the thread about nothing...

Not my pic, but I’d go with the fingertrap max. Some of the most comfortable shoes I’ve owned and the fit was perfect. Wish I bought multiple pairs.

nike-fingertrap-max-bright-crimson-dove-grey-black-3.jpg

I always thought you were a Skechers kind of guy.

Why do you think that is?

Does anyone have experience with working night shifts? i just started a job working 5pm - til whenever the work is finished... 530 am... 630 am... and the latest 7 am... anyone work the night shift before?

Does anyone have experience with working night shifts? i just started a job working 5pm - til whenever the work is finished... 530 am... 630 am... and the latest 7 am... anyone work the night shift before?

It completely killed my social life. At my current job, started in '05. Worked 9pm - 530am the first couple of years. Then when I got promoted, worked 11pm - 730 am. Got promoted again, worked 230am - 1100am for a while. It was the worst when I was doing half and half. First 3 days of the week, 8am - 5pm, then the last two did the 230am thing. Did this crazy schedule for about 6 years. All while going to school part-time as well. Finally stopped doing the grave yard hours 4 years ago. I will say this, I think it permanently damaged my inner clock doing it all those years.

Does anyone have experience with working night shifts?
I did at Target a few years back. **** was awful and the staff were slave drivers, had us working a a frantic pace and then insulting if it wasn’t to their satisfaction. I worked as early as 10pm and off by 7:00am.

I will say this, I think it permanently damaged my inner clock doing it all those years.
I hear that! It was hell for me jus to get used to those hours. Never again man, nope.

I hear that! It was hell for me jus to get used to those hours. Never again man, nope.

It took a while to get used to. The 230 am for me was the killer. Of all the years doing it, only once did I oversleep. Oh man, I finally woke up at about 530. Had like 20 missed calls. Thing was, I always kept my phone on silent. The alarm would still work. I vaguely remember waking up when my alarm initially went off, but I went back to sleep. Good thing I only lived 4 miles away. It was Saturday too. Streets were empty. When I got there, my boss and another co-worker who he called in was there. It was embarrassing.

It took a while to get used to. The 230 am for me was the killer. Of all the years doing it, only once did I oversleep. Oh man, I finally woke up at about 530. Had like 20 missed calls. Thing was, I always kept my phone on silent. The alarm would still work. I vaguely remember waking up when my alarm initially went off, but I went back to sleep. Good thing I only lived 4 miles away. It was Saturday too. Streets were empty. When I got there, my boss and another co-worker was there who he called in was there. It was embarrassing.

Oh damn, your heart must’ve been racing. That sucks because you were probably still sleepy and yet getting hit with that adrenaline. I was never late but I hated that my body didn’t get used to the hours. Couldn’t sleep all day and had to be up all night.

It completely killed my social life. At my current job, started in '05. Worked 9pm - 530am the first couple of years. Then when I got promoted, worked 11pm - 730 am. Got promoted again, worked 230am - 1100am for a while. It was the worst when I was doing half and half. First 3 days of the week, 8am - 5pm, then the last two did the 230am thing. Did this crazy schedule for about 6 years. All while going to school part-time as well. Finally stopped doing the grave yard hours 4 years ago. I will say this, I think it permanently damaged my inner clock doing it all those years.

I hear you on that social life... my schedule is sun- thurs. so i would have fri/sat off.. so that is good.... i guess lmao
like i said the schedule starts at 5pm.. and its busy season rn so they pushing us to the limit. im sure when its off season id be getting out at 2/3ish. ( i talked to my co workers already)
over time is pretty sweet. so i think imma just thug it out and make this bread... idk if id make it a career but its good money, for now.

I did at Target a few years back. **** was awful and the staff were slave drivers, had us working a a frantic pace and then insulting if it wasn’t to their satisfaction. I worked as early as 10pm and off by 7:00am.

how long did you work for target, doing the night shift? did your perspective on sleep change after you left the job?

how long did you work for target, doing the night shift? did your perspective on sleep change after you left the job?
Couple of months because it was seasonal. Just wanted extra income for more gifts. Not really, I always knew it was important and cherished it. I salute anyone who works nightshifts.

me, I got really old doing it.

yup. it damaged mine as well. did it for 5 years straight, 5 nights a week starting 11pm to 9am. messed up my clock and would sundown around 4pm. I couldn't sleep once I get home and I was somehow fatigued. my face drooped, it accelerated the amount of white hair that I have and felt like a vampire. I have to wear sunglasses consistently during the daytime cause the sun hurts my eyes. after I got the chance to get out of the job, I did as soon as I can. it's not something that I would do forever.

my sleep pattern change about 3 months after. it was a struggle since I was attending classes when I quit my night time job. I guess it's ok for young people to do it short term. long term, it is a killer.

Back
Top Bottom