the thread about nothing...

My reaction:
"Uber eats"
giphy.gif
Same reaction I give when I hear of people still eating off of food trucks. Where do they wash their hands?

so if it´s proven that solitary confinement is directly harmful to mental health...

...and some people live alone...

...and they plan to keep us locked like this for months at a time...

yikes.

Hope family members call their elderly to keep up on their needs. Phone calls help a ton to someone lonely.

The whole family came down to visit my dad since he lives by himself. We just tossed some carne asada on the grill and made some guacamole. Jokes are flying too.

so if it´s proven that solitary confinement is directly harmful to mental health...

...and some people live alone...

...and they plan to keep us locked like this for months at a time...

yikes.
Hope family members call their elderly to keep up on their needs. Phone calls help a ton to someone lonely.

The whole family came down to visit my dad since he lives by himself. We just tossed some carne asada on the grill and made some guacamole. Jokes are flying too.
When it was the first week.. I'll text and call people to see how they're holding up but nobody replied back or answered the phone nor called back..
giphy.gif

Now the same people are replying back and texting back but that first week.. :rofl:

I feel like if the gov't would have just been like look people one month...total lock down and we can beat this. I would have rather done that...then this...slowly inching toward more and more restrictions while some of us take it seriously and others DGAF.

Like if i have to work from home and not be able to go to a gym for like 2-3 months...we might as well started with super harsh restrictions off the jump to beat this. Instead we let arrogance stretch this thing out for god knows how long

I still don’t get how any of this would truly work. If this disease as contagious as experts are claiming there is no way just a month would work. Because the second people start interacting again it would start to spread. Like unless we thought all cases are done after that month and there’s no contagious people out there. Even if there just 100 contagious people it’d spread like wildfire.

The only reason it seems we’re doing social distancing is because a) we don’t know much about this virus and b) so that people get it slowly enough for hospitals to help during recovery for the people that need it. The only way this “goes away” is either through herd immunity where enough of the population got it and becomes immune or we develop a specific vaccine that people take so they are unable to get it. Both of those ends require at least a few more months.

In short what i’m saying is that a full one month lockdown wouldn’t solve anything imo even if we did it from the jump. All it would do is make us more ready to handle it than we currently are since hospitals aren’t being overrun. It would still require 3-12 months though i think before we can really be out of this.

I think what people are failing to grasp is that this is 100% unlike anything we’ve ever come across in our generation. It’s a new virus essentially. We’re so used to our usual diseases that as a global population we’re really unprepared for how to handle something like this. Pandemic is such a rare word that it’s only been used 3 times in recent history. This is arguably more important than if we went to war.

Im on the side of herd immunity though. Once we have enough knowledge of this virus I think it’s best to completely restart society for all healthy adults and let enough people get it so we can move past it. Doesn’t seem like we’re ready for that yet from a resource capacity wise. A place like Netherlands is much better prepared and they’re trying this. And even for them it’s stretching capacity beyond their well thought capabilities so they’ve started doing some basic social distancing to slow stuff down.

" Just the kinda girl these busters love.

• She said the toilet had been bleached before she licked it
  • Louise added that she was 'really annoyed' coronavirus was getting more publicity than she was
  • Louise said she believes the media is lying about coronavirus and that 'boomers' are selfish for caring about the disease
  • She said it is fine if someone died from her carelessness as long as she received social media attention
tumblr_nxni8pTXO01tpri36o1_500.gifv

• Louise added that she was 'really annoyed' coronavirus was getting more publicity than she was
  • Louise said she believes the media is lying about coronavirus and that 'boomers' are selfish for caring about the disease
  • She said it is fine if someone died from her carelessness as long as she received social media attention
I already said what I needed to say about her in the “Fools....” thread, and I meant it then and I mean it even more now.

The amount of narcissism disgusts me smh

Back
Top Bottom