the thread about nothing...

Went to this Indian spot called House of Dosas in Long Island yesterday. Dosas are cool- they're these thin pancake or crepe like bread from South India, made from a fermented batter consisting of lentils and rice. It is somewhat similar to a crepe. I had mine with portobello mushrooms, garlic, onion & sauteed spinach. Also had their palak paneer(sauteed paste like spinach with cottage cheese) with roti(flatbread). My bro & his wife got some Uttapams which is basically thicker Doasa with toppings. I love how Indians have these adorable little serving dishes & small cups.
20211021_195922.jpg
20211021_195917.jpg
20211021_195641.jpg
you got me thinking of going to a dosa place later for supper.

Saw a real bad accident last night in Silver Spring, MD. Just found out a 3yr old died :smh:
I remember when I was in grade school, my folks and I went out of town for a swim in a secluded area. on our way back, there was a hit and run accident just happened possibly about minutes ago. as we drove past the accident area, I saw someone laying on the ground lifeless covered with newspapers. it was only a kid possibly maybe around 5-8 basing from the size. I couldn't see the face or the whole body but I could see the lifeless hand hanging out of the newspaper with the palm open towards the sky. the sight of such a lifeless person for me was quite a shock back then.

on other news, an update on my Covid friend. so far, he is quite recovering but not yet out of danger. atleast now there are fewer tubes that are stuck on him. although it cost him a lot to give him a fighting chance, possibly around 75k in medical expenses. since Halloween is getting pretty close, guess it's time to also share his accounts of the paranormal. he shared me his story that his room is a Covid Unit that had most occupants died of Covid. he mentioned that Covid is really fatal that in 10 cases, they'd be lucky if 1 person will even make it. he had roommates where they appear or are much in a better situation that he was in that passed away. typically, they would only last a day just to be with him before they get covered with a body bag. my friend is also affected with it emotionally as he had interacted with these people the previous day only to learn the next day he would be alone again in that room.

as far as paranormal activities are concerned, he experienced that the chairs would move around while he is fast asleep in the middle of the night. felt some really cold draft, and beds moving. but the worst one as he told me was that someone massaged him that pretty much awoke him from his sleep. even as he screamed, he was alone in the room so there was really nobody that could help him in the middle of the night. thing is, I guess when people die unexpectedly or have their lives cut short, it is difficult for those people to move on.

on other news, an update on my Covid friend. so far, he is quite recovering but not yet out of danger. atleast now there are fewer tubes that are stuck on him. although it cost him a lot to give him a fighting chance, possibly around 75k in medical expenses. since Halloween is getting pretty close, guess it's time to also share his accounts of the paranormal. he shared me his story that his room is a Covid Unit that had most occupants died of Covid. he mentioned that Covid is really fatal that in 10 cases, they'd be lucky if 1 person will even make it. he had roommates where they appear or are much in a better situation that he was in that passed away. typically, they would only last a day just to be with him before they get covered with a body bag. my friend is also affected with it emotionally as he had interacted with these people the previous day only to learn the next day he would be alone again in that room.

as far as paranormal activities are concerned, he experienced that the chairs would move around while he is fast asleep in the middle of the night. felt some really cold draft, and beds moving. but the worst one as he told me was that someone massaged him that pretty much awoke him from his sleep. even as he screamed, he was alone in the room so there was really nobody that could help him in the middle of the night. thing is, I guess when people die unexpectedly or have their lives cut short, it is difficult for those people to move on.
75k is beyond nuts, I think I could stay in an intensive care unit for a whole year and not get close to that kind of bill. I'd be very surprised if it'd cost even half.
Hope he's alright but it's tough to tell, at least things seem to be moving in a good direction

Very much uncomfortable! The crazy part is that pair you have on is almost 20 years old, lol. I remember picking up the “Chicago” patent version in my local store for $90 as a birthday present to myself.
may I ask in what sense it is uncomfortable?

Very much uncomfortable! The crazy part is that pair you have on is almost 20 years old, lol. I remember picking up the “Chicago” patent version in my local store for $90 as a birthday present to myself.
Dude, hella uncomfortable lol but I'll rock em for swag purposes :lol:once every 2 blue moons lol. Them Chicago patents were so fire man. I was a sophomore in HS when these came out. It was my blue ones, your Chicago ones & the black & gold which were dope too. Wish I could've gotten em all back then but I was a broke boy :lol:. Scooped these off DS from Flightclub years ago. You still have yours?
1’s are uncomfortable yet everyone and their dog has a pair :lol: The power of hype
Lmao that's so true! Literally everybody has at least one pair of the 1s. They be dropping some release or another on the 1s almost daily so I guess that's why.

75k is beyond nuts, I think I could stay in an intensive care unit for a whole year and not get close to that kind of bill. I'd be very surprised if it'd cost even half.
Hope he's alright but it's tough to tell, at least things seem to be moving in a good direction
it surprised me too. although from where he was in, I wouldn't even leave it to chance. he says that he got of a lot of tubes and IV's on him initially. cost is nothing if you want to live. so I could understand why the majority of people that died don't have the financial resources to have atleast a fighting chance. I remember watching a video on youtube where in India, they didn't even have ventilators. now, the ventilators is not even a guarantee if the person would survive.

The insoles were thin and tiresome to the forefoot. It had an encapsulated air pod in the heel but it didn’t help. Think of a fancy Chuck Taylor.

Flightclub years ago. You still have yours?
I sold them back in 2008 when the white patent portions began to yellow. I ended up getting the 2015 OG version so that was a nice upgrade, haha.

They're just too damn flat man front to back. Like there is only an inch of rubber between the sole & the ground. Cushioning is nowhere near enough to have that comforting feel under your feet. I was asking my brother like how tf did MJ play in these for an entire season? And the ones he played in were OG with primitive comfort & tech compared to when these came out.

The insoles were thin and tiresome to the forefoot. It had an encapsulated air pod in the heel but it didn’t help. Think of a fancy Chuck Taylor.

I sold them back in 2008 when the white patent portions began to yellow. I ended up getting the 2015 OG version so that was a nice upgrade, haha.
gotcha. while it doesn't cater my primary current needs anymore, they did cater my feet when I was in highschool. for young feet, cushioning wasn't really much of a deal just like the Chucks. back then, I felt they were comfortable (young feet). nowadays, you can just feel the ground.

They're just too damn flat man front to back. Like there is only an inch of rubber between the sole & the ground. Cushioning is nowhere near enough to have that comforting feel under your feet. I was asking my brother like how tf did MJ play in these for an entire season? And the ones he played in were OG with primitive comfort & tech compared to when these came out.
they do feel like that. from what I read, MJ's feet were ok with it back in the day. I can't exactly recall the year that he wore the AJ 1's again later in his career, I think it was one ASG. it was reported that he bled on those 1's playing on them again. so they are not really for old feet.

I have my pairs of AJ1 Mids and lows which I use once in a while for casual wear but not for playing nor long walks. I would have gotten the AJ1 Zoom for the cushion comfort if they weren't that difficult to find and not pay for over retail. the AJ1 CMFT were also a great alternative but I hated the aesthetic design of an exposed foam on top of the shoe. right now, the denim lows seems to look nice even if the cushion is meh.

gotcha. while it doesn't cater my primary current needs anymore, they did cater my feet when I was in highschool. for young feet, cushioning wasn't really much of a deal just like the Chucks. back then, I felt they were comfortable (young feet). nowadays, you can just feel the ground.

Yeah, I can agree. I used to be able to wear anything back in my teens. It changed once I got heavier. I’ve got washed feet 😆

Yeah, I can agree. I used to be able to wear anything back in my teens. It changed once I got heavier. I’ve got washed feet 😆
it's horrible. I believe I can wear them comfortably at 115 lbs without any issues. now at 200 lbs. , goodluck on my feet and knees. just got back from a massage today. my thighs, knees, and legs are quite a bit loose now compared to yesterday and previous weeks. I'm still skipping the deadlifts though til I see my physio.

it surprised me too. although from where he was in, I wouldn't even leave it to chance. he says that he got of a lot of tubes and IV's on him initially. cost is nothing if you want to live. so I could understand why the majority of people that died don't have the financial resources to have atleast a fighting chance. I remember watching a video on youtube where in India, they didn't even have ventilators. now, the ventilators is not even a guarantee if the person would survive.
Glad to hear your friend is doing better if even only a little bit. At least he's alive & breathing. Yeah India got pretty bad back in May June & into late summer. Read families didn't have $ to pay for cremations or burials so they wrapped the deceased loved ones bodies in cloth & put it in rivers,a whole lot in the Ganges. It's heart breaking to see that man. Hope your friend makes a full recovery asap. And yeah, about then ventilators it's not guaranteed you'll make it. Every case every body is different & so many factors go in to if one can survive or not. My mother went on a ventilator & sadly she didn't make it. Recently my older brother & his wife had it & they nearly died too.

Discharged myself from the hospital after another random seizure, 3rd one this year. One of the doctors yesterday started asking me a bunch of questions about how happy I am because apparently I "look like someone with zero lust for life" :stoneface: :lol: Wtf kind of remark is that?
I've heard "dead eyes" plenty before but that's a new one.

Back
Top Bottom