there and part of his job is to prevent long streaks :lol:

I'll never forget way back in the day when older kids at the arcade were mad nice to the really young me. Hooking it up with quarters and just being friendly in general. Da older mid-90s teenage yambs being nice too :pimp:

Last edited:
Try to buy it. I was close to buying an arcade machine once. Couldn't find anyway to get it delivered though

super mario RPG ultimately ruined my life.

if i woulda never played that, i prolly wouldn't even go hard on video games lol

super mario RPG ultimately ruined my life.

if i woulda never played that, i prolly wouldn't even go hard on video games lol
I've still never played that. Paper Mario was kind of its spiritual successor right? I loved that game.

Back
Top Bottom