the thread about nothing...

3c36a8_5970930.jpg

If your child came to you and said I am not a male or female, how would you react?

Let's say they were 8 years old...And another situation when they were 15 or 16.

If your child came to you and said I am not a male or female, how would you react?

Let's say they were 8 years old...And another situation when they were 15 or 16.

That's a tough one. I'd definitely ask why they feel that way and what they expect to be done with that information.

Other than that I feel like it's a situation that really depends on how the kid is responding.

What would you do?

That's a tough one. I'd definitely ask why they feel that way and what they expect to be done with that information.

Other than that I feel like it's a situation that really depends on how the kid is responding.

What would you do?
NO freaking clue. May seem insensitive but id probably tell them they are wrong.

Id def discuss it with them and try to understand their feelings. But feelings can be wrong.

Same As If They Said “I’m Going To Be Astronaut” Or “I Want A Pet Bear”
“Oh Word? Well You’re Gonna Need To Stay In School & Get Great Grades”
Don't see how that's comparable. One is obtainable, if not far fetched (or dangerous). The other is impossible to be true..not necessarily the feelings portion, but the feelings being accurate.

Same As If They Said “I’m Going To Be Astronaut” Or “I Want A Pet Bear”
“Oh Word? Well You’re Gonna Need To Stay In School & Get Great Grades”

Stay in school and get great grades is an appropriate response to them wanting to become an astronaut, it speaks to how they should continue working towards their goal. As a response to "I want a pet bear"? I guess it could work too; they are being rewarded for good academic performance.

But this is a child talking about their identity. What would telling them to stay in school accomplish? It could come off as dismissive and you don't really address the issue at hand.

Unrelated, but why is every word in your post capitalized?

Reminds me of this time about a year ago, I went to the sports loungue and ran into someone I know. I sat next to him and his group of friends to watch the game. One of them had a son that was 4-5 I am guessing. The father yelled expletives whenever his team made a bad play. He mocked his son when he was struggling to scoop his food using a spoon.
:smh:
Some people just don't deserve to be parents

Back
Top Bottom