the thread about nothing...

Gamification-Flow.jpg

chillen at the auto shop getting new tires put on the car.

09 Corolla...bought used with 17k miles on it in 2010 for $15.2K. Currently have 220k miles on it. Ride it until the wheels fall off....then buy new wheels and make it keep going!

The vinyl of this at my local record shop is 200 dollars
Saw a copy at target the other day for 20 bucks.

I think that's going to be the next hobby. Record player and vinyls. Target had some heat rock. Good Kid Madd City, All Eyez on Me, Songs in the Key of Life, Revolver, Abbey Road, etc. I was ready to blow my load.

As for original issued copies...i had a 3 crates of records on my back porch growing up (early 90's) that no one touched...pretty sure they were my father's. It had a copy of Thriller. I listened to that joint all the time. I also had a light that was part of a lamp but the fixture portion of the lamp broke...so just a light on a chord. My dumbass sat the light on the Thriller record.

That’s a very American way of thinking (that quote picture above). It’s why most Americans have no savings, are overweight, and are barely surviving. The 1% of course are circumstantially lucky (born into wealth etc) but it’s shocking how small a percentage of Americans don’t get that life is about the long game - delayed gratification. The prize is in the process like the quote says but people misinterpret that to be yolo way too often. Happy Friday NT!

That’s a very American way of thinking (that quote picture above). It’s why most Americans have no savings, are overweight, and are barely surviving. The 1% of course are circumstantially lucky (born into wealth etc) but it’s shocking how small a percentage of Americans don’t get that life is about the long game - delayed gratification. The prize is in the process like the quote says but people misinterpret that to be yolo way too often. Happy Friday NT!
That's an interesting interpretation and not what I took from it at all. That message didn't seem to promote creating happiness in indulgence. It seemed to promote appreciating the moment.

A lot of the things people spend money on end up being the irrelevant things mentioned in the post.

Back
Top Bottom