the thread about nothing...

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Most of my trips have been solo.
I been to 19 countries and only I’ve only gone with friends twice. It’s harder to plan something out with everybody since we all got different schedules. A lot of times I’ll google places to go and if the price is good, I’ll sleep on it and book it in the morning.
I would do the same but feel like if I am in a foreign country where I don't know anybody, it could be kind of scary.

jjs

Joined Feb 4, 2012
I would do the same but feel like if I am in a foreign country where I know nobody, it could be kind of scary.
It’s easy to meet other tourists when travelling solo in any relatively popular places even if you’re not doing hostels and what not.

Now if you’re in a non-touristy area, it might be tricky to meet people, but i’ve never felt really scared when travelling solo despite being in sketchy places.

Joined Sep 28, 2003
It’s easy to meet other tourists when travelling solo in any relatively popular places even if you’re not doing hostels and what not.

Now if you’re in a non-touristy area, it might be tricky to meet people, but i’ve never felt really scared when travelling solo despite being in sketchy places.
Where have you been to alone?

Joined Sep 28, 2003
in touristy spots, most locals speak english to a certain level especially in the philippines

Really easy places to travel actually.
Oh yeah communication isn't my main concern, we have translating apps these days anyway. I am more worried about getting finessed and abducted. :lol:

jjs

Joined Feb 4, 2012
Oh yeah communication isn't my main concern, we have translating apps these days anyway. I am more worried about getting finessed and abducted. :lol:
you might get finessed for a couple of bucks but the chances of getting abducted in touristy destinations are probably the same as if you travel in the US :lol:

Joined Sep 28, 2003
you might get finessed for a couple of bucks but the chances of getting abducted in touristy destinations are probably the same as if you travel in the US :lol:
I want to go to London and Brazil, but hearing what happened to tourists at the recent Olympics and World Cup makes me uneasy.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now