the thread about nothing...

I haven't eaten pancakes in probably 15 years.
Bingo.

The word CAKE is literally in the name of the item.

How people have tricked themselves into believing that is an acceptable breakfast food really annoys me.

Then you have things like this

In reference to

View attachment 2675053
[/QUOTE]
Bingo.

The word CAKE is literally in the name of the item.

How people have tricked themselves into believing that is an acceptable breakfast food really annoys me.

Then you have things like this

In reference to

View attachment 2675053
[/QUOTE]
If its served with a side of eggs cooked in butter and with a healthy ration of bacon, would you consider it a breakfast meal?

I just don't understand eating things like pancakes, waffles, French toast etc. and considering it a legitimate meal. Might as well have a slice of cake for breakfast.

What's are your go-to meals for breakfast?

Dry cereal is underated. Yeah you would've been better off eating the lucky charms w/o the pancakes...but hey, now you know. I kinda like Ihops pancakes esp the choc. Chip ones. Never been to a Golden Nugget, have been to & like Denny's. Some of the best waffles I've had was at this Waffle House in Maryland. Threw on some peanut butter morsels on em too...heavenly lol
I don't think I've ever had Denny's pancakes b4. Can't remember if I've ever eaten at a Denny's. Might have to give them a shot. Golden Nugget's fire tho. Give the buttermilks a shot sometime :emoji_thumbsup:

What's are your go-to meals for breakfast?
I don't have any since I usually skip breakfast. If I HAVE to eat it I'm usually eating eggs of some sort, oatmeal, and fresh fruit.

For AM indulgences I'm opting for egg sandwiches, huevos rancheros, or eggs benedict.

Dry cereal is underated. Yeah you would've been better off eating the lucky charms w/o the pancakes...but hey, now you know. I kinda like Ihops pancakes esp the choc. Chip ones. Never been to a Golden Nugget, have been to & like Denny's. Some of the best waffles I've had was at this Waffle House in Maryland. Threw on some peanut butter morsels on em too...heavenly lol
Underrated how?

I am sure it is one of the favorite foods of those suffering from childhood diabetes and obesity.

It should be banned if we are being honest.

tenor.gif

Underrated how?

I am sure it is one of the favorite foods of those suffering from childhood diabetes and obesity.

It should be banned if we are being honest.
Underrated in the sense that not a lot of people choose to eat their cereal dry & may think it's a bit weird to consume cereal without milk. Like I remember bringing a ziplock bag worth of cereal such as honey bunches of oats or a special K variety to work with me & while snacking on it my co-workers would be like where's the milk? And I'd tell them I eat it just like this- dry no milk, most of the time. Why do you want cereal as a whole to be banned?

I don't think I've ever had Denny's pancakes b4. Can't remember if I've ever eaten at a Denny's. Might have to give them a shot. Golden Nugget's fire tho. Give the buttermilks a shot sometime :emoji_thumbsup:
Yeah Denny's got legit pancakes, omelettes, shakes. Try em out if you get the chance. I googled Golden Nugget pancake house- looks like none in my city, everything is showing up for Chicago based locations

Maybe it is perception but I see many kids eating cereal without Milk. I am sure we have more non-milk drinkers in 2020 than in previous eras.

Why I want cereal banned, it is promoted as part of a complete balanced breakfast but it is just junk food first thing in the morning.

Cheap garbage, wellI can't call the good stuff cheap anymore.
It is just dangerous man.

Donuts are overrated. Krispy Kreme hot and fresh is very good, but that’s pretty much it
Overrated? I love donuts, too much maybe lol. Donuts are awesome imo, who doesn't like fried dough? Had Krispy Kreme couple weeks ago...nothing but good things to say. Their glazed donut is the best one

Yeah Denny's got legit pancakes, omelettes, shakes. Try em out if you get the chance. I googled Golden Nugget pancake house- looks like none in my city, everything is showing up for Chicago based locations
Damn I just looked it up. I didn't even know Golden Nugget was exclusively in Chicago. I assumed they were everywhere.

Maybe it is perception but I see many kids eating cereal without Milk. I am sure we have more non-milk drinkers in 2020 than in previous eras.

Why I want cereal banned, it is promoted as part of a complete balanced breakfast but it is just junk food first thing in the morning.

Cheap garbage, wellI can't call the good stuff cheap anymore.
It is just dangerous man.
Yeah, I hear ya on that. Majority of cereals & foods labeled as such are nothing but a sugar bomb. Feeding children on that stuff multiple days of the week def is dangerous long term- totally agreed. Even though people are aware of how unhealthy a lot of the cereals are...how do these companies get away with it though? Marketing it & selling it?

Damn I just looked it up. I didn't even know Golden Nugget was exclusively in Chicago. I assumed they were everywhere.
It's all good, just another reason to revisit ChiTown for me lol. They're probably around the Midwest areas. You're from Chi right? You ever been to Bang Bang Pies? One of my all time fave spots in Chicago. Their food is sooo freaking fresh, natural & flavorful- I salivate just thinking about em

Yeah, I hear ya on that. Majority of cereals & foods labeled as such are nothing but a sugar bomb. Feeding children on that stuff multiple days of the week def is dangerous long term- totally agreed. Even though people are aware of how unhealthy a lot of the cereals are...how do these companies get away with it though? Marketing it & selling it?
They advertise through verbal loopholes. Saying things like "20% less sugar"...that phrase doesn't exactly explain what it'd actually comparing to at 20% less than so it's legally not a lie. Could be 20% less than anything. Or saying "Part of a complete breakfast." Technically some of the ingredients are "part" of a complete breakfast. But even the term "complete breakfast" has no legal weight so it can be anything. Or a "Healthy" stamp. Doesn't say what or how much is healthy, could mean one table spoon a day or one ingredient on the list is healthy so they can get away with it. Basically sneaky advertising.

It's all good, just another reason to revisit ChiTown for me lol. They're probably around the Midwest areas. You're from Chi right? You ever been to Bang Bang Pies? One of my all time fave spots in Chicago. Their food is sooo freaking fresh, natural & flavorful- I salivate just thinking about em
I still haven't gone to Bang Bang Pies. I like Hoosier Pies and First Slice Pie Cafe. Gotta get around to getting a french silk pie from bang bang tho.

Back
Top Bottom