the thread about nothing...

Elaborate?

I don't know if i can explain it like i want to.
Cell phones make certain situations in movies too "easy". Like last night i watched a movie and a girl was in an interrogation room, she needed to get some info on another suspect and the files were in front of her. She distracted the detective for a few seconds and whipped out her phone and snapped a pic of it. In an ol school movie , someone would've had to hack the surveillance cameras or something. The same convenience that they provide in real life makes a movie less enjoyable. Weird, i know.

insanity.jpg

Reactions: Ube
I don't know if i can explain it like i want to.
Cell phones make certain situations in movies too "easy". Like last night i watched a movie and a girl was in an interrogation room, she needed to get some info on another suspect and the files were in front of her. She distracted the detective for a few seconds and whipped out her phone and snapped a pic of it. In an ol school movie , someone would've had to hack the surveillance cameras or something. The same convenience that they provide in real life makes a movie less enjoyable. Weird, i know.

I get that, but how often does it happen really?

Do these high fashion brands use premium materials for their clothing/shoes to justify the price or just charge these prices just to separate themselves from regular brands?

I know Gucci/LV probably do but what about brands like Off White and Yeezy Supply? Just browsing their sites and these prices are wild...guess ima broke boi lol.

Reactions: Ube
Do these high fashion brands use premium materials for their clothing/shoes to justify the price or just charge these prices just to separate themselves from regular brands?

I know Gucci/LV probably do but what about brands like Off White and Yeezy Supply? Just browsing their sites and these prices are wild...guess ima broke boi lol.

Off white stuff is made in Italy i believe , So I’m sure they do but i mean still A T-shirt is never “worth” $100+ IMO lol

Not sure about yeezy stuff

Storytime

Some of you might have heard of the Armani jacket scam or some variation of it. Usually a well-dressed man asks for directions. Then he hands you a business card with a designer brand and says he works for the brand and is here to represent them for a fashion show. You are so kind to help with directions and to show his appreciation, he shows you these leather jackets in his trunk. He offers to sell you these jackets at a discounted price rather than bring it back to his homeland. The people who fall for this scam later find out the jackets are cheap knock-offs made out of some kind of plastic or vinyl. My friend fell for this scam and told me about it.

One day I just got out of the grocery store to load my bags in my car. Right when I jumped into the driver's seat, I saw a man in the car to my right waving at me. I rolled down the window just enough to hear him. He was talking in a bogus Italian accent and held up an Armani business card saying he has these nice samples he has leftover from a fashion show that will look magnificent on me. I already knew the deal. So I declined and he drove off and didn't get too far before he was making the same pitch to another potential prey. This was why I did not stop for the woman who signaled me to come over at the grocery store yesterday.

Supposedly, this same scam has happened all around the globe. It is probably run by an organized crime org.

http://gothamist.com/2014/06/05/armani_jacket_scam.php

Last edited:

"BROKE BOI"

Storytime

Some of you might have heard of the Armani jacket scam or some variation of it. Usually a nicely dressed man asks you for directions. Then he hands you a business card with a designer brand and says he works for the brand and is here to represent them for a fashion show. You are so kind to help with directions and to show his appreciation, he shows you these leather jackets in his trunk. He offers to sell you these jackets at a discounted price rather than carry them home. The people who fall for this scam later find out the jackets are cheap knock-offs made out of some kind of plastic or vinyl. My friend fell for this scam and told me about it.

One day I just got out of the grocery store to load my bags in my car. Right when I jumped into the driver's seat, I saw a man in the car to my right waving at me. I rolled down the window just enough to hear him. He was talking in a bogus Italian accent and held up an Armani business card saying he has these nice samples he has leftover from a fashion show that will look magnificent on me. I already knew the deal. So I declined and he drove off and didn't get too far before he was making the same pitch to another potential prey. This was why I did not stop for the woman who signaled me to come over at the grocery store yesterday.

Supposedly, this same scam has happened all around the globe. It is probably ran by an organized crime org.

http://gothamist.com/2014/06/05/armani_jacket_scam.php

I remember some dude rolled up in a rented car on me trying to sell me a fake look a like Rolex. I said I'm good.

literally my childhood
and my pop wonders why i aint got no good memories with him as a kid :lol:

edit*

and my dad is a mechanic, so I experienced this **** daily smh

Same struggle. Mine promised me from 2011 - 2013 he was gonna wake me up some mornings and take me to the shop. Never did. So now i have to teach myself how to get under the hood and watch the automotive channels on YouTube that im subbed to (which ive been doing). And hit up some forums when im ready. Speaking of me and him got into it the other night... Time to move out.

Youtube is scary, it's recommending the exact song I am thinking of that is a totally different genre from the one that is currently playing. 0]

Same struggle. Mine promised me from 2011 - 2013 he was gonna wake me up some mornings and take me to the shop. Never did. So now i have to teach myself how to get under the hood and watch the automotive channels on YouTube that im subbed to (which ive been doing). And hit up some forums when im ready. Speaking of me and him got into it the other night... Time to move out.
Hope you two can work things out, but sometimes distance is needed.

Back
Top Bottom