the thread about nothing...

Is it particularly a bad thing if I enjoy working a job that doesn't pay well or isn't stereotypically the most respectable profession?

Nope, as long as you're happy.

Family always taught me to never give any dambs what other people thought.

Well do people go to school for the money or they actually want to pursue a career in that line of work?

That's what I'm battling with as I'm in fear of growing complacent and settling for less/scraps.

Yo

Idk if it’s just a time period in my life

But i really have no interest in my usual hobbies, like idc about shoes like that anymore, when i used to be on it

Actually i dont care much for any material things cause i’m in the mindset of “when i go, i won’t be able to take it, so why spend money on it?”
I'm acting like that as well.. Its going to get called "junk" at one point..

Well do people go to school for the money or they actually want to pursue a career in that line of work?

That's what I'm battling with as I'm in fear of growing complacent and settling for less/scraps.
I think it depends on the person. What do you want to do as a career? Sure, someone can say they want to go to school to become a doctor because they make a lot of money. But is it something that person truly wants to do?

I went to school and got a degree in History because I like the topic and had aspirations to be a History teacher. But my career path has veered away from that.

Simple question, what do you want to do and what do you currently do?

Just came back from Old CIty in Philly. Met some cool people. Specifically dude who works in Oysters got some breakfast there cool guy and also met a lovely lady who was chillen on the rocky steps. Turns out she works at the bar by Reading Terminal. Told her to hmu tonight once she finds out what bar she'll be at tonight. Also mentioned I'll pass by her job tomorrow to watch the games. Let's see what happens.

Plan for the rest of the day is probably chill in the room for a bit (walked a lot) grab some cheesesteaks over at joe's on girad and then thinking about doing Garage/Frankford Hall for the night. Hopefully some ladies pop out.

Have y’all ever told a girl “i’ll drink your bath water”?

How did that work out?

There's no simple answer to the first part of the question.

Jimmy John's, entry level.
How long have you been working there? Are you working full-time or have the option to work full-time?

If you're not happy with the retail setting, you could try looking for an entry level office position to get experience?

Just came back from Old CIty in Philly. Met some cool people. Specifically dude who works in Oysters got some breakfast there cool guy and also met a lovely lady who was chillen on the rocky steps. Turns out she works at the bar by Reading Terminal. Told her to hmu tonight once she finds out what bar she'll be at tonight. Also mentioned I'll pass by her job tomorrow to watch the games. Let's see what happens.

Plan for the rest of the day is probably chill in the room for a bit (walked a lot) grab some cheesesteaks over at joe's on girad and then thinking about doing Garage/Frankford Hall for the night. Hopefully some ladies pop out.

How long have you been working there? Are you working full-time or have the option to work full-time?

If you're not happy with the retail setting, you could try looking for an entry level office position to get experience?
Close to 3 1/2 years, on and off. Pretty much kept me afloat. IDK, probably not interested anymore just given the cards I/others been dealt...unfortunately for someone like me, money would probably remedy it.

I don't know what I want anymore. Well I do, but not if it comes with a lot of "bull****" along the way.

Maybe it's time to find a new opportunity in a new field? We all have to start somewhere.

I'm sure you'll find something that you'll enjoy doing and be happy with the results.

It just takes that little push to get the ball rolling for your career.

6F820520-9810-4647-B500-9414F45BC573.gif

Back
Top Bottom