the thread about nothing...

I’m watching Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet, I’m wondering if they’re going to touch on....well, you know lol

So my neighbor downstairs has a boy and a girl that are probably twins...maybe 1 year apart in age. Age is any where from 7 - 9 years old. They are in a 2 bedroom, which leads to believe the brother and sister are sharing a room. For the price they are paying for that 2 bed room, they could afford a 3 bedroom in the same area.

I noticed that outside were 2 fairly feminine bikes for the kids. But I don't judge that too hard...I let my daughter pick her own bike and she picked a blue Paw Patrol bike that her mom told me not to get for her because it looks too boyish.

So...as the weather has warmed up here and the pool becomes a viable option, I've seen the boy in a 2 piece bathing suit...for girls. Now I totally get allowing your child to make their own decisions. Like I said, I let my daughter pick out a blue bike. But a 2 piece bathing suit for a 7 year old boy seems like a bridge too far. Like, you should tell him it's for girls.

U sure it's a boy
100 percent positive, confirmed by the mom.

Not my kids, not my business.
Obviously. It's not like I'm addressing it with them. But definitely one of those things that make you go hmmm...And more so a topic piece for this thread concerning where exactly would you draw the line at your kids self-expression? I'm definitely drawing that line at women's/girl's clothing. Perhaps even before then.

IMG_20190701_161301254.jpg

IMG_20190701_161646663.jpg

New Chinese food spot open up by my crib. Been in Houston for 2 years and this the best I've had since moving from NYC. Too good.

Last edited:
Reminds me of this time about a year ago, I went to the sports loungue and ran into someone I know. I sat next to him and his group of friends to watch the game. One of them had a son that was 4-5 I am guessing. The father yelled expletives whenever his team made a bad play. He mocked his son when he was struggling to scoop his food using a spoon.
:smh:

Reminds me of this time about a year ago, I went to the sports loungue and ran into someone I know. I sat next to him and his group of friends to watch the game. One of them had a son that was 4-5 I am guessing. The father yelled expletives whenever his team made a bad play. He mocked his son when he was struggling to scoop his food using a spoon.
:smh:
I try really hard not to curse around my kids, but I fail when I get upset. I'd honestly almost would rather curse in my regular convos around them than curse at them because of anger. I feel like such a P.O.S. when I do it, and I always try to do better. But sometimes, they know what buttons to press.

I guess it just gets old begging a person to eat for 4 years.

100 percent positive, confirmed by the mom.

Obviously. It's not like I'm addressing it with them. But definitely one of those things that make you go hmmm...And more so a topic piece for this thread concerning where exactly would you draw the line at your kids self-expression? I'm definitely drawing that line at women's/girl's clothing. Perhaps even before then.
If I have kids I won’t give them the option on what to wear. I mean I will if it’s their own clothes but I’m not going to give them the option to wear their opposite sex sibling’s clothes. Unless they straight up say they swing that way. Then there’s nothing else I can do. Gotta support them then.

If I have kids I won’t give them the option on what to wear. I mean I will if it’s their own clothes but I’m not going to give them the option to wear their opposite sex sibling’s clothes. Unless they straight up say they swing that way. Then there’s nothing else I can do. Gotta support them then.
Honest question here, not me being a smart ***.

Do you think a 7 year old could know if he/she "swings that way"?

Honest question here, not me being a smart ***.

Do you think a 7 year old could know if he/she "swings that way"?
I kinda do. Some people believe they’re born knowing and some believe they choose to play for the same team later on. Kids have crushes at a very young age so I do believe they know early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 6 or 7, there was a boy in my summer school class named "Leslie". I told him it is a girl's name and he wept. His older sister who was a year older, came up to me and told me I am wearing a girl's color. My shirt was yellow.

:lol:

When I was 6 or 7, there was a boy in my class named "Leslie". I told him it is a girl's name and he wept. His older sister who was a year older, came up to me and told me I am wearing a girl's color. My shirt was yellow.

:lol:
Do you remember what was your response?

Back
Top Bottom