the thread about nothing...

Pickled up a little something for the festivities
IMG_20220702_005557__01.jpg

neighbor-hello.gif

It sucks that I'm going to have to get new denim pants and shorts because of my weight gain that happened within a year. I've been skinny all my life, so I don't know how the hell I'm up to 215 lbs now.

Although I still look slim, I actually got bigger around my waist and stomach. It's so bad because I can only zip up my pants and shorts but not the button part because either it won't fit or it will be too damn tight based on how the pants or shorts were originally cut. I now have to wear them without buttoning them up!

It's a trip because I got them all oversized several years ago to maintain looseness and wasn't able to wear them without a belt because they would either fall off completely or be sagging too low by default. Then during the pandemic, I began to finally fit them ironically because of the weight gain. But it got bad the last few months because I finally couldn't fit them because of more weight gain.

I'm disappointed I'll have to get new pants and shorts now that are bigger because I had most of the ones I can no longer fit since the 2000s. It's basically like starting over for me. Am I going to actually have to wear a size 40 or larger waist size going forward if I want to maintain looseness with the new pants and shorts?

It sucks that I'm going to have to get new denim pants and shorts because of my weight gain that happened within a year. I've been skinny all my life, so I don't know how the hell I'm up to 215 lbs now.

Although I still look slim, I actually got bigger around my waist and stomach. It's so bad because I can only zip up my pants and shorts but not the button part because either it won't fit or it will be too damn tight based on how the pants or shorts were originally cut. I now have to wear them without buttoning them up!

It's a trip because I got them all oversized several years ago to maintain looseness and wasn't able to wear them without a belt because they would either fall off completely or be sagging too low by default. Then during the pandemic, I began to finally fit them ironically because of the weight gain. But it got bad the last few months because I finally couldn't fit them because of more weight gain.

I'm disappointed I'll have to get new pants and shorts now that are bigger because I had most of the ones I can no longer fit since the 2000s. It's basically like starting over for me. Am I going to actually have to wear a size 40 or larger waist size going forward if I want to maintain looseness with the new pants and shorts?

So what are you going to do about it?

Other than buy new trousers..

That Red Robin backfired, huh? No but seriously, buy a couple larger pieces to get by but don’t get too comfortable at that new pant size or you won’t be dropping that weight anytime soon. Let that frustration of not fitting your current rotation serve as motivation to cut back a bit and you’re good. Best of luck.

That Red Robin backfired, huh? No but seriously, buy a couple larger pieces to get by but don’t get too comfortable at that new pant size or you won’t be dropping that weight anytime soon. Let that frustration of not fitting your current rotation serve as motivation to cut back a bit and you’re good. Best of luck.

I don't eat restaurant food often. I only eat outside every few weeks. But I do occasionally eat outside days apart in a single week or consecutive weeks if I'm out.

Ironically, I tried to get to 200 lbs for 6.5 years with exercise since there's a rec center in my neighborhood. I exercised strictly working with weighted objects. It's crazy I couldn't gain the weight working with good amounts of weight on an average of 1 hour 10 minutes a session.

The crazier thing is I gained weight during this pandemic. I haven't exercised since early March 2020 because the rec center closed for a year for safety protocols. I haven't been back since it reopened last year because I still don't feel safe going in that small space with really limited ventilation. There's also a capacity and time limit now. Residents also can't walk in at any time because there's a signup for a time slot now.

Perhaps lack of exercise now compounded with me being older caused my weight gain. I think I was around 180 lbs before the pandemic.

I don't eat restaurant food often. I only eat outside every few weeks. But I do occasionally eat outside days apart in a single week or consecutive weeks if I'm out.

Ironically, I tried to get to 200 lbs for 6.5 years with exercise since there's a rec center in my neighborhood. I exercised strictly working with weighted objects. It's crazy I couldn't gain the weight working with good amounts of weight on an average of 1 hour 10 minutes a session.

The crazier thing is I gained weight during this pandemic. I haven't exercised since early March 2020 because the rec center closed for a year for safety protocols. I haven't been back since it reopened last year because I still don't feel safe going in that small space with really limited ventilation. There's also a capacity and time limit now. Residents also can't walk in at any time because there's a signup for a time slot now.

Perhaps lack of exercise now compounded with me being older caused my weight gain. I think I was around 180 lbs before the pandemic.
1656875711911.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom