the thread about nothing...

Bought my brother & his wife their wedding gift. Sucks I won't be able to test it out given I quit smoking last Jan :lol:
20210119_183229.jpg
20210119_183210.jpg
20210119_190035.jpg
20210119_190125.jpg

Attachments

• 20210119_183229.jpg
    20210119_183229.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 2
Bought my brother & his wife their wedding gift. Sucks I won't be able to test it out given I quit smoking last Jan :lol:
That’s a really cool gift dude. They’ll be happy to have it I’m sure :emoji_thumbsup: Good on you for quitting too. Is that style of smoking harder to quit? I ask because I’m a life long non-smoker

I'm watching Childhood 2.0 on YouTube. This generation of kids don't even go outside and ride bikes or play hide n seek or any of the stuff kids do. But they still see and possibly learn more than any children before them since they are all connected. I wonder how they'll be when they get to their 20s.

I'm watching Childhood 2.0 on YouTube. This generation of kids don't even go outside and ride bikes or play hide n seek or any of the stuff kids do. But they still see and possibly learn more than any children before them since they are all connected. I wonder how they'll be when they get to their 20s.

i think humanity has irrevocably changed.

Even though we grew up in a modern age i still felt like i could mentally connect with how life was hundreds of years ago. Human to human contact with just a much harder effort of life back then.

I don’t get how kids nowadays can. They’re not out on the streets interacting with each other. Never before have an entire generation of people been so disconnected from face to face contact and confrontation.

Maybe it’ll end well since everyone is a lot more similar and common sense stuff like recycling will be incorporated in peoples thought processes universally.

Even though we grew up in a modern age i still felt like i could mentally connect with how life was hundreds of years ago. Human to human contact with just a much harder effort of life back then.

I don’t get how kids nowadays can. They’re not out on the streets interacting with each other. Never before have an entire generation of people been so disconnected from face to face contact and confrontation.

Maybe it’ll end well since everyone is a lot more similar and common sense stuff like recycling will be incorporated in peoples thought processes universally.
I was one of the older people at my last job (36 at the time) but I was cool with people that were in their 20s. It's crazy how normal it is for people to just pull out their phone while you're talking to them mid-sentence. I was cool enough with them to call them out on it "you're not listening" is what I'd always say, and they'd all protest by saying, "I'm listening, I was just checking something on my phone". Some even sarcastically would put it down and look me directly in the eyes. It's like common courtesy is asking too much.
The timing of it all is kinda uncanny. For 10 years we get devices that cause people to not want to interact with others... Then we get a virus that forces us not to interact with others. Idk what's next.
Ironically, I love technology, I'm a regular in the Android thread, and most of my jobs have dealt with promoting/selling tech... But I definitely see the dangers of it.

Last edited:
I think the late 00’s-early 2010’s was the perfect era for technology. Apps were new and exciting, social media was the Wild West, and the internet wasn’t overrun with ads.
I was just thinking about this. The biggest aspects that sucked comparing then to now is no Ride Share apps and if you saw an interesting or funny clip, while out with friends you couldn't show them right away. Instead you had to describe it until you got back home.

should've got my eyes checked sooner when i still had vision coverage :smh:
now i got to pay out of pocket and wait a couple weeks for the earliest appt
might just have find a different doc just so i can get this done sooner

Anyone else play Nintendo back in the day and use an object like a AA battery to press a+b real fast for games like Mike Tyson's Punch Out? :lol:
We used to do that with pennies. Seriously, pennies! My pops scratched the **** out the controller and chilled once he saw what he did :lol:

Nobody won tonight's Mega Millions. Next Jackpot Estimated at 970 Million. :wow:
So will you finally play one $2 ticket? Sounds like fuh-uuunnn :tongue:

Feel like our future is somewherere between having surrogates, virtual reality, and A.I companions. Either way we it seems like one day we will all be stuck at home living some version of a virtual life.

Back
Top Bottom