the thread about nothing...

TAN,

Brother and I got a hotel room for our families for an upcoming wedding in September. Due to the instability of job contract we decided to not attend the wedding and to pay my brother back. He texted me this morning stating he found people to take our room. So being the nice, big brother that I am, asked if the people they found could pay $100 of the $250 we owe him, since they're already getting a discounted rate. I feel that if he wasn't able to find people to share the room, I'd cover the full amount that I owe. But since, he did find someone, I thought it was fair for them to pay a small amount of what we owe.

Am I wrong?

You are def in the right here. I would ask the new people to pay the full amount honestly. Or be like hey ill give you a $50 discount. Can't you cancel your reservation if the wedding is in September and recoup all of your money?

Random thought after finishing Mind Hunter and just now watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Quentin Tarantino is similar to some of the serial murderers in the mind hunter show. Some of the killers get off on the thought nobody being able to decipher their little codes. Zodiac killer. Son of Sam etc. they have unique perversions and sometimes they think they’re more genius than everyone because nobody can catch them based on the clues left on murder scenes. Or clues left in hidden meanings of newspaper clippings, calls to the police etc.

This reminds me so much of Tarantino. He of course has his foot perversion but I’m talking more about the layers of hidden meaning behind everything he does. Like he gets off on being like “heeeheee I’m such a genius, nobody will figure out what this means!” I think that’s a mindset shared by serial killers. He’s even played a psychotic rapist perverted schizophrenic murderer in one of his movies. Then you throw in Charles Manson and his followers into a movie? I see you Quentin. I see you famb.

Subversion. His words.

I think I got sick in the middle of the night. 2 sneezes woke me up, that never happened before. Then got the chills and now I’m aching.

You are def in the right here. I would ask the new people to pay the full amount honestly. Or be like hey ill give you a $50 discount. Can't you cancel your reservation if the wedding is in September and recoup all of your money?
Can't cancel, because my brother is still attending the wedding and has been unable to reserve a smaller room for his family.

So youre basically paying for someone else's room lol.
How did that convo with your brother and those people even go?
"Yea, you can stay here it's already paid for"

But....at the same time, if your bro never found someone else you'd still be outta 250.

Yeah you’re getting punked let’s call it what it is.

I agree that your brother and his family shouldn’t have to find a new room since you and your family cancelled.

However, if he can find another fam to take the spot they should be paying. It makes no sense for you not to get your portion back.

There’s a lot of options here but the one you presented seems like you’re being nice and getting stepped on.

TAN,

Brother and I got a hotel room for our families for an upcoming wedding in September. Due to the instability of job contract we decided to not attend the wedding and to pay my brother back. He texted me this morning stating he found people to take our room. So being the nice, big brother that I am, asked if the people they found could pay $100 of the $250 we owe him, since they're already getting a discounted rate. I feel that if he wasn't able to find people to share the room, I'd cover the full amount that I owe. But since, he did find someone, I thought it was fair for them to pay a small amount of what we owe.

Am I wrong?
Why do you still have to pay? Unless the other people is paying less than half their share then you should pay the difference for cancelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. "The best" is rather subjective here ..
Dj4M4a.gif
:wink:

So youre basically paying for someone else's room lol.
How did that convo with your brother and those people even go?
"Yea, you can stay here it's already paid for"

But....at the same time, if your bro never found someone else you'd still be outta 250.
Yeah, basically. I was going to pay the $250 if he couldn't find someone. But since he did, I thought it was fair that they also pay part of the $250.
Why do you still have to pay? Unless the other people is paying less than half their share then you should pay the difference for cancelling.
Yeah, they supposedly weren't going to pay for the room and just go off my portion of the room. But I told him it wouldn't be fair if they got to stay in a free room. They'd have to put up funds towards the room.

I have yet to hear from my brother lol

Yeah, basically. I was going to pay the $250 if he couldn't find someone. But since he did, I thought it was fair that they also pay part of the $250.

Yeah, they supposedly weren't going to pay for the room and just go off my portion of the room. But I told him it wouldn't be fair if they got to stay in a free room. They'd have to put up funds towards the room.

Make a thread to discuss this.
/s

Is the #BanTAN campaign still going? I don't really check general, maybe TAN is a cancer :O

But yeah that seems kinda scummy of your brother. Has he shown this type of behavior in the past? Is he just giving the guy a free room? Maybe he did charge the guy but he's keeping the money for himself. $250 isn't loose change, but it's also not enough money to make things weird with your sibling

But what happened to Josh Harnett? Got recommended Lucky Number Sleven, as i needed that Bruce Willis fix(p). But fr, these YouTube clips though, :lol:. And that's that dude Bubba, off Forest Gump!

Added to watchlist.!!

the piano that plays short snaps to a movie screen was impressive

and there's a room with hanging phones you sing or speak to and get different reactions

coding, electronics, and layout all super important
Very! Impressive.

Of course you shouldn’t have to pay for the whole thing. If you do you might as well go yourself. Why should you pay for someone you don’t know? It is fair that you pay $100 or something because of the hassle.

I named my newest playlist 'Popeyes Chicken Sandwich', but I think I'm about to change to the The Sandwitch. :lol:

But what happened to Josh Harnett? Got recommended Lucky Number Sleven, as i needed that Bruce Willis fix(p). But fr, these YouTube clips though, :lol:. And that's that dude Bubba, off Forest Gump!

Added to watchlist.!!

Very! Impressive.

Couple things happened.

1: he never wanted to be the leading man, pretty boy Hollywood type. He was never a fan of Hollywood and didn’t wanna get typecast as the action hero ladies man guy.

2: Christopher Nolan cast him as the next Batman for Batman begins. That’s the role of a lifetime handed to you on a silver platter. He was Nolan’s vision of the franchise. Hartnett turned it down for reasons above and Nolan blacklisted him.

Josh is now only interested in smaller projects where he has more creative control over. You’ll never see him in a romantic comedy again that’s for sure

Who else hates repeating themselves? Most times when someone asks me to repeat myself I'll wait a moment to give it time to register. It is especially annoying in a drive through, i legit have pulled off multiple times bc i know I'm speaking as slowly and clearly as possible. I just look at it like i didn't need fast food that day.

Back
Top Bottom