The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Well you're right haha. I'm on the hunt for a new watch and I've wanted one with a moon phase so I was looking at frederique constant, montblanc and maybe a longines but heck dude I've been thinking of getting a Speedmaster

Im narrowing it to those brands because of budget

Last edited:
Well you're right haha. I'm on the hunt for a new watch and I've wanted one with a moon phase so I was looking at frederique constant, montblanc and maybe a longines but heck dude getting a Speedmaster forever.

Im narrowing it to those brands because of budget

Moonphase and a Speedmaster... Hmmm
View media item 2379851
Even the moon has lume (iirc) and has Buzz Aldrin's footprint! :wow:
View media item 2379852
Hopefully they have one to try out tomorrow. :smokin

Last edited:
Moonphase and a Speedmaster... Hmmm

Even the moon has lume (iirc) and has Buzz Aldrin's footprint!
eek.gif

Hopefully they have one to try out tomorrow.
smokin.gif
YOOOOOOOOO lol thats crazy. There is an omega store in my city. Im going to check if they have it. Thanks for that!

All you're making me do is save up even more to afford something north of my budget though lmao

Last edited:
Even the moon has lume (iirc) and has Buzz Aldrin's footprint! :wow:
View media item 2379852
Hopefully they have one to try out tomorrow. :smokin

is it just me of does that look like a thumb? :lol:

View media item 2379911Finally able to get my hands on this. My first Rolex but definitely won't be the last.

big congrats! enjoy! and welcome to the obsession :D

and the SeaDweller is going to be a problem, I think it might actually become a big seller, every change they made is an improvement

Last edited:
The more I look at it the more I want that skydweller. May have to stop by tomorrow and get on the list.

Last edited:
That video sealed the deal for me re: black dial. That said I did buy someone a Datejust 41 w/ blue sunburst dial yesterday and it's phenomenal in person.

I apologize if this question has been asked already, but does the case size simply come down to preference? For instance is wearing a smaller case size such as 31mm frowned upon? Thanks in advance.

case size is personal preference in the end, I base my decision on the size of my wrist and honestly, at times it feels like my 36mm fits and looks better than my bigger watches

but there are also others out there who wants that giant face on their wrist and that's perfectly fine too

case size is personal preference in the end, I base my decision on the size of my wrist and honestly, at times it feels like my 36mm fits and looks better than my bigger watches

but there are also others out there who wants that giant face on their wrist and that's perfectly fine too
Thanks for the feedback RFX45, repped!

A good guideline for sizing as well is that you don't let the lugs don't hang off your wrist. Anything smaller than that is acceptable, IMO.

I'm gonna get that SkyDweller by the end of the year. I like it especially for that price. Or the GMT.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that not all watches of the same size wear the same. As an example, put on a 40mm Sub or GMT and then put on a 40mm Day Date or Daytona... the latter two wear MUCH smaller, to the point that you'd think they were in the 36-38mm range.

Just left my local AD and put my name on the list. Should be touching base by the end of the week when the rest of staff gets back with more information about allotment and availability.

The way things are looking I'm never getting the SS SkyD. I'm sure we'll see two tones trickle down the line first followed by SS. I have been reading that the demand is outweighing production 150 to 1. Particularly 75k inquiries on the SS blue and a production of 500 units a year.

I had a RG skyD for a few months but flipped it. Never planned on keeping it but I got it used and beat for a good price. The thirst I'm having for this watch has made me regret doing that

Last edited:
damn it's that serious?

about how many of those would balk once they get the call though?

That production number makes no sense.

Yeah, pretty outrageous to me as well. I didn't believe it, nor do I know how one would even document the amount of people interested in the watch. But I did read it on the forums somewhere over the weekend and was surprised.

It was just the blue dial SS in particular, that I read was 500 units per year. Perhaps following some of AP's sales tactics? Or just fake news. Whatever it is, I want it.

That production number makes no sense.
This. They can't be that bad. But yeah, even Rolex ADs here have disappointing selections. Nothing much to display since everything's not available. Rolex hype is just crazy. Might as well get the other grails from other brands out of the way. :\

Last edited:
it really depends on your location

in my area, the batman was sitting on the case while in other parts of the country it has a waiting list

the DaytonaC definitely has the most demand right now and it looks like the SkyDwellers might be coming second on that list but if you can wait it'll level out

hows the demand on the new SeaDweller? that's they're big reveal but I wouldn't be surprised if it is being overshadowed

Back
Top Bottom