the thread about nothing...

This is probably a rhethorical question but I never watched Friday the 13th. Is it a Halloween movie?
It's a classic horror slasher film so it's good for Halloween. But the plot itself isn't based on Halloween or Fall. It's set around a summer camp.

Yeah, it kinda is but I think you would enjoy the Halloween series more. Friday the 13th feels more low budget to me.
Absolutely. Halloween = Masterpiece
John Carpenter's use of the Steadicam in 1978 for Halloween's long single tracking shots are legendary in the film world. His camera work in Halloween is something else and was very new at the time. Even today with all the technology, single tracking shots are tough.

Opening scene with long tracking shots on the Steadicam.

Walking scene with long tracking shots

Roger Eberts 4 star review back in 1978

walkingBred walkingBred , agreed. I Love that series and try to watch it every year around this time. I have the first three films on dvd and my little nephew is always asking me to play it for him. The funny thing is he’s a total scaredy cat :lol:
I remember being a 5 year old in my room watching this movie in the dark with a bunch of Halloween candy in my lap. I don’t think I slept well that night.

IMG_7132.PNG

@MarilynMonroe brucelee brucelee Having Twitter accounts is funny. I understand their kids/estates run them but naming the accounts using the actual people is funny.

I get it though

Back
Top Bottom