the thread about nothing...

I just think people dont feel like wearing suits or business formal wear as much anymore. Seems like professionals rather throw on a pair of air maxes then some wingtips
Definitely, that’s also why a lot of the newer places do business casual dress code. People wanna be more comfortable while they’re working

At what age do you stop caring about what others are wearing?

I am not someone who cares too much about what other people are wearing, but I can't help to notice if it is something expensive.
This.

Wouldn't say I care what anyone wears, but I do notice.

People could be walking around nude and I wouldn't care, but I will definitely make note.
Just saying the guy I saw today looked odd is all.

tenor.gif

This.

Wouldn't say I care what anyone wears, but I do notice.

People could be walking around nude and I wouldn't care, but I will definitely make note.
Just saying the guy I saw today looked odd is all.

It's just something I'm trying out personally, like, to some extent try not to make comments or express things in a way that excludes others. I chat with my nieces and nephews a lot as they have gone through elementary and now middle and high schools and the bullying and ways kids treat each other all starts from us.

We should normalize more things, care less about things that don't affect us. Everyone should feel normal as who they are. We'd get along great that way.

Speaking of pastors in sneakers, I just found this article. I don't know how to feel..

https://relevantmagazine.com/culture/what-your-pastors-sneakers-say-about-their-theology/

What Your Pastor’s Sneakers Say About Their Theology

Preachers N Sneakers Instagram account that documents the world of sneaker-head pastors and their affinity for expensive kicks.

It’s a fun feed to browse, but it leaves many important questions unaddressed, most significantly, What does my pastor’s shoes say about their theology?
AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Thankfully, we’re here to help. Here are the ways that you can determine the theological leanings of a preacher (with about 94% accuracy) based only on their choice of footwear.

Air Jordan 1s
jordanone-800x643.jpg

(Image)

Seen on everyone from Miles Morales and Michael Jordan in 1985 to Steven Furtick, these timeless favorites have barely changed since they debuted more than 30 years ago. In other words, they signal old school theology: fundamentalist-leaning teachings wrapped in an ever-so-slightly updated delivery.

Nike Air Monarch
dadshoe-800x411.jpg

(Image)

The ultimate dad shoe—perfect for cutting the grass, wearing with a polo tucked into jeans or on the foot of Matt Chandler. These are perfect for preachers favoring sensible, no-nonsense Reformed sermons.

Yeezys
yeezys-800x484.jpg

(Image)

Be on the lookout for these on the foot of the recently promoted youth pastor who might have started off with traditional theology, but has begun dabbling in Richard Rohr podcasts.

Crocs
crocs-800x578.jpg

(Image)

Heretic. Stay away.

Jesus Sandals
sandals-800x720.jpg

(Image)

Typically only seen on the feet of praise band bass players, these are also a favorite of bearded preachers who like to talk about the “cosmic Christ” and are always guessing what Enneagram number you are.

Off-White Nikes
offwhite-800x471.jpg

(Image)

Nothing says “prosperity gospel” like donning these exclusive, high-dollar streetwear staples. Name it, claim it and remember never to take that red tag off so people know they are the real thing.

Those Weird Sneaker/Dress Shoe Things
dressshoe-800x438.jpg

(Image)

Heretic, duh.

Fancy Cowboy Boots
boot-800x888.jpg

(Image)

Typically accompanying slightly bedazzled, brightly colored suits (and for the men, possibly a bolo tie of some sort), these are part of the faith-healing, tent revivalist, washed-up televangelist uniform.

Chuck Taylors
chucks-800x506.jpg

(Image)

If a preacher is wearing these, it means their theology hasn’t evolved since the early 2000s when they last went to Cornerstone and were super into Blue Like Jazz.

Gucci Shoes
guccishoes-800x502.jpg

(Image)

Theologically, these high-end kicks mean the pastor is into self-help oriented sermons about feeling good, “doing life” together, “embracing the mess” and spending your time and money on things that will ultimately make you happy — like $620 Gucci shoes.

The Church is dead.

I couldn’t imagine having to get in a fight NOW in HS.

In my day, you’d have 1, maybe a couple others at most recording it.

If you got washed, at worst, if they aren’t lazy, they’d upload it to YouTube and a ton of people at your school and maybe same city H schools would see it.

NOW though, you got everyone and their mama with phones out like it’s for the WBC heavyweight championship at MSG. And the **** is getting uploaded instantly and simultaneously within seconds in HD for potentially thousands and millions to see depending on the recorders following and how bad the washing is.

B0644FFC-E767-4A59-85AA-379468E91246.png

I can only imagine how much more wild hs/middle School would've been with these phones. I already know which people in high school would've been causing the most chaos.

I couldn’t imagine having to get in a fight NOW in HS.

In my day, you’d have 1, maybe a couple others at most recording it.

If you got washed, at worst, if they aren’t lazy, they’d upload it to YouTube and a ton of people at your school and maybe same city H schools would see it.

NOW though, you got everyone and their mama with phones out like it’s for the WBC heavyweight championship at MSG. And the **** is getting uploaded instantly and simultaneously within seconds in HD for potentially thousands and millions to see depending on the recorders following and how bad the washing is.

B0644FFC-E767-4A59-85AA-379468E91246.png

****, back in MY day, you either saw the fight or you didn't. The end.

I'm so thankful that we didnt have camera phones when I went to HS.
All of this, just knowing myself if I was in middle school or early high school now I end up getting expelled at least because I couldn't live with myself knowing theirs a recording of me getting my *** whipped. Im throwing down with everybody involved till someone leaves the country

I really dgaf if someone judges me for what I wear. I've simplified my wardrobe to chinos/jeans, pocket t's, select graphic tees, and button ups. Mixed in with Killshots, AM1s, a pair of AJ1s, and Clark DBs lol. Oh, and a forest camo Supreme Hat that I got from NT Secret Santa lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom