The State of Black America & The Coronavirus

This is also a thing. I posted this the other day. This could be happening more than we know

This means if I go to the hospital uninsured for a sprained ankle right now it's gonna be due to covid so they can quickly bill and close file.

This means if I go to the hospital uninsured for a sprained ankle right now it's gonna be due to covid so they can quickly bill and close file.
I mean o don’t think they’ll be THAT blatant with it. Maybe if you came in and said you had a fever, or even a cold of some sort

Reactions: wr
Harlem is in Manhattan, and anything past 100 in general is a different vibe :lol:. How's the effects rates in lower Manhattan particularly LES? May u post the map?
Screenshot_20200409-232236_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yup, as expected. LES is surrounded by all those gentrifiers that more likely brought da rona back from there oversea escapado's & where able to recieve the resources needed to get better and prevent the spreading in their own region while leaving terrible after effects for the underclass. It is absolutely disgusting that this isn't surprising.

Harlem is in Manhattan, and anything past 100 in general is a different vibe :lol:. How's the effects rates in lower Manhattan particularly LES? May u post the map?

not sure of the numbers since their not correct in the LES from what I saw on the map of the 5 boros

but their are a number of projects in the area where I live I can see and hear Ambulances all night long especially by public housing
plus lot of older people in my area that don’t live in public housing

minorities are getting hit the hardest because of the conditions of the buildings they live in and a lot can’t work from home and work in service industries were are most exposed

The sad thing is in nyc the poor don’t have the money or the means for world wide travel and they’re getting the brunt of the cases

because of gentrification people that don’t live in New York City might not understand this
but there could be a million condo across the street from Public housing and the people in the condos have the means to travel and also have the luxury to work from home

this unfortunately is a case Of the chickens coming home to roost

I shared this before and so did another Niketalker before my ban that I’m hoping to get reinstated in the coronavirus thread

this is a video of public housing in the Bronx but it could be an example of public housing anywhere in nyc

Last edited:
Yup, as expected. LES is surrounded by all those gentrifiers that more likely brought da rona back from there oversea escapado's & where able to recieve the resources needed to get better and prevent the spreading in their own region while leaving terrible after effects for the underclass. It is absolutely disgusting that this isn't surprising.

Very well said and 100% spot on

Multiple factors but it all comes down to the systemic factors that people claim don't exist. Economic factors, poor treatment, lack of funding to healthcare in those neighborhoods, fear of police brutality while wearing PPE etc. etc. A deep study should be done here that leads to sweeping changes but it wont.

Multiple factors but it all comes down to the systemic factors that people claim don't exist. Economic factors, poor treatment, lack of funding to healthcare in those neighborhoods, fear of police brutality while wearing PPE etc. etc. A deep study should be done here that leads to sweeping changes but it wont.
I’m sure studies have been done on each individual factor you listed but a comprehensive one hasn’t been done. One reason why we need more of us in higher academia so we can diagnose our own issues

I’ve read about black women dying from pregnancy related issues far too many times or black people being turned away and downplaying our issues
Serena Williams spoke eloquently on this, as she almost died after having her baby.

F**** the USA. What are the numbers in AFRICA...... Africa has a far higher population of “us” over there. And they damn sure don’t have thousands of deaths, unless their reports aren’t accurate.

And we KNOW the USA bias as far as race. I’m so tired of my people crying when we can start our own hospitals and whatnot. Stop going to them people hospitals man. Smh. Tired of the excuses

You see, there is a huge difference between the result of African countries, then what happens to Black people in the United States. Much of that has to do with outside contact. This is why I was excited at the prospect of African countries not being affected, only because just like with 9/11, America is finally getting ready to understand what the rest of the world has been dealing with, especially with an incompetent commander in chief at the helm.

F**** the USA. What are the numbers in AFRICA...... Africa has a far higher population of “us” over there. And they damn sure don’t have thousands of deaths, unless their reports aren’t accurate.
My boy in Kenya says only 200 ppl have it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom