The Satanic Panic is Back?

Does "satanic" imagery in media concern you?

• Total voters
I’ve seen these clips too, I’m just not buying it as anything more than the people behind the scenes pulling strings to create an illusion of evil and a devil, to help continue the “fear” of so called devil. It’s just another control system.

In your opinion, what would be the purpose of continuing the fear of the so called devil? People at the top, pulling strings behind the scenes? What motivation would they have to create this narrative? I could see if we were talking about christians and their leadership, but these people are not christians.

I think alot of times when your average person thinks about god and the devil they have this myopic view of a man in the sky vs. a man with horns and a pitchfork underground which is ridiculous and obviously a fantasy so people reject any notion of the devil. Its understandable because thats the narrative the church has pushed for centuries and the casual observer knows no different. That narrative though was always symbolism and allegory and was never meant to be interpreted literally but thats a different conversation.

But to the point, do you realize there are millions of devil worshippers on this earth? Like, very bad people who commit the most heinous crimes imaginable? Many of the popular serial killers participate in and display the same imagery being talked about here. Torture, rape, murder, cult activity being done in the name of evil or its symbolic representation in the devil. These things happen and are documented fact. Are these people all lying/mistrpresenting or trying to create/continue fear of the devil for some unknown larger purpose? If its all a facade isnt that just as big of a conspiracy as actual devil worshippers acting out and pushing their own beliefs? I mean who's behind this coordinated false narrative and for what purpose? And if evil is being commited in the name of the devil does it even matter if its an accurate depiction of their belief system or a false narrative created to foster fear of an imaginary being?

Oh there's no doubt in my mind that there are occult/devil worshipping higher ups in Hollywood, and i do believe certain imagery is used to represent that, with that said i also don't think every single person with a hit show or record has sold their soul to the devil :lol:

At this point it just be interesting little coincidences i see in media that i notice & go about my day.

In your opinion, what would be the purpose of continuing the fear of the so called devil? People at the top, pulling strings behind the scenes? What motivation would they have to create this narrative? I could see if we were talking about christians and their leadership, but these people are not christians.

I think alot of times when your average person thinks about god and the devil they have this myopic view of a man in the sky vs. a man with horns and a pitchfork underground which is ridiculous and obviously a fantasy so people reject any notion of the devil. Its understandable because thats the narrative the church has pushed for centuries and the casual observer knows no different. That narrative though was always symbolism and allegory and was never meant to be interpreted literally but thats a different conversation.

But to the point, do you realize there are millions of devil worshippers on this earth? Like, very bad people who commit the most heinous crimes imaginable? Many of the popular serial killers participate in and display the same imagery being talked about here. Torture, rape, murder, cult activity being done in the name of evil or its symbolic representation in the devil. These things happen and are documented fact. Are these people all lying/mistrpresenting or trying to create/continue fear of the devil for some unknown larger purpose? If its all a facade isnt that just as big of a conspiracy as actual devil worshippers acting out and pushing their own beliefs? I mean who's behind this coordinated false narrative and for what purpose? And if evil is being commited in the name of the devil does it even matter if its an accurate depiction of their belief system or a false narrative created to foster fear of an imaginary being?

I can respond more in depth after work.

But we clearly know fear is a tactic to control people, what greater fear tactic than keeping an image of a big scary red being that makes you burn in fire for eternity? How do the higher ups keep controlling people through religion if they don’t keep the image/idea of the devil alive through entertainment/media/etc?

Whether folks watching from the sidelines think it is real isn't the point.

The point is individuals compromise thier integrity for fame/fortune often.

I still can’t believe rappers are still signing record deals in the 21st century. How many times do you have to hear its a rip off?

I still can’t believe rappers are still signing record deals in the 21st century. How many times do you have to hear its a rip off?

You seriously don't understand why someone would sign on with an established brand/company vs. Fighting it out as an independent artist?
Regardless of the risks involved, I think it is a no-brainer why people still do it.

You seriously don't understand why someone would sign on with an established brand/company vs. Fighting it out as an independent artist?
Regardless of the risks involved, I think it is a no-brainer why people still do it.
this is huge

support and resources arent easy to come by and a lot of ppl ont have the DIY drive

this is huge

support and resources arent easy to come by and a lot of ppl ont have the DIY drive
But they lose Every. Single. Time. They hustle they people into making them think they need the label. They’re not even going to approach you if they think they can’t get anything from you. Why not invest in yourself and take all the earnings. From what I understand, Youtuber are signing 360 deals with YouTube. Like lovehateself lovehateself said, they don’t have the drive and think success is just going to fall in their lap one. Really and truly, with the internet, theres no reason why a bunch of old white dudes are still dictating hip hop.

And what do a higher % of independent artists do in the long run?

I am simply saying it is clearly obvious WHY they do it. You know/understand why.

And what do a higher % of independent artists do in the long run?

I am simply saying it is clearly obvious WHY they do it. You know/understand why.
Actually successful independent artists? Start their own label and sign their homies to make sure they get paid fairly. Look at Drake, the further he got away from major record labels, the bigger he got. **** I didn’t even hear about him until he started OVO.

In comparison there is a smaller % OF Indy artists that "make it." Which is shy people still sign to major labels in 2023. Again, it is simple math.

I don't even know how this is even up for discussion.

Actually successful independent artists? Start their own label and sign their homies to make sure they get paid fairly. Look at Drake, the further he got away from major record labels, the bigger he got. **** I didn’t even hear about him until he started OVO.
you dont member ymcmb and them dudes. thats where him and nicki minaj came from

drake is kind of an outlier, and hes also been around for 10+ years

drake tried to get The Weeknd on OVO but he bet on himself and eventually went his own route via Republic/ Universal too.

you dont member ymcmb and them dudes. thats where him and nicki minaj came from

drake is kind of an outlier, and hes also been around for 10+ years

drake tried to get The Weeknd on OVO but he bet on himself and eventually went his own route via Republic/ Universal too.

What about J Cole and Kendrick? What about Tyler the Creator ?

EXACTLY! Matter of fact, The Weeknd did exactly what I just said. I will say, I only feel like you can pull the independent thing off with rap/hip-hop. R&B/Pop, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I mean , regardless of the number of “devil worshippers,” I don’t see how the everyday humans who follow that stuff are any different from any other cult out there. Also, how about an analyzation of how these people were raised? What belief
systems were instilled into them as kids and how did that affect their mental development, belief structure, etc.

There are a lot of “Satanist’s” who don’t even believe in a literal devil/Satan, it’s more of pointing out hypocrisy In organized religion.

Your mention of serial killers, again, is it mental illness or is there actually a dark force driving them? I’m gonna go with mental illness.

My belief is more or less that every thing is made up. Hell I’m Ancient Greek mythology, they created the Gods to explain the elements amongst other things. And throughout centuries, belief systems have changed and evolved. Theirs always going to be a power structure and people at the top and people at the bottom. Does it even really matter what the “people at the top” believe as far as being Christian’s or any other belief system if they are able to work together to push certain ideas/images to the masses? Look how much the right wing tries to use religion to manipulate and control their base.

Nobody really knows the truth behind creation or existence. But there are a lot of people who pretend like they do.

5cfc47f2-Statesville_church_sign_stirs_controvers_0_3434368_ver1.0.jpg

Context

The symbolic "Resolution to Protect Constitutional Freedom" aims to "preserve freedom and constitutional rights" while highlighting specific amendments and articles in the United States Constitution and the Michigan Constitution.

The vote finally came late into the night, after five hours of public comment, with the Ottawa County Board of Commissioners passing the resolution by a vote of 9-1.

OVO.... a subsidiary of Warner Music Group, distributed by Republic Records.... a label owned by Universal Music Group

Back
Top Bottom