The RETRO Gaming Thread!

How much? I just got Metroid Prime on GC (without case) on eBay for $25. I think it’s going for $40 with. I bet Double Dash & Windwaker are up there too
They were $5.99 each but the lady only charged me for 3 games! 🔥🔥🔥

Not sure what the resale value is but I know for sure they’re good titles for the GameCube.

Last edited:
I was at the right place and the right time. Copped without hesitation.
B8EAD8A8-CB0B-4EF4-AB7A-3DC13F6E540B.jpeg

Also copped but not pictured was a complete mint copy of Lollipop Chainsaw for the PS3

Best of all the lady at the register didn’t charge me for all the games, just a few.
Lotta classics right there family :pimp:

I remember seeing this but unable to play since my neighborhood childhood buddies wouldn't lend me their controllers for a substantial period. even the freaking E.T. game. I might have only been able to play a total of 5 minutes per visit to their house. what a bummer.

I remember seeing this but unable to play since my neighborhood childhood buddies wouldn't lend me their controllers for a substantial period. even the freaking E.T. game. I might have only been able to play a total of 5 minutes per visit to their house. what a bummer.
That sucks but I can totally see parents being overprotective of their (at the time) expensive Atari system. My pops never let me take my NES controller out the house to play with my next door neighbor. He had the set that came packed with only one controller and we wanted to play Double Dribble, lol.

I was too young when I got my first shot at video games, the Atari 2600. My babysitter was a teen and he let me play Spider-Man. Didn’t understand how to play so he busted out a Famicom with Super Mario Bros. I faired slightly better, lol.

That sucks but I can totally see parents being overprotective of their (at the time) expensive Atari system. My pops never let me take my NES controller out the house to play with my next door neighbor. He had the set that came packed with only one controller and we wanted to play Double Dribble, lol.

I was too young when I got my first shot at video games, the Atari 2600. My babysitter was a teen and he let me play Spider-Man. Didn’t understand how to play so he busted out a Famicom with Super Mario Bros. I faired slightly better, lol.
I hated those NES controllers back in the day. the wear down so fast. double dribble was fun during the day and it was my main go-to game aside from jackal, operation wolf and road fighter. I always get distracted by superman in road fighter and I always crash. :rofl:

when the Snes first came out, saw NBA Jam and fell in love with it. too bad my folks couldn't buy the console and game for me. it was the NES for me til circa 2000. I mainly game on the PC since I loved RTS games.

I hated those NES controllers back in the day. the wear down so fast. double dribble was fun during the day and it was my main go-to game aside from jackal, operation wolf and road fighter. I always get distracted by superman in road fighter and I always crash. :rofl:

when the Snes first came out, saw NBA Jam and fell in love with it. too bad my folks couldn't buy the console and game for me. it was the NES for me til circa 2000. I mainly game on the PC since I loved RTS games.
They really did wear down fast, lol. I blame all the button mashing games of that day like Track & Field :lol:

That’s cool though, I wish I had kept using my NES in my late teens but kept with current consoles of the time. PC sounded like fun but too rich for me. Didn’t get a PC until 2001.

They really did wear down fast, lol. I blame all the button mashing games of that day like Track & Field :lol:

That’s cool though, I wish I had kept using my NES in my late teens but kept with current consoles of the time. PC sounded like fun but too rich for me. Didn’t get a PC until 2001.
Don't sweat it. PC gaming didn't really start maturing til the 2000s. The ips back then were really limited and there was biased with regards to pc gaming. That was when counter strike came out that it changed the pc gaming landscape. Of course, we had starcraft and command and conquer. But then again, they were rts specific games.

Man, all of those take me back especially Double Dribble and Operation Wolf :pimp: . Got me wanting to get back into playing emulators.

this is/was the best NES controller:
1179px-NES-MAX-Controller-FL.jpg

Man, all of those take me back especially Double Dribble and Operation Wolf :pimp: . Got me wanting to get back into playing emulators.
Operation Wolf was 🔥🔥🔥 too! Set the gun sight to the fastest setting and just let your hand/eye coordination take over. It’s soooo much fun.

speaking of shooting games, remember duck hunt and that gun accessory? that was fun back in the day. :rofl:
I do! How could we ever forget? That was super cool for it’s time. I also liked the disc shooting since it was a bit more challenging.

That controller was absolutely clutch for Track & Field 1 -2. Especially the hammer throw event and the need to swirl the D-pad in circle motions. It would hurt like hell doing it on a regular control pad :lol:

Back
Top Bottom