the thread about nothing...

Been having trouble sleeping for months now. Waking up at 2am, 330am and I’ll be completely awake by 5am. Still force myself to lift 4 times a week and play ball once a week, but I hate every second of it. This damn depression got the best of me - word to DeMar DeRozan |l

Been having trouble sleeping for months now. Waking up at 2am, 330am and I’ll be completely awake by 5am. Still force myself to lift 4 times a week and play ball once a week, but I hate every second of it. This damn depression got the best of me - word to DeMar DeRozan |l

Don't let it bro. The fact you doing activities is still a good thing. Keep up the fight and don't let the depression beat you down.

If you having trouble sleeping change you sleeping cycle or even where you sleep.

Last edited:

How do you know when your depressed?
Does the doctor have to say it or are you just really sad all the time?
I’ve literally always wanted to know this

Its not just being sad/crying all the time.
You know you're depressed when your sadness is crippling you from having any joy or motivation in life.
You think everything is worthless. You think you're worthless.
It's a chore to do the simplest things... even waking up, grooming/bathing, cleaning up, and eating are extreme struggles.
You isolate yourself because your depression makes you think that you're a burden to those who love you.
Sometimes you sleep too much. Sometimes you don't sleep for days.

It's truly a horrible thing to go through. But there is hope.

Depression isn't mainly about feeling "sad" but it's a state of mind when you have little or no interest in doing things of your own personal interest or doing your normal activities. Your mental "outlook on life" isn't great.

It's something you truly have to help yourself to get better mentally and physically.

Please don't let it get the best of you. You're doing great. Even though it doesn't feel good, give yourself credit for actually having the strength to lift and play basketball. That shows that you're strong enough to fight.
Think of it this way: Praise yourself for every positive thing you do, no matter how small it is. It really helped me build back a positive mindset when I was depressed many years ago.
Have you thought of maybe going to therapy or joining a support group?

I told my friend I might do it. No response, maybe he doesn't know what to say n he's uncomfortable. Maybe he never got my message. But tbh he just doesn't care and I don't blame him, nobody does

I told my friend I might do it. No response, maybe he doesn't know what to say n he's uncomfortable. Maybe he never got my message. But tbh he just doesn't care and I don't blame him, nobody does
I miss a post or something? Can't exactly tell the context, but I've got a hint and I don't like it..

Pms are open if needed b seriously

Does Fedex usually overestimate their scheduled delivery? My package is at a warehouse 1 hour away from me and tracking still says delivery next monday.

Does Fedex usually overestimate their scheduled delivery? My package is at a warehouse 1 hour away from me and tracking still says delivery next monday.
Depending on when it got there, I'd just wait for the system to update. Could deliver tommorow

I've called CS about the same situation before and they suggest waiting a day or two just in case. Then magically the package comes on the first day :lol:

Don't let it bro. The fact you doing activities is still a good thing. Keep up the fight and don't let the depression beat you down.

If you having trouble sleeping change you sleeping cycle or even where you sleep.

Please don't let it get the best of you. You're doing great. Even though it doesn't feel good, give yourself credit for actually having the strength to lift and play basketball. That shows that you're strong enough to fight.
Think of it this way: Praise yourself for every positive thing you do, no matter how small it is. It really helped me build back a positive mindset when I was depressed many years ago.
Have you thought of maybe going to therapy or joining a support group?

Thanks fams. Appreciate it. :pimp:

Haven't tried therapy yet,I guess I still hold onto that old idea that it's looked down on for a man to roll into therapy talking about his feelings (stupid, I know). But something I'm really considering.

Thanks fams. Appreciate it. :pimp:

Haven't tried therapy yet,I guess I still hold onto that old idea that it's looked down on for a man to roll into therapy talking about his feelings (stupid, I know). But something I'm really considering.
**** what society thinks. You have the right to feel the way you do.
Seeking help is a sign of strength & truly wanting to be better. The worst thing you can do is not attacking the depression in a healthy manner.
Therapy/support groups really help -- it feels amazing when you get everything off your chest. Therapists give you assignments to help motivate you be more proactive.

Back
Top Bottom