the thread about nothing...

6p9cdzj8uloa1.jpg

walkingBred walkingBred running 6 miles like it was nothing! :nthat:
What's wild is yesterday's run was actually one of the toughest runs I think I've ever had to deal with. For starters, my body wasn't ready for the extreme weather shift. The wind was 25+mph by the lake bringing the real feel to around 1°. Also was hung over with lack of sleep. But what made it so horrible was by the 2.5-3 mile point I started getting major bubble guts. This usually is never a problem since I always go before my runs (no pun intended). I went before yesterday's runs as well but I drank a lot Friday which prolly had something to do with it.

Make a long story short, I had no option but to constantly fight my body to hold it in and keep running. There's no bathrooms on this path and it freezing so stopping to ease the guts and walking the rest of the way would've gotten me sick from all the sweat under my gear. Fought through 3 miles. Once I finished the 6 miles & stopped the feeling faded. It was definitely the motion causing my stomach to bubble. Got to the crib and released.

In a sick way, I was proud of myself for pushing through the run :lol: . It was a full on mental game the entire 3 miles back.

What's wild is yesterday's run was actually one of the toughest runs I think I've ever had to deal with. For starters, my body wasn't ready for the extreme weather shift. The wind was 25+mph by the lake bringing the real feel to around 1°. Also was hung over with lack of sleep. But what made it so horrible was by the 2.5-3 mile point I started getting major bubble guts. This usually is never a problem since I always go before my runs (no pun intended). I went before yesterday's runs as well but I drank a lot Friday which prolly had something to do with it.

Make a long story short, I had no option but to constantly fight my body to hold it in and keep running. There's no bathrooms on this path and it freezing so stopping to ease the guts and walking the rest of the way would've gotten me sick from all the sweat under my gear. Fought through 3 miles. Once I finished the 6 miles & stopped the feeling faded. It was definitely the motion causing my stomach to bubble. Got to the crib and released.

In a sick way, I was proud of myself for pushing through the run :lol: . It was a full on mental game the entire 3 miles back.
Those days where it isn’t easy are so valuable as mental exercise!

Back
Top Bottom