the thread about nothing...

coworkers-lets-go-out-to-happy-hour-for-drinks-after-15160291.png

office-humor-quotes-memes.png

I get you and your wife and your kids will definitely appreciate everything you've done and sacrificed for them. I'm just saying make sure to make time and take off as needed. Like you don't want to miss out on little league games or school plays cause you were working late, yknow?

That's the thing. I work at a job where when your shift if up, you have to report to the scheduling office. If they need you they will force you to work another 8 hour shift. Being at the bottom of the seniority is tough.
Once a month they close down the plant for the weekend to clean (so that's really the only time I get to spend with the family. I make sure we have activities and fun things planned for the kids when I do have off, it's just tough mentally

I appreciate all the responses. I'm just going to hang in there and do it for the family.

Ahh damn I see. You're making the best of your situation, respect.

Edit:

Last edited:
Would you guys work your *** off to make sure your family was takin care of financially? I mean working a month straight 60 hours a week without a day off. I've usually had jobs where I'm struggling to get by, and this is the first job where I can stack money at, plus buy whatever I want. Excellent pay and crazy benefits, but sometimes I wonder if the long hours and working weekends is worth it. Sorry for the long post
I would consider it, but it comes down to what you want for your family. Sure the pay, benefits, and living a comfortable life for your family is great, but how do you feel about working long hours? I understand the mentality of providing for your family, but I think your presence at home with family is very important.

I'm sure you'll get all kinds of advice to consider all options, but it all comes down to what is best for you and your family.

Hoping that the decision you make works out for you.

Munchies got me last night
Two mega hot dogs with the lot
And a tub of Ben n Jerry's
Time for cardio tmoro lol

Last edited:
I always pass on events with my coworkers

Some of them found me on FB I was so annoyed

I changed my name and deleted them

Hoping they think I erased my FB if not idc anyways

Last edited:
You guys must have terrible coworkers :lol:

It's not even that. There are co-workers who are cool. I just don't see the point of mixing my personal life with people I see almost everyday in a work environment. People who I really don't care for.

Y'all ever "mingled" with any of your coworkers :nerd:

I went to a rooftop party with some (that came from another store to cover my store for the day) first time meeting them...2 girls and one guy..and ended up (drunk) kissing with one of the girls... later on her hubby came to pick her up :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah there is a huge age gap between my coworkers and I. So i don't have a lot in common with them. There are 2 people here that are younger and we get along and have hung out outside of work before. But my direct coworkers are a good 15 years older then me all with kids.

When I was at my first job I got along real cool with my coworkers. We would go out and function all the time.
Now my coworkers are about 10 years older than me.
A good time to them is having 2 drinks, complaining about work, and going home.
Im not about that life just yet

Y'all ever "mingled" with any of your coworkers
nerd.gif

I went to a rooftop party with some (that came from another store to cover my store for the day) first time meeting them...2 girls and one guy..and ended up (drunk) kissing with one of the girls... later on her hubby came to pick her up
laugh.gif
Sure did at my old job's holiday party. Open Bar, good food and music. Only mingled and talked to her though, since she was someone else within the company
mean.gif

Dude was the loud, obnoxious, employee that couldn't control himself after a couple of drinks.

Hey Grizzly, 

Were you Grizzly Herbert back in the day? If not, my bad.

Also, what happened to @GrizzlyHebert?

Back
Top Bottom