THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Kareem Axion shoe was the first skateboarding sneaker I ever owned

43d31284365ac436bc75cea69f15fae4.jpg

I've been watching re-runs of the King of the Road seasons that Vice aired. Under these tough circumstances with COVID and the climate of the country, it provides a great escape. Such a good vibes type of show.

KOTR one of my favorite shows. Girlfriend hates it lol.

The original episodes of epicly latered are also great. Even just searching “vice skateboarding” some gems out there on YT.

There’s lots of thrasher kotr pre vice seasons too. The vice **** was a little too jackassy for my liking. More skating less dog **** licking please.

There’s lots of thrasher kotr pre vice seasons too. The vice **** was a little too jackassy for my liking. More skating less dog **** licking please.

Yeah the dude Evan Smith genuinely gets me feeling ill. Dude is foul.

Yeah he seems super annoying but he rips tho. Does anyone from that element team even still ride for them besides nyjah? They’re too busy pumping out ****ing bam and Novak boards. :lol:

Yeah he seems super annoying but he rips tho. Does anyone from that element team even still ride for them besides nyjah? They’re too busy pumping out ****ing bam and Novak boards. :lol:

I just googled their team and the only other one I recognized from the season besides Nyjah is Madars Apse. Which is weird because they gave Tyson Peterson his pro model during the filming.

EDIT: Tyson is with Baker now apparently. Mason Silva with REAL.

When I was a kid in the 90s/early 00 I was always a toy machine or workshop fan.
Idk if I have a favorite team now but I’d maybe say real just because I love ishod, buzenitz, and thiebaud too of course.

I used to have the Fulfill the Dream VHS on a loop. That was my get hype video.

Had the Smolik. Still have the red Muska laying around somewhere too. Took both to Woodward PA in 1999.

26a404d015d64e80b422328b4eac2f14.jpg
Man you were a lucky kid to get to Woodward. I always wanted to go there so bad. A friend of mine went a few years in middle school, but he was a rollerblader :lol:

Man you were a lucky kid to get to Woodward. I always wanted to go there so bad. A friend of mine went a few years in middle school, but he was a rollerblader :lol:

It was a dope experience man. Had to save up via my $6.00/hr after school job to go. I shared a cabin with like 16 dudes from all over the states. Sucks that we couldn't keep in touch since it was before social media and all that. Don't even think I had AIM yet. Met some cool people and some really talented skateboarders. There were a handful of pros that stayed in the big house on the property. I actually got to eat breakfast with Dave Mirra. Andy Mac was there. Kenny Hughes, Donny Barley, some others. Really surreal for a kid.

Then there was a gymnastics training camp loaded with girls from all over which was amazing for teenage boys :lol:

Just kicking it and skating with new people I never would have met otherwise was so cool to me.

It was a dope experience man. Had to save up via my $6.00/hr after school job to go. I shared a cabin with like 16 dudes from all over the states. Sucks that we couldn't keep in touch since it was before social media and all that. Don't even think I had AIM yet. Met some cool people and some really talented skateboarders. There were a handful of pros that stayed in the big house on the property. I actually got to eat breakfast with Dave Mirra. Andy Mac was there. Kenny Hughes, Donny Barley, some others. Really surreal for a kid.

Then there was a gymnastics training camp loaded with girls from all over which was amazing for teenage boys :lol:

Just kicking it and skating with new people I never would have met otherwise was so cool to me.
Yeah I always heard about the gymnastic camp. Haha. I think originally it was only gymnastics and then they formed the skate camp. I grew up in pa not too far from woodward. It was always so close but so far. Haha

There’s a few of them now, the og one still around. They have One in Cali. One in riviera maya. Sure there’s more. They have the Woodward park up in killington too which is dope.

Damn getting to go to Woodward was like reaching the holy grail back then.
Is it still around? What do they do up there now?

They've built it up significantly since I was there 21 years ago. I think I still have the OG pamphlet kicking around. I'll post it when I get a chance.

They've since added a mega ramp, dirtbike trail, an outdoor street course, and a LOT more.

Back
Top Bottom