The Thread About Nothing...

rodman.jpg

When the H is the WNBA season in progress? I swear to god I see a random highlight of a WNBA game on Sportcenter every 3 months. Is their season broken up into 4 sections or something? 10 games, 12-16 week break, 10 games, 12-16 week break ect. Playoffs twice a year maybe.

Nervous about the start of cfb...gambling of course :lol: ...just hope I don't over think ****

How did John Wall win National Player of the Year for college basketball in 2010, but lose SEC Player of the Year to Patrick Patterson?

How does that work? :rofl:

BUMP

I just had a moment of drunken charity....

Milton Bradley is Carl Everett's clone... Both switch hitters with a wiggly but motion... Both crazy hothead... Both probably don't think dinosaurs exist... Both were amazing players when neither hurt or insane...

Clones I tell you, clones....

Didn't know where else to post this, so instead of starting a new thread, going to post it here.....

I am getting really tired of the word "arguably" when it comes to people talking about sports.  It seems as if that posters are hiding behind the word arguably, in order to post pretty much whatever they want afterwards. 

Made up examples:

Dez Bryant is arguably the greatest receiver in NFL history.

LeBron James has arguably the highest basketball IQ out of any player to ever play the game.

I have noticed it more and more on NT.  People seem to think that if they preface any statement with the word arguably, that they can post whatever opinion they may have, regardless of how off the wall or asinine, and subsequently say "well I said arguably" when called out about it.

Didn't know where else to post this, so instead of starting a new thread, going to post it here.....

I am getting really tired of the word "arguably" when it comes to people talking about sports.  It seems as if that posters are hiding behind the word arguably, in order to post pretty much whatever they want afterwards. 

Made up examples:

Dez Bryant is arguably the greatest receiver in NFL history.

LeBron James has arguably the highest basketball IQ out of any player to ever play the game.

I have noticed it more and more on NT.  People seem to think that if they preface any statement with the word arguably, that they can post whatever opinion they may have, regardless of how off the wall or asinine, and subsequently say "well I said arguably" when called out about it.

This is arguably a very good post about the annoying use of arguably when discussing sports.

Any reason why the SB can't be on a Saturday? NFL/host city would probably make MORE $$$$

If Roger Goodell can do this, I'll accept him enforcing kickoffs from the 50 :lol:

Any reason why the SB can't be on a Saturday? NFL/host city would probably make MORE $$$$

If Roger Goodell can do this, I'll accept him enforcing kickoffs from the 50
laugh.gif
I have brought this up every year since I have been on NT, and was received mostly with ridicule and slander.  "The NFL is played on Sundays." Blah, blah, blah.

Makes no sense to be basically a Sunday night.  With all the hoopla surrounding the game, its ridiculous that it ends after 10:00pm on a Sunday on the East Coast. Let people party!

Last edited:
Read it on DS last night, and I can't post it b/c it's blocked here at work, but Chris Fowler (ESPN) has a 9 year 35 million dollar contract w/ ESPN :wow:

People want it on Saturday because it'll be easier without work the next day -- BUT, people still treat Sunday like it's another party day regardless of the complaints. They don't change their schedules, they still will drink beer (a lot of people). If they move it to Saturday, it would cut into their audience.

There is a decent portion of people that don't care about football at all (a lot of people) that would spend their Super Bowl Saturday like any other Saturday. But on Sunday, it's special, and that group is tuned in because the options on Sunday don't even come close to matching the Super Bowl's magnitude.

Back
Top Bottom