the thread about nothing...

I'm home setting up my custom tactics and EA kicks me off the server. Now I gotta do it all over again

It’s so hard for me to deal with my 12 year old autistic nephew. I just walked him from school because he still doesn’t know how to walk in the street. He doesn’t check for cars in driveways / cars crossing and had to remind him several times about him doing so. He almost crossed the street on a red light in fast traffic! Had to scream on him right there because he’s literally just daydreaming while walking :smh::ohwell:

He’s “high functioning” autistic but I don’t think he’ll ever be able to be on his own. This means no job, driving anything with wheels or even simple errands in the street.

942A2F82-DB27-449B-8158-6F28D1B63F2E.jpeg
gremlin thumbs :sick::sick::sick::sick:

It’s so hard for me to deal with my 12 year old autistic nephew. I just walked him from school because he still doesn’t know how to walk in the street. He doesn’t check for cars in driveways / cars crossing and had to remind him several times about him doing so. He almost crossed the street on a red light in fast traffic! Had to scream on him right there because he’s literally just daydreaming while walking :smh::ohwell:

He’s “high functioning” autistic but I don’t think he’ll ever be able to be on his own. This means no job, driving anything with wheels or even simple errands in the street.
Be patient with him. Don’t show frustration, I think kids could sense it. He’s only 12 there’s still a lot of time for him to learn and catch on to some of the basic things in life...hopefully.

Be patient with him. Don’t show frustration, I think kids could sense it. He’s only 12 there’s still a lot of time for him to learn and catch on to some of the basic things in life...hopefully.

It’s so frustrating though. Especially when he’s great at remembering trivia, song lyrics, dance moves, using the computer... etc. But walking is complicated? I just take it he only pays attention to stuff he cares about. I made sure to explain to him why it was so important to watch for traffic and gave him several things to look out for. I’ll see how he does tomorrow and hopefully he remembers without me telling him. He wants to be independent already but I told him he can’t go out on his own if he can’t walk the streets.

It’s so frustrating though. Especially when he’s great at remembering trivia, song lyrics, dance moves, using the computer... etc. But walking is complicated? I just take it he only pays attention to stuff he cares about. I made sure to explain to him why it was so important to watch for traffic and gave him several things to look out for. I’ll see how he does tomorrow and hopefully he remembers without me telling him. He wants to be independent already but I told him he can’t go out on his own if he can’t walk the streets.
You never know! He could be one of those prodigies! He could be the next Bill Gates if he’s good with comps already. Just gotta find ways to enhance it. He could be a billionaire and never cross the streets again. Haha

You never know! He could be one of those prodigies! He could be the next Bill Gates if he’s good with comps already. Just gotta find ways to enhance it. He could be a billionaire and never cross the streets again. Haha

True, I definitely have to keep encouraging him to do better. He’s pretty smart but his learning disability is obvious, just need to keep him interested in learning about everything.

Lol, it could happen man. You never know! He might be sending my old *** to cross the street and do errands for him :lol:

Nephew: NO, you stupid uncle. I said NO ONIONS. Go back and get me another one.

Wife called and told me that her mom just found out that she has possible breast cancer. Feel really sad for her and my wife right now.

Doctor called my mom-in-law while she was at work and told her what they found is cancerous and has a follow up meeting this coming Thursday/Friday.

Hoping that they caught it early and treatment is quick.

Sigh...what a Monday.
scary famo. hope all goes according to plan the rest of the way.

while I did have a fair understanding of crossing the street at 12, I was highly exposed to walking outside with no adult supervision due to the fact that I lived in a major city and walked to school with my sister from the ages of 7 to 9 (when she was 12 - 14).

exposure is the key. beyond that, kids/teenagers are absolutely clueless about anything that isn't immediately effecting them.

hope it goes well for you guys going forward. try not to be so frustrated even if it isn't sticking after the first few go rounds. patience and understanding. Maybe try to find a way to visualize the dangers to him.

Back
Top Bottom